Verdict: Pros: Cons: URL: http://www.jabra.com/JabraCMS/NA/EN/...A210/JabraA210 Price: $59.99 Overall Rating: Jabra Bluetooth Adapter for Non-Bluetooth BlackBerry ... Smartphone Reviews forum

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

Review: Bluetooth adapter for Non-BT BB

Advertisement

Verdict:
    Pros:
    Cons:
    URL:
    http://www.jabra.com/JabraCMS/NA/EN/...A210/JabraA210
    Price: $59.99
    Overall Rating:

Jabra Bluetooth Adapter for Non-Bluetooth BlackBerry

I know it's a lot of acronyms, but I've recently been using the Jabra A210 Bluetooth adapter with my non-Bluetooth 7230 and it's been really nice.

The Unit
    The A210 is suprisingly slim and better yet, incredibly light weight. At 1-3/4 inch long x 1-1/4 inch tall x 1/4 inch thick the unit is very easy to tuck away. The unit is about 1/3 of the size of a standard business card or just a tad smaller than a key fob remote for the car. Even though it is lightweight (about as heavy as a CD or DVD), it has proven to be rather duarable. Its case is a black rubberized plastic and can handle a few drops and bumps. It uses the standard 2.5mm headset jack for any phone to create a Bluetooth compatable device. The cord is hard wired to the A210 device and has a rather short coiled tether. Out-of-the-box you get the A210 device, belt clip, AC charging cord, stylus for pairing device and headset and a small velcro patch for attaching to a phone.

Features
    It took just under 2 hours to fully charge the device. The specs say you'll get 8 hours talk and 240 hours standby time. I've yet to put it to those limits and have been topping off the charge every 5 days or so. The A210 allows voice dialing for supported phones and has a range of 33 ft( or 10 meters). My experience with the range has been the closer, the better. The Jabra unit is operating on Bluetooth 1.2 and is campatable with BT 1.1 as well.

Functions
    Simplicity is the name of the game. The A210 has an on/off button, 1-2-3 switch for best reception and compatability options, pairing set and two lights. One for the Bluetooth service and one for charge status. Pairing to a headset was extremely easy. You hit the pairing button (which is inset and will never be hit "by accident") until the blue light is solid and then turn on the headset. The pairing is finished when the light on the A210 is flashing. I paired this with both a Motorola HS820 and the Jabra Free Speak 250v. Both worked the first time and I have not had any disconnects. The A210 adapter will go into standby mode when not in use for more than 1 minute in order to save power.

Quality
    I've paired this with both a Motorola HS820 and Jabra Free Speak 250v. The HS820 had better sound quality, but MUCH lower volume than the Jabra 250v. Oddly enough, the Jabra 250v headset has only decent quality but is a better fitting higher volume headset. It's hard to tell if some of the pops and cracks in the sound are from the Jabra A210 or the headsets. The range I've experienced has only been about 10-15 ft. MAX before getting too poor of quality. I have not had any dropped calls. There is a bit longer delay in the initial connetion of a call when the A210 is coming out of standby mode than when it's in normal operation mode.

Conclusion
    I am impressed. All total with a headset and the A210 adapter I spent $250 LESS than if I bought a new phone and headset. The A210 has worked great as an add on. I don't think I'll use it too much outside of the office, car and home though. Traveling may be a bit cumbersome with the extra chargers and attachments to the phone. All-in-all as a fairly inexpensive solution, the A210 is doing exactly what I wanted it to. Actually, an added bonus is that I can make my Home Phone Bluetooth using this device.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 06-06-2006 at 09:21 PM.

Gina no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Bluetooth adapter for Non-BT BB

here's a pic

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

Now that I have the 7105t with built in BT, I've concluded that the quality and clarity of the connection when using the A210 is inferior to that of a regular BT device. My Jabra BT250v is very clear with my 7105t and had cracks and pops when paired with the A210.

Just2fitz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23C478C1

Just went out and bought it today, and I liked it!