I installed my new bestskinsever for my BB8900. http://www.bestskinsever.com and my reviews are positive ++++. ... Smartphone Reviews forum

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3

Review: Bestskinsever for BB8900

Advertisement

I installed my new bestskinsever for my BB8900.

http://www.bestskinsever.com

and my reviews are positive ++++. I love it.

Pros: cheap, only $8
    Lengthy process, but relatively easy to install.
    Gives the BB a nice tacky feel. doesn't feel like it will ever slip out of your hand.
    Surfaces are easier to keep clean.
    its Snug, but it still fits in the BB pouch with the skin.
    The screen cover is a separate piece so I was able to keep my privacy screen.
    If you get it all lined up right, the fit is spot on.

Cons:
    It would be nice to have duplicates or spares of the conner pieces because I would have liked a second chance to get them better lined up. (I don't think zagg or others do it so what does it matter?)
    The microfiber cleaning rag they give you is crap.
    It takes about 30 minutes to install the skins, but you need to return a few hours later to do some touch ups. And you need to return again about 6-8 hours later to smooth out the corners. You can't really use your phone during this time.

things I did the site didn't suggest.

1- I cleaned my BB with my own lint-free micro fibre rag.
    2- I used "invisible Glass" to get all finger prints and face grease off the mobile. This stuff is awesome. http://www.invisibleglass.com/
    3- I used compressed air to dry the mobile and clear any dust.
    4- I started the install late in the evening, did the touch ups before bed and again the AM. it was then ready the next day.
    5- I used dish soap, not baby soap.

if you start the install during the day when you need to use the phone you will ruin the skin.

Paul
    Last edited by paulypaul; 08-11-2009 at 04:36 PM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    great review!! did you notice that as you laid down the corner pieces they sorta fell into place?

i love this product. have it on every one of my bbs

yes, it did line up well. Any misalignments were purely the fault of the installer :|

and the corners wouldn't go down straight away, but as the water and soap evaporated the corners went down like glue.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    I love bse's too! I usually get them on the device without the corners down, go smoke a cig, and by the time I get back, they're tacky enough for the corners to stick.
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

FahCore no está en línea Stack level 2
    Has anyone tried Ghost Armor? There is a Kiosk in Gurnee Mills that does it for you to ensure its on correctly. But I don't know anyone who has had them do a phone yet
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I read several months ago from a user who removed one of the BSE and pulled the paint off of his/her berry. The skin sounds like a great idea but I've got one for my curve that's never been out of the package because of that thread. Anyone else ever had that problem?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I find it hard to believe, sounds like this person didn't follow the instructions. Perhaps used an extra adhesive to apply the skin rather than a diluted soapy water solution.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    I've heard of the bse's pulling off the chrome also. These people say that they followed the directions using baby shampoo. I've not had this issue, I've taken 2 bse's and an invisible shield off of 2 8900's.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.250 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100