Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

hi guys has anyone got a case for their pearl ? How does it feel ... Smartphone Reviews forum

kayj no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Advertisement

hi guys has anyone got a case for their pearl ? How does it feel ?

Kayj

TheMercuryMan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ADA6AB

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by kayj View Post

Kayj
    ive got one its ok. its not for the workin man i caught it on something and the whole top of it bent down . easy to bend back but its kinda like gluin a belt clip to the battery case with extra glue that makes the buttons hard to get to

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Has anyone else installed the screen protector that came with your case? I have a small problem. Mine has moved itself down to where the top of the screen is no longer protected. Not sure how to get it back off the phone to re-position it.

EDIT: It came off right after I posted this LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kayj View Post

Kayj
    I just posted a review for mine. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...olet_case.html
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 04-22-2008 at 02:27 AM.

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I got mine in today and I love it!! I have no complaints what so ever. The only thing I do hate which is totally my fault is that I dropped the screen protector on my bed sheet and it got covered in lint and i cant seem to get that off haha but I love the case!! Did an awesome job!! Def gonna do more business with case-stack!

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Got mines today as well. Nice case. I'm not using the screen protector since I already using BSE.

Quote Originally Posted by brettxw View Post
    I got mine in today and I love it!! I have no complaints what so ever. The only thing I do hate which is totally my fault is that I dropped the screen protector on my bed sheet and it got covered in lint and i cant seem to get that off haha but I love the case!! Did an awesome job!! Def gonna do more business with case-stack!
    You're not the only one who had to trash the screen protector LOL I couldn't get mine on properly which led to air bubbles and trashing the thing completely.

wu-wei no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    CHERS!
    I got my case a little while ago - I have an 8800.

Mine has the metal 'case-mate' plate on the exterior. Odd that others don't have it.

I also ordered the holster. It is a tight fit. Like REALLY tight. I like that for security, but it's rather inconvenient for answering calls.

I'm a bit disappointed about the lack of standby/holster function. I'm heading over to the case-mate site now to see about these different versions of the holster. I don't recall seeing 2 choices of holster when I placed my order. Seems pretty silly (to me anyway) not to offer the standby/holster function in a holster.

I didn't think the box was excessively large. You should have seen the ridiculous box my replacement eargels were sent in. I ordered 2 sets of gels for my Plantronics BT headset and they came in a box that was twice the size of the case-mate box. They easily could have fit into, oh, I don't know, an envelope maybe?

edit

OK, I just checked out the case-mate site and they do offer an 'executive' holster that includes the standby magnet. Only trouble is, it doesn't accommodate the case. Just a naked BlackBerry.

Odd.

/edit
    Last edited by wu-wei; 04-23-2008 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Added image

wu-wei no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    CHERS!
    Alright, I couldn't stand not having a holster function, so I've been a-hacking.

In an odd twist of coincidence, my OEM holster broke the day before I was scheduled to receive my case-mate. So I've had no problem ripping into it to figure out magnet placement.

For the 8800 (and I'm sure other models are similar) there are four magnets in the OEM holster. Two large magnets provide the closure on the top "strap" that holds the device in the holster. (Only one is visible in the image below). Two smaller magnets live in the bottom of the case - one each front and back. The device will go into "holstered" mode when either one is activated.

For purposes of adding a magnet to the case-mate holster, I was only able to align with the front of the device. This is because the device faces the interior of the holster, and because the bottom "lip" doesn't extend high enough to place a magnet that would activate the sensor on the rear of the device.

The sensor on the front of the device is just below the space bar on the keyboard - right about where my T-Mobile logo is.

This is actually preferable for a few reasons. First, I'm not inclined to cut into the leather of the holster, so any magnets I attach are going to be glued or otherwise affixed. I'd rather not have a shiny magnet on the outward-facing surface of an otherwise gorgeous leather holster. Second, the placement of the magnet on the interior-facing surface of the holster sits partially under the belt clip, so it should be less likely to interfere with anything (or get ripped off by clipping the holster to a belt).

So, I've tested out placement and glued one of the smaller magnets onto the back of the holster. And now I've got "holstered" mode again. No more interrupting meetings with my little beeps and blips - just that comforting vibration to let me know when things are happening.
    Last edited by wu-wei; 04-23-2008 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Added images

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I finally got my case today. Fed Ex sent it to the wrong house and I had to track it down. It is very nice all though they got the wrong font for my user name (no biggie). But, it is a free case and I am very greatful to Pinstack for giving me one. Thank you Pinstack and Case-Mate.

mdlissner no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by wu-wei View Post
    Alright, I couldn't stand not having a holster function, so I've been a-hacking.

In an odd twist of coincidence, my OEM holster broke the day before I was scheduled to receive my case-mate. So I've had no problem ripping into it to figure out magnet placement.

For the 8800 (and I'm sure other models are similar) there are four magnets in the OEM holster. Two large magnets provide the closure on the top "strap" that holds the device in the holster. (Only one is visible in the image below). Two smaller magnets live in the bottom of the case - one each front and back. The device will go into "holstered" mode when either one is activated.

For purposes of adding a magnet to the case-mate holster, I was only able to align with the front of the device. This is because the device faces the interior of the holster, and because the bottom "lip" doesn't extend high enough to place a magnet that would activate the sensor on the rear of the device.

The sensor on the front of the device is just below the space bar on the keyboard - right about where my T-Mobile logo is.

This is actually preferable for a few reasons. First, I'm not inclined to cut into the leather of the holster, so any magnets I attach are going to be glued or otherwise affixed. I'd rather not have a shiny magnet on the outward-facing surface of an otherwise gorgeous leather holster. Second, the placement of the magnet on the interior-facing surface of the holster sits partially under the belt clip, so it should be less likely to interfere with anything (or get ripped off by clipping the holster to a belt).

So, I've tested out placement and glued one of the smaller magnets onto the back of the holster. And now I've got "holstered" mode again. No more interrupting meetings with my little beeps and blips - just that comforting vibration to let me know when things are happening.
    Great Info - I will try it on mine which I got after returning from vacation on Monday.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234