Verdict: Outlook on BlackBerry Pros: Simple Interface Cons: None URL: http://dynoplex.com/eOffice.shtml Price: $39.99 USD alone; ... Smartphone Reviews forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Review: eWorks and eSpell

Advertisement

Verdict: Outlook on BlackBerry
    Pros: Simple Interface
    Cons: None
    URL: http://dynoplex.com/eOffice.shtml
    Price: $39.99 USD alone; or included in the eOffice Suite.
    Overall Rating: 5 out of 5

Product Name:
    eWorks

I had noticed many Stackers in the professional field who wanted to be able to synch their emails, contacts, calendar, tasks, etc but who also didn't want to be tied to a BlackBerry Enterprise Server. eWorks is the answer to your wishes.

Anyway, when I opened eOffice and selected eWorks, I was presented with a split page. On the left side, you will see eWorks followed by the following choices: Inbox, Outbox, Drafts, Tasks, Calendar, Calls, Contacts, Search and Deleted Items. This list may look familiar to those who use Outlook so I won't go into much detail. Also this has the ability to synch read emails as read, deleted emails as deleted, etc.

On the right side of the screen is a much larger screen that shows Inbox, Outbox, Drafts, Tasks, Calendar and Calls. This will tell you what messages or calls you may have missed while away from the BB.

The best way to describe eWorks is to say you have a portable version of Outlook on your BB.

Verdict: Spell checker for your BlackBerry
    Pros: Very effective
    Cons: None
    URL: http://dynoplex.com/eSpell.shtml
    Price: $29.99
    Overall Rating: 5 out of 5

Product Name: eSpell

eSpell is one of many spell checkers out there for BlackBerry devices. The added bonus is that it is added to the eOffice suite of products to make composing messages much simpler.

When you open eSpell, the first mandatory choices you make are the language and the dictionary you want to use when using the spell checking feature. It will also ask if you want any type of prompting before using the sepll check. You have the option to save these settings.

eSpell works in the background while composing messages. To check the spelling, compose a message normally then click on "Check Spelling."
    This will then scan the document for any misspellings and offer choices for correcting the misspelled words. Once the spell check is finished, the email is sent looking professionally typed. It will probably then appear in the "Sent Items" folder on eWorks but I haven't sent any emails from it yet.

Hope this helps everyone who doesn't have access to Outlook and wants to create professional looking documents.
    Attached Images Attached Images

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

H.Thornton no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Review: eWorks and eSpell

eSpell can be now enhanced with add-on dictionaries - there are two specialized English (Medical, Legal) and foreign language - Spanish, German, French, Italian ones.

arul no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203BDFB0

is there anyway to download the dictionaries OTA rather than via the application itself? My unit does not allow 3rd party apps to connect to the internet to download files. As such, I am unable to use even BBCorrector or bbSpell.
    With this app, I gather that the dictionary resides on the BB itself right? So if i can get it into my unit i should be able to use this spell-checker, shouldn't I?

H.Thornton no está en línea Stack level 1

if you go to DynoPlex web site via your BB you will be redirected to a mobile web site where OTA downloads are available... try to download eSpell and use it... with any questions do contact the dynoplex support service... they are encouraged to help