COST: Non-Expiring License - $69.99 1 Year Subscription - $49.99 Standard on 4.5 - FREE ... Smartphone Reviews forum

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Thumbs up Review: Docs To Go

Advertisement

COST: Non-Expiring License - $69.99
    1 Year Subscription - $49.99
    Standard on 4.5 - FREE

REVIEW: I first started using Docs to Go standard after upgrading to the 4.5 Operating System and loved the fact that I was able to send Docs from my work PC to my blackberry. I do the schedule for the facility I work for and was able to save, view and do limited editing with out having to bring it home and pin it to the fridge to keep up with it.

This got even better just a couple of days ago when I won a premium copy here on pinstack. After installing I opened the schedule I had been working on via my laptop and was able to fully edit it with new info given me by my fellow employees on the spot using my Blackberry without taking paper notes (which I always lose) to remind me. Instead I took out my Berry and opened docs and edited the schedule on the spot.

I have not yet used Sheets to Go so I can not honestly give a review on it. You can however read my con on it later in the review.

Slideshow to Go is very useful if you have someone send you a cool pps file to view. I have tested it a time or two and really like it.

Pdf to Go which is a free add on to the Premium upgrade is also very helpful when receiving pdf files I have viewed only a few but each have been very crisp and clean as well as easy to read and navigate.

All in all this is the perfect app for keeping up with important docs for work or fun and the best part of premium is the advanced options to edit and change the files.

For Premium Edition Detailed Product Info check thier website here.

PROS: Ability to view and edit files via your Blackberry.

CONS: Known conflict for Alltel users who download the Sheets to Go upgrade in the standard . The conflict effects the MMS, Dataviz is aware and claims it to be a 4.5 issue which RIM is aware of. The conflict remains in Premium and unlike standard (which is free on 4.5) can not be resolved by deleting sheets as it is part of the core premium package. The only other con for myself is very large pps seem to freeze the device. This may only be because of the device itself so I will leave it at that.

VERDICT: The standard version is free and allows you to view files and do limited editing. The premium version allows you to view as well as edit and gives you many great options previously only offered through your desktop.

DESCRIPTION: Whether you’re an organization looking to mobilize your sales professionals or an individual looking to increase personal productivity, leaving your office or laptop behind does not have to mean leaving your crucial files and work behind. Now you can get your work done no matter where you are by using Documents To Go to view, edit and create Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files and attachments on your BlackBerry smartphone. And since it is full featured yet easy to use, Documents To Go is one mobile office suite that makes good business sense. Description taking from here . The dataviz official site.

OVERALL RATING: 4.5 Only because of the Alltel MMS conflict.

URL: http://www.dataviz.com/products/docu...rry/index.html

DOWNLOADS: http://www.dataviz.com/downloads/index.html
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 12-19-2008 at 03:46 PM.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Very much appreciated first-hand review, Cowboy. I'll be picking up this prog as a result of your input

keizerjrr no está en línea Stack level 3
    Great review Cowboy, hope that e-mail with the 10% off coupon from DataViz comes soon, I am looking forward to experiencing the same things you describe above... especially the PDF support. Wasn't that the result of the original thread, we that posted get that sent to us so we can get the discount when we download the program.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Nice review cowboy

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Well done, Randy!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Thanks Lava and Roger.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Thanks for the review, looks like a great product. I may buy a copy for my son's BB for those last minute edits on his school projects. Congrats on winning your copy, woohoo.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

I still haven't received my discount. I have removed the application from my 8120 until I am contacted.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    It took a couple of days to get the info to register my version. With all the post that were made it may take a little time to get them all covered.

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    Nice review!