Verdict: A simple convenient charger for both the car and home. Pros: Very convenient to ... Smartphone Reviews forum

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Review: Boxwave VersaCharger Pro

Advertisement

Verdict: A simple convenient charger for both the car and home.

Pros: Very convenient to have an all in one solution for charging. Quite small so you can bring it with you anywhere.

Cons: You must have a usb cable with you to plug into the VersaCharger, it does not have a cable built in.

URL: http://boxwave.com/products/versachargerpro/index.htm

Price:
    Regular Price: $44.95
    Web Special: $25.95
    You Save: $19.00 (42%)

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5

VersaCharger PRO™ eliminates the need for multiple chargers! Whether you're in the car, on an airplane, at the office, or at home, the VersaCharger PRO™ is the single charging device capable of providing you with power across these different environments. We've combined the car charger, wall charger, and airplane charger through an optional converter, to create the all-inclusive charging solution for your handheld.

Designed with significant new features and improvements, the VersaCharger PRO™ takes BoxWave’s original concept to the next level! The VersaCharger PRO™ outputs more power to feed your power-hungry devices. It also contains an intelligent universal voltage conversion circuit that now allows you to use it in all countries.* And it has been designed to natively support one of 2 outlet plug styles, so it frees you from the need to use an additional adapter for US or European power outlets. Additionally, because of the improved USB port location, the VersaCharger PRO™ does not need to occupy two wall outlets when charging your device!

These new features along with many other new additions make BoxWave’s VersaCharger PRO™ compact and simple to use. It is the single, complete charging solution that makes traveling with your handheld easy.

With the VersaCharger PRO™, you now have more power, more freedom to travel to any country, and more convenience than ever before to keep your device powered and charged!

This is a great solution for me because I also have the miniSync cable. I carry both of these with me wherever I go so I am never without a charge.

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    Well with the retractable mini cable you can align the length of the cable and not worry about having to ball up the extra cable

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba
    What else can I say!! I really like this unit!!!

jailbaitryan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E3AA4A
    Why is it so expensive?

PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Quote Originally Posted by jailbaitryan
    Why is it so expensive?
    Think of it this way...

Car Charger... $15 - $35
    Home Charger... $20-$40

VersaCharger Pro... $26

bradsacks no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have heard that using non BB OEM chargers can be problematic for the BB batteries in time. Something about the output current? Any reason to be concerned using 3rd party chargers?

PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Here are the specs from the VersaCharger Pro...

Technical Specifications:

AC/Wall Voltage Input: 100V to 240VAC 50 – 60 Hz 0.1A (variable)
    DC/Car Voltage Input: 12V to 24V (variable)
    Voltage Output:
    5.3V – 5.5VDC 400mA - 1000mA+

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb
    Would this provide a "Rapid charge" or a "Trickle charge" to the Blackberry?