Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I received the case-mate leather case this morning that I won from the Pinstack giveaway. ... Smartphone Reviews forum

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

Review: Case-mate Leather Case - PinStack Edition

Advertisement

I received the case-mate leather case this morning that I won from the Pinstack giveaway. Here's a short write up of my thoughts.

Click thumbnails above for larger photos

First off, the packaging isn't that big but case-mate shipped it in a pretty big box. I already tossed it, so no picture. You'll have to take my word for it, I just thought it was a bit weird.

The case adds a little bit of bulk to the phone, and it is noticeable. More noticeable than, say, a snap on case. However, the leather feels MUCH nicer than hard plastic.

The case is built well and is firm, not flimsy. The leather is very soft and feels great in the hand. It also hugs my Curve well, and there are no "loose" spots.

It comes with a screen protector! I mean the ones you apply yourself, not the kind that is attached to the case itself. Those are.. not preferable. I already have one on, but I thought this was a nice touch.

The side keys are relatively easy to access and no functionality is hindered. However.. The right and left rows of keys on the keyboard are not as easy to hit now. I made a few typos in the beginning, but quickly got used to it. The only gripe I still have is that the Q and P buttons are still a bit annoying to press when you're typing fast. Not a huge deal, but it's also noticeable.

I never thought I'd be using one of these, ever, but I can see myself buying from case-mate in the future. The leather case feels and looks very classy, if that makes sense. If you are looking for a case and don't mind a tiny bit more bulk than a snap on case, I would definitely recommend case-mate. Like I said before, it feels much more luxurious than a plastic snap on shield.

Price: $34.99
    Verdict: Yes
    Pros: Very classy and high-quality feel.
    Cons: "Claustrophobic" keyboard.
    URL: http://www.case-mate.com/phones/PinStack-cases

PS: I know the picture quality isn't great, and I know natural light > flash, but there isn't much "natural light" outside at 4 in the morning, so I hope these pictures suffice for now. Believe it or not, these pictures were taken on a cellphone camera.

Also, to get 20% off your order, see here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s_bb_case.html (Thanks Hayden!)
    Last edited by ssnxp; 04-18-2008 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Added link to 20% off.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Thanks for the review, I should be getting mine today, did you get the Signature clip as well?

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    ^ No I haven't, I was thinking about it though. Sometimes I throw my other phones in a leather pouch, but my Blackberries have always had a dedicated spot in my pocket.. cheesy as it may sound. I also have my eye on the carbon fiber leather case and holster, but I'm really digging my Pinstacked case right now.

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro
    Great review. I hope to get one when I upgrade my phone for WES.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

nito80 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2426f5fb
    the box was ridiculously large for the contents...

i love the case though!

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    The box was huge, but I like that. They packed it full of bubble wrap so I was sure that the case would not be damaged.

For those of you that love the size and feel of the 8700 series, this is the perfect case. It is about the same width of the 8700 but the leather feels perfectly soft in your hand. "A pillow for your hand"

I ordered the holster, is scheduled to arrive today!

sanjomaz no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Agree w/ the review

I also received my case yesterday, and yes, it came in a mammoth shipping box!

I'd say your review is "spot on" and I'm getting used to the cramped quarters for the right and left side keyboard keys as well.
    I tend to use the "enter" key frequently as an alternative to pressing the trackball and the edge of the case does sometimes inhibit smooth operation. I have kind of big mits too, so the keyboard on the curve has always been a bit challenging for me regardless of the case.

All in all, however, a very high-quality product!

Thanks again to PinStack and CaseMate.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by BigHulkDiese View Post
    The box was huge, but I like that. They packed it full of bubble wrap so I was sure that the case would not be damaged.

For those of you that love the size and feel of the 8700 series, this is the perfect case. It is about the same width of the 8700 but the leather feels perfectly soft in your hand. "A pillow for your hand"

I ordered the holster, is scheduled to arrive today!
    I have to completely agree with that statement. I put mine next to an 8703 that I was showing to a customer and noticed that with the case on my 8320 was the exact same size. Now that I think about it I am going to have to get a hold of an OEM holster for an 8700 and see if it fits in there.

Zo

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjomaz View Post
    I'd say your review is "spot on" and I'm getting used to the cramped quarters for the right and left side keyboard keys as well.
    I tend to use the "enter" key frequently as an alternative to pressing the trackball and the edge of the case does sometimes inhibit smooth operation.
    Thanks again to PinStack and CaseMate.
    Agreed! I am still getting used to "lip" around the keys but I do love the case. As for the holster, I love it. The case fits perfectly. I have a picture of the case and holster together in the pinstack gallery.
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5
    Thanks for the nice review. Will only get mine by 6:00PM, Apr 22nd, local time. So for now, I'm imagining myself holding it.

blacknight0180 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2445561A
    emailed case-mate for suppport regarding the sleep function and if possible to get the combo w/ PinStack logo on it.. here is the response......

Dear Inquirer,

case-mate does not offer the sleep function in our Signature line. We do offer the magnet in our Executive Holsters.

The cheaper route would be to order the Combo at $49.99, with the personalization(which is free).

You cannot get the Pinstack case for the Combo.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Regards.

Josh

*******Just want to let you guys know!!!
    -=BlacKnight=-

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Got the same response on my end from them.

Zo

mfromin no está en línea Stack level 1

How did you give PinStack your address?

I was one of the 100 but never heard anything from PinStack....did they contact you? Did you contact them?

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5
    Try contact any of the mod team. Or just PM hayden.

Quote Originally Posted by mfromin View Post
    I was one of the 100 but never heard anything from PinStack....did they contact you? Did you contact them?

cjcarbone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    not anym
    Quote Originally Posted by mfromin View Post

You are supposed to email case-mate@pinstack.com and they will email you back instructions on how to obtain your case.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast