Verdict: A simple yet very protective case for the BlackBerry 8830 Pros: Lightweight, inexpensive, protective! ... Smartphone Reviews forum

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Thumbs up Review: Boxwave 8830 Active Case

Advertisement

Verdict: A simple yet very protective case for the BlackBerry 8830
    Pros: Lightweight, inexpensive, protective!
    Cons: None.
    URL: http://www.boxwave.com/products/acti...-8830_2706.htm
    Price:
    Regular Price:$32.95
    Web Special:$27.95
    You Save:$5.00 (15%
    Overall rating: 5 out of 5

Out of all the cases I have for the 8830, this by far is the most simple, inexpensive and convenient.

This case comes in a very small package, giving the appearance of a simple case. When you open the included baggie you find a plastic clip, which I will add has a very strong spring! The clip is detachable, and the knob that is attached to on the actual case is detachable as well! What a plus or me, as I appreciate where I can use the clip somedays, and take the clip off and still have a thin case without an annoying knob poking out!

The knob comes detached, to install it you can use a very small star screwdriver (Philips), or maybe a screwdriver from a sunglass set. One part of the knob has a small square, which will be matched to the same size square on the back of the case. From the opposite side of the case you will put the included washer, then insert the screw and tigthen. After the screw is inserted you can also put the small circular piece of velvet over the screw, to keep the illusion of no screw.

The case itself snaps together when the phone is inserted, and believe me when I say it stays on. I was afraid it would come apart easily, but that is not the case. To remove the case from the phone you can pry it apart at the very bottom of the case.

I chose the smoke color because it matches the phone better in my eyes, but you can also get a clear version as well.

This case protects my 8830 extremely well because the phone is only exposed where it needs to be, keypad, charging part and screen. I am not worried if I drop the phone because the case will protect it.

See the url above for more pictures of the case in action...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cp6169; 07-10-2007 at 08:02 PM.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Review: Boxwave 8830 Active Case

Hey Nice review Chris..Nothing but superb products that you are bringing us.
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Thanks Chris. Great review. Looks like a great product.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

really good pics too. Thanks!

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Thanks, nice case, will have to look into it when I upgrade.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I just ordered the clear one. Less than a week with the Curve and it's already starting to feel my abuse so hopefully this case will hold up to what I can dish out. Most cases can't.