Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Charging Pod The charging pod is black on the interior and chrome plated on the ... Smartphone Reviews forum

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Review:Charging Pod

Advertisement

Charging Pod

The charging pod is black on the interior and chrome plated on the exterior.
    The BB logo on the front stays lighted when powered. The interior has a light area where the charging posts are located.
    This is a small item with a good amount of weight.

Verdict
    • Pro - looks sharp and has a good weight to the product. it doesnt feel cheaply made. the fact that the blackberry is cradled and stands makes this an ideal desktop charger.
    • Con - the logo on the front stays lit. if this is located in the bedroom the light is probably going to be the brightest thing in the room. light sleepers beware
    • Price - $29.99 through the T-mobile retail stores.
    • Over all Rating - i rate this a 4 out of 5
    the charger is sharp and has great appeal. the problem is the lighted bb logo. my wife gets aggrivated because i use it in the bedroom and the light bothers her. if this is happening to me then its bound to happen to others. if it wasnt for that i would rate it a 5 out of 5

now the pics

IMG00010.jpg

IMG00011.jpg

IMG00012.jpg

IMG00014.jpg

IMG00016.jpg

scan0002.jpg

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    If it actually DOCKED to a PC, I would buy it.

Good review!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i got to see one of these at CTIA ... very shiny and pretty!

i guess since i deal with the flashing green/red LED, i could deal with this one too

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    If it actually DOCKED to a PC, I would buy it.

Good review!
    You can use the USB cord that came with your BB to connect the pod to your PC. That's how I use mine for both of my Pearls.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ There is also a version of the pod that comes with a USB cord.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    ^ But does it allow you to sync? I know you can plug it in and charge through the PC.. but I don't think you can sync through the battery contacts. :P

I guess I was unclear, what I meant by "docking" is: Dropping it into the cradle and having it connect to my PC and charge at the same time.

Lindararith no está en línea Stack level 3
    Nice review. I am thinking about getting one.

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    I have one 2...... I got mine from a site that had it on sale for $17.99..... Its Great, just the light does stay on and my wife used to complain too! She is used to it NOW...
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by stnkyq2 View Post
    I have one 2...... I got mine from a site that had it on sale for $17.99..... Its Great, just the light does stay on and my wife used to complain too! She is used to it NOW...

Here is a link where you can get it for $16.78 right now!

http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-ASY...0343516&sr=8-4
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

vel4769 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I own one and really like it. It's easier to charge the BB by slipping the BB into the pod, cradle without constantly utilizing the usb port. It reduces the wear and tear on the usb port. Well worth it despite the annoying lit logo.

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    i love both of mine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

zapfenstreic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25788C1F
    I have one and love it. Got it for $12.99. It was on clearance at the time! guess no one was buying them at the T-Mobile store I went to. It stays in my living room so the light doesnt bother me while I sleep, also walking around in my living room with out the light on is not a good idea. This charger gives me enough light that I dont kill myself walking around! I have a seidio desk top charger for the bed room.

Little electrical tape over the bb sybol will fix the light problem in the bedroom.
    Cancer Free Since 9 March 2006!!

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I am thinking about getting one of these. My only question is how well does the curve sit in the chargeing pod? Is it a snug fit or a loose fit?

BerrySmartUser no está en línea Stack level 3
    I was debating it as well, however my Curve 8320 has the Sedio Rubberized Skin and I'm wondering if my Curve will fit in it with the skin on..

BERRYCURVE no está en línea Stack level 5
    I've had this dock for sometime and has loved it ever since. It's not for syncing purposes yet gives you a stylish look for docking your BB for recharging.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast