Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've been a member of this site for awhile and always appreciate the tips and ... Smartphone Reviews forum

dwan no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up Review: DataVault by Ascendo

Advertisement

I've been a member of this site for awhile and always appreciate the tips and info that the members share that help me maximize the capabilities of my Pearl. I use my Pearl to keep organize with a lot of my work information but also as my main MP3 device or video player (episodes of Family Guy make any subway ride in NYC seem that much shorter).

One of the best software programs that I use to keep myself organized is DataVault. Its a very flexible program that lets me keep all my important personal and business information secure on my device because you need a password to enter the program. I keep everything from financial information to website logins to frequent flyer numbers on this program whether its personal or work related.

Data can be stored in customizable templates and categorized. Desktop software has an easy user interface which is a huge plus cause it makes entering the data very easy. Synchronizing the data between desktop and the phone is a breeze. The last positive point about the software is the support. I've only needed to contact them once via email and I got a response within 24 hours.

At the moment, I can not list out any cons because the changes in the most recent release have already addressed them.

This was the first and only program I purchased to handle this function and I do not see myself ever having to look for another software with this functionality. Other apps that I have on my phone (free or purchased) include Beamberry, Sudoku Master, Aces Texas Hold'm, Gmail and Facebook.

tj2311111 Guest

Re: Review: DataVault by Ascendo

I have Ascendo DataVault and I agree it is a great program. Made me delete Password Keeper from my BB, as DataVault was much better. Is the latest version 4.36?
    Last edited by tj2311111; 01-10-2008 at 03:54 PM.

dwan no está en línea Stack level 2

Yep. I believe 4.36 is the latest version out. I also deleted the crappy Password Keeper from my BB.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

I think a lot of people on here are using Datavault now since Handango made it a free app on a Friday in December. It got posted and downloaded a lot! I got one for each of my two BB's!

tj2311111 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    I think a lot of people on here are using Datavault now since Handango made it a free app on a Friday in December. It got posted and downloaded a lot! I got one for each of my two BB's!
    Thats how I got my copy too. lol.

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ me too. But I do like it better than the other wallet programs I tried out. It really is a good app.

MR. H no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301a4489

anyone got a link id like to try it
    STILL THE KING

tomvb2000 no está en línea Stack level 3

You can find it at Handango here . Normal price is 29.95 so we can only hope it becomes a Friday Freebie again.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)-->Tour (9630)

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG

The Freebie Friday??? what is that and how can I see the Freebie software that they give away FREE?

tj2311111 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stnkyq2 View Post
    The Freebie Friday??? what is that and how can I see the Freebie software that they give away FREE?

They stopped doing Freebie Friday recently, as far as I know. I believe it was something just for the holidays. They only had a few BB applications given away most were for other phones.

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG

Thanx TeamJordan23........I was wondering. I was at the site and I couldn't find any free software, but I downloaded the free trail of the program and I am testing it tonite....

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

i love data vault. however, I want to strengthen my master password and I contacted the developers because the way it is set up, if you mess with the master password it erases your data, both on the pc and on the bb. the developers said this will be addressed in an upgrade that will be released soon.

H3X3D no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23FAEOBE

Thumbs up Re: Review: DataVault by Ascendo

Quote Originally Posted by teamjordan23 View Post
    Thats how I got my copy too. lol.
    Well guess what? Me too! woohoo

capg2000 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up Re: Review: DataVault by Ascendo

Hi.
    I too have DataVault. I use it all the time. I have folders for all my biz accounts, personal info, my wifes info, even mom's credit cards. Safe, secure & stored o my BB & laptop. The Best!!
    This is what every BB user should have.
    Capt G.

tomvb2000 no está en línea Stack level 3

No disrespect for any of the DataVault fans, but curious if anyone has any experience with SplashID? They've got a good rep for their Treo/POS products and it seems comparable to DataVault. I'm going to buy one of the two, so just doing research. I've been using PasswordsPlus from Dataviz for many years, but don't think it's being enhanced any more.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)-->Tour (9630)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast