Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well, to start of this review, let me tell you that I am typing it ... Smartphone Reviews forum

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F

Review: BlackBerry Pearl 8220!

Advertisement

Well, to start of this review, let me tell you that I am typing it all from my new BlackBerry Pearl 8220! and that it is my first ever review, so I hope I meet everyones standards! There are so many improvements on this new phone and OS (OS 4.6) that I will miss them in this review or I don't even know about them.

The New Software Features: OS 4.6 is by far the best and shows how far BB has come in the smart phone business. The updates and new features include new improved user interfaces, such as the media player and the overall userface. You now have a WiFi enabled pearl, video recording is improved, an equalizer for your music, and playlist support. The new icons are very nice and sleek. You have more controls over your phone now than any other phone ever made. You can control how many icons are in a row like 4, 3, 2, and if you really want to, 1. There are two new base themes that are great IMHO. It also comes with tons of free games and for you very addicted brickbreakers, they updated BrickBreaker. The OS also gives the phone an amazing new screen resolution so your pics are as clear as you like them to be. All in all, this isn't a smart phone its a new computer for a great price. You also get the perfected 4.5 browser that even has some new improvements I haven't found. I can promise that this isn't even all I have found, there is even more!

New Hardware: So everyone can stay up with me, hardware is the outside. Just so I don't lose the technically challenged. The phone is very sleek and the large QWERTY keyboard makes it even easier to type although it keeps the 2 letters to key like a regular pearl which is known as suretype. You don't need the small headphone jacks anymore, any regular mp3 player headphones work just fine. The memory card slot is now on the outside to make it easier to put your memory card in. It can hold up to a 16 GB memory card and comes with a 250 MB when you buy it.

Cons: The cons of this new phone are very few. The most annoying is the fact that you know have a completley new USB jack. It uses the new mini USB slots. Since its new, there are no software applications and no cases for it. It will take some time for everything to come out. 3rd party applications will have to be redone and etc.

Overall it is an amazing phone and very well thought out by RIM. There are very few downfalls for this phone. It is a sign of how technologically advanced we are becoming and the potential this phone has. There isn't much you can't do with this phone when you figure it out!

P.S. ScreenShots coming soon (When I can find a way to take screenshots from 4.6 with the new jack)

Sorry for the pic quality. I had to do the best I could since I don't have a digital camera right now. I ended up using an old BB pearl.
    Last edited by dallas1125; 10-17-2008 at 01:07 AM.

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    great review, just a couple of corrections. it, in fact is not the first wifi enabled pearl. the 8120 was the first. also, the keyboard is a suretype keyboard, not a qwerty.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Ok, thanks for the clarification on it not being the first WiFi pearl! It actualy is both QWERTY and suretype I thought? Maybe I was wrong but I was under the impression that QWERTY can either be suretype (like this phone) or not be suretype (like the curve.) Sorry if I was wrong, ill fix that up right now!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    not qwerty on a suretype phone is T9

no worries tho...how is it for holding and typing? i know some of those flip phones are hard to hold and type at the same time.

i may go into a local tmo store just to check it out ...

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    No, this one is perfect. I that whole thing in less than 1 minute or two, saved it in Docs to Go then copy and pasted it right from the document to Pinstack, then added the pics. It still seems to lose data for small periods like my old pearl which annoys me, especially when I ttry to access the stacks. The keyboard without the screen is about the same size of the original pearls. Makes the buttons bigger and easier to push.

blknberry no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24ADD864
    For your first review, Bravojob well done
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Nice review. Congrats on your new phone

Lindararith no está en línea Stack level 3
    I went to a local T-Mobile store and checked it out. I didn't like the way it flip open. It looks ugly but with it close, it looks nice. And of course I like the new OS.

Good review by the way.

-- via 8320

ernsalas no está en línea Stack level 3
    Congrats on the new phone, I will be getting one too, would make a great halloween present (hope my better half reads this)

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Lol, thanks everyone. If you have any questions, ill do my best to answer them.

Frank613 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ABA63F
    I'm loving mine.I've had it since yesterday.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Since you have had your BlackBerry over a day, what's the battery life like for heavy data and phone usage? I send a lot of PINs and emails, make calls (my BlackBerry is my only phone right now), and surf 2 sites daily.

Frank613 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ABA63F
    Well I think the battery life is a lot better than my 8100 was charged it yesterday morning when I got it and its still going and ice been playing around with it since I got

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    It doesn't have the best battery life. By the end of the day its on the low battery. I surf sites and Use data but not a ton. I recommend having a spare battery or a car charger.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank613 View Post
    I'm loving mine.I've had it since yesterday.

Question........ do you have to keep zooming when you're on pinstack from your 8220 browser. I have to and it's driving me nuts.
    ]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast