Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~... Smartphone Reviews forum

mdwaite no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Great review! I was on the phone with T-Mobile to order the phone. What I wanted to do was make the 8220 just for calls and my curve data only. Since my data plan costs $19.99 with voice, making my curve just data will end up being $39.99. While switching my voice to the 8220. So that will be an extra $20 on my bill. I was planning on adding a new line for my curve so I can get the 8220 for $150 after MIR. I'm still thinking about though. I'll end up doing it anyway because I want that phone. I don't want to order it and just keep swapping SIMS everytime. I need to get the extra line for my curve and give my main number to the 8220.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.81 OS!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    Thanks for the review!

taolaga no está en línea Stack level 1

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata
    Just for everyone's info. I was in my local Walmart this morning and there was a 8220 dummy on display. The best part was that the price was listed as $48 with new contract.

Update: I just looked on Walmart's website and it lists the 8220 for $99 after a $50 mail-in rebate. Maybe the instore display is a mistake.
    Last edited by pegb856; 10-18-2008 at 06:58 PM.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Nice review but you just mentioned the possitive things about the 8220, there is a bunch of negative things about it, as to OS/hardware and the design of it
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

deanplays no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the great review. I checked this new pearl at a tmobole store recently, but was disappointed with the way it looked. I just wish they had gone a little more out of their way with the visual cosmetic design a little more. It is extremely plain once you open it. Other than that, very, very cool! Love blackberry! Does the 8120 also take a max of 16gig on the memory card?

drepope100 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2576b7d1
    nice interface, media player, and updated browser!!! the only thing is from time to time, i get a 2-3 second lag. but over all, its a great piece of equipment!!!

p.s. i agree with li2327, the zooming in/out is somewhat annoying...............but what device doesnt have SOME weak points
    L.T.P.F.J

kyleresq no está en línea Stack level 3
    I actually love it myself. I actually didn't really like it in pictures but I went to my TMO store and I liked it in person. It is darn sleek and sexy when closed, and fully functional with a killer screen when open. I like the bigger keys althought it did take some getting used to. And the 4.6OS with the HTML email is amazing. I agree that the zooming in and out on the browser is a pain, but the fact that I can now visit flash enabled sites is great. See, 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

I had the 8120 so I had the WIfi and I won't buy another phone without it, so I was pleased that this one had it as well. I also notice the lag on occassion, which is odd, but it's not so bad that I can't live with it.

Good phone overall, I'll keep it until something new and more exciting comes out (I have an illness. I know.)

Kyler

kyleresq no está en línea Stack level 3
    In Dallas's defense, see the following from the TMobile website about the 8220, "SureType™ QWERTY KeyboardFamiliar layout lets you type messages easily without scrolling for the letter you want.

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Yes, I do have the problem with the zooming, but only on this site. Ice been tying to change the emulation but the best one I figured was blackberry emulation. I will tell you some disappointing things about it. First, it is probably the worst bb that RIM has done, by the fact that the OS isn't as stable as others and the physical design. Also, sorry for the delay in awnsering questions, ive been gone a while and OOS the whole time. Has anyone else had small lags, or Input System errors?

drepope100 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2576b7d1
    yeah, ive experienced small lag, but this will be fix with a simple os update. no system errors. and the build of the phone is unique to blackberry, and its first. in comparison to the bold, outside the resolution and processor, it is no difference. (i have both)
    L.T.P.F.J

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Sweet, so its like a miny bold!

play5556 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~yeah man good job on the review (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12