Protecting your mobile phone has become essential in today's world; and with cases, pouches, and ... Smartphone Reviews forum

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Review: Case-Mate Smooth Case For BlackBerry 8900

Advertisement

Protecting your mobile phone has become essential in today's world; and with cases, pouches, and gel skins in all shapes and colors, this really gives you the option to give your device a personal touch, as well as keeping your device as cosmetically up to par.

I received the Case-Mate Smooth case for the BlackBerry 8900 in the mail, and boy, was I excited to get my hands on the case. I have up until a couple days ago only used the standard sleeve that the 8900 comes with or just slipped it into my pocket. I have been looking for a case suitable for my device but I have so far have found nothing. When I opened the Case-Mate Smooth case packaging I noticed it's a 2 piece case that provides excellent protection. One piece slides on the top half the other snaps into the bottom half. Unlike most skins for the 8900 and other BlackBerry devices it’s not hard to take off either. The smooth case is not too bulky, and not too thin.

One of my concerns when putting on the case was how it would affect my texting and emailing ability. However, the Smooth case is thin enough where it doesn't affect your typing ability on this device whatsoever.

The case is designed perfectly. You can easily press the lock and mute key (at the top of the device), the volume buttons, charging port and convenience keys. They are all easily accessible. The Case-Mate Smooth case is an easy winner and beats out the Body glove shells and Gel Skins, hands down.

Below are pcitures of what the case looks like.
    IMG00020-20090814-2235.jpg IMG00025-20090814-2319.jpg IMG00009-20090814-2319.jpg

IMG00010-20090814-2320.jpg IMG00005-20090814-1751.jpg IMG00007-20090814-1752.jpg

You can pick up these cases for your BlackBerry 8900 Curve at http://www.case-mate.com for a very nice price of $29.99

All pictures taken from BlackBerry 8900 and BlackBerry 8520.

[x]JON[X]
    Last edited by RogerG; 08-18-2009 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Fixed formatting......
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Good review Jonny. It looks (and fits together) a lot like the Seidio case for the 8900. Have you seen that one and can you compare? Just curious because I got the Seidio (I think) before this one came out.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

crysti_reyes no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B09C64
    Great post, Jon!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I like the incipio case better though.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Good review Jonny. It looks (and fits together) a lot like the Seidio case for the 8900. Have you seen that one and can you compare? Just curious because I got the Seidio (I think) before this one came out.
    I haven't used that seidio case at all.I've used the body glove case a case from speck. And one other. Not sure who made it but I didn't like any of them. To bulky. Difficult to open up. Etc. This has been the best case so far.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    What sold me the most onthis case was the fact thatt it didn't have to snap on a front or a back cover. Its two pieces top and bottom. And it snaps easily into place and if you need to remove it you can easily without such a fight.
    BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.259 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100