Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Verdict: Great screen protector, better fit that the protector I was using Pros: I put ... Smartphone Reviews forum

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Post Review: Clarivue Screen Proctector for 8700g

Advertisement

Verdict: Great screen protector, better fit that the protector I was using
    Pros: I put it on myself. Need I say more?!? Much better fit and seems more durable than my old protector.
    Cons:
    Price: $7.99 for 2 screen protectors
    URL: http://www.clarivue.com
    Overall Rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was actually able to put the protector on myself, with little to no trouble. I was too terrified to do it myself last time, so I made my hubby. The directions were clear and easy to follow. Wiped off my BB screen (did not have any cans of air to use, although it would be a great thing to have).

Was a little leary of the next step, removing both the front and back plastic covers. Thought that was crazy, but obeyed. And, the front and back are clearly marked, which is much better than trying to figure it out yourself with two pieces of clear plasticy material. I had no question which was the front and back with the little labels attached. And it was not hard to pull the protector off of the backing.

Next, align with the screen, Use a credit card over the surface to get rid of bubbles.

I think I caught a speck of dust under the protector, but otherwise worked out great. Seems to fit on a little better than my old protector, which was in the I need to be replaced stage. It seems to be more durable as well, although only time will tell on that count.

The biggest problem I had with my other protector this one fixed. The old one went up onto the silver part above the speaker on the top of the BB, which is raised up a little bit above the screen. I had trouble with bubbles and pulling off right away.
    Clarivue solves that by stopping below the silver on the phone and not going above the speaker. There is a cut out for the speaker to make sure it is not covered.

I wil keep you posted on how I like it and how it holds up over time. Just put it on tonight.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Review: Clarivue Screen Proctector for 8700g

Thanks for the review!! Sounds like this is a really good product.

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

been using these for a while too
    very good product
    they do over time start to fall off
    i've been through 4 but no scratches!

I think most screen protectors do start to get loose at some point.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Great review Melissa. Hope mine gets here soon.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ well it passed test one, baby hands. No sratches on it from her sharp little nails.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Melissa, better buy a skin, or baby drool will get the better of your BB. Don't laugh, it happened to my buddy's cell phone! Course he let his daughter use it as a teething ring for god knows how long!

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Thanks for the Review! Good looking out!

xaurav no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20374F8B

cool thxy

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    Verdict: Great screen protector, better fit that the protector I was using
    Pros: I put it on myself. Need I say more?!? Much better fit and seems more durable than my old protector.
    Cons:
    Price: $7.99 for 2 screen protectors
    URL: http://www.clarivue.com
    Overall Rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was actually able to put the protector on myself, with little to no trouble. I was too terrified to do it myself last time, so I made my hubby. The directions were clear and easy to follow. Wiped off my BB screen (did not have any cans of air to use, although it would be a great thing to have).

Was a little leary of the next step, removing both the front and back plastic covers. Thought that was crazy, but obeyed. And, the front and back are clearly marked, which is much better than trying to figure it out yourself with two pieces of clear plasticy material. I had no question which was the front and back with the little labels attached. And it was not hard to pull the protector off of the backing.

Next, align with the screen, Use a credit card over the surface to get rid of bubbles.

I think I caught a speck of dust under the protector, but otherwise worked out great. Seems to fit on a little better than my old protector, which was in the I need to be replaced stage. It seems to be more durable as well, although only time will tell on that count.

The biggest problem I had with my other protector this one fixed. The old one went up onto the silver part above the speaker on the top of the BB, which is raised up a little bit above the screen. I had trouble with bubbles and pulling off right away.
    Clarivue solves that by stopping below the silver on the phone and not going above the speaker. There is a cut out for the speaker to make sure it is not covered.

I wil keep you posted on how I like it and how it holds up over time. Just put it on tonight.
    Question...when I bought my protector for them the version they had and sent me was obviously for the 8700c. Is this one an exact fit? I had to cut mine for it to fit properly. I will order a new one if they now have the one for the 8700g

Thanks for the info!
    Nikki
    iPhone 4S - work
    Samsung Galaxy SII - personal
    Supporting BB, android and iOs devices at work.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Im useing these now. And they are just as good as Melissa says. I really like mine.

Seems to fit perfect. I did not have to cut it at all. Not sure how different the 8700c is or where I would see a difference.
    My Blog , My Flickr

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    Seems to fit perfect. I did not have to cut it at all. Not sure how different the 8700c is or where I would see a difference.
    Well there was an additional plastic piece above where the speaker is at the top of the device, also the bottom of the protector was cut at an angle, diagonally where the 8700g is more cornered off.

I guess I shall have to buy the new version.
    Nikki
    iPhone 4S - work
    Samsung Galaxy SII - personal
    Supporting BB, android and iOs devices at work.

I would say this protector is cut to fit this phone just right. Maybe the one I had before was meant for the other 8700 too.
    My Blog , My Flickr

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

thanks for the review, i think i'm going to get it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast