Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Some do, some don't ventz. Kinda moot though, they're giving the option for both when ... Smartphone Reviews forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

Some do, some don't ventz. Kinda moot though, they're giving the option for both when the app is updated.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    That it doesn't start when you reboot the device irks me. :P
    Nice that it will be available as an option in new versions.

But it seems it leaks a lot. At Crackberry there are many reports about this. I was running out of memory a lot these last days and when the trial ended today I removed it and they were gone. Because of that I started to research if that was the cause and it seems so. My 8320 has not much free memory to spare.

When we tested I believe we checked. I can't say its eating memory. During the test I stayed well within what was normal on my device with normal usage. I've been watching it and can safely say that on MY 8900 there's no leak. Now the app store, that is insane. Load it and I can kiss 10mb goodbye. I dipped below 130 for the first time yesterday.

Angus_413 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    During testing this was about the only app I had, I removed everything to test the memory, and I can say I never saw anything more than a slight drop if any drop at all. When I put all my other apps back on with the weather app it droped more. So at least on my end its not eating much memory at all

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I have to agree with the others. My memory has barely changed at all. Certainly not enough to notice.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    no issues with memory since the beta testing for me
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

soljawitstripes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ;)
    This is a really good weather app. Overall, its the best weather app I have used for my curve. My trials over tommorrow and I really like the fact that its a one time fee and not a subscription! A well done application I think.

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by soljawitstripes View Post
    This is a really good weather app. Overall, its the best weather app I have used for my curve. My trials over tommorrow and I really like the fact that its a one time fee and not a subscription! A well done application I think.
    I agree--I evaluated for one day and was impressed enough to pull my wallet out......
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Just to chime in, I'm not aware of any memory problems with BW either.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ber...ml#post2161172

So we have some reference to what we're talking.

Reading your link, I'm left confused. Yes some are seeing a leak but they're not (seemingly) properly investigating. Now I didn't go back from the page you linked, but most of those posts correspond with the release of the app store WHICH KILLS my memory. Matter of fact it ate over 10mb day one.

Now again, they don't report proper investigation, but they could still be trying to narrow it down by removing or eliminating likely suspects.

I'll say it again, beta tested this from (late) day one. Only once did I suspect a leaks, and upon watching just this app, was able to eliminate it as the culprit. Just as I have with App World to confirm it IS my issue.

In any event, if it is causing leaks on some devices I'd wager that Bellshare will address it in an update. They've proven to be reliable and timely, and I honestly trust that they will address those users issues.

Keep in mind I'm making an observation and giving my opinion. I reserve the right to be wrong

Well, I don't use app store and I saw two things while running this application. A little bit general slowness compared to not running it and the drop of free memory. And I'm asking about this to see if it's something general or just related to a few of us. I think they will fix it for sure in next versions as they seem efficient.

The application is nice but as someone said, bbWeather already provides the same level of information without all the eye candy. I don't know if I will buy it as I'm using already too much memory and this app is quite big (not taking into account the possible leaks).

May want to see what pfluger has to say about it, as well wait for the update.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by DonGato View Post
    Well, I don't use app store and I saw two things while running this application. A little bit general slowness compared to not running it and the drop of free memory. And I'm asking about this to see if it's something general or just related to a few of us. I think they will fix it for sure in next versions as they seem efficient.

The application is nice but as someone said, bbWeather already provides the same level of information without all the eye candy. I don't know if I will buy it as I'm using already too much memory and this app is quite big (not taking into account the possible leaks).
    I am in the same position as you-but am afraid I have a very different opinion. I too was a part of the beta testing and while some of the beta versions were a bit memory intensive, none of the final versions even pre-release were memory hogs! I currently use 2 BB, an 8120 for business and an 8320 for personal. Did my testing on both and found as many others have said to be minimal and within acceptable amounts for this app. I too won a copy and purchased one-still think it is the best app out there for weather no matter what some yahoos @ cb think...

Just my 2 cts

Hope this helps .....

Thbassman

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Okay, been using it since Sunday, and now I want to add some more information.

First of all, the weather is really really accurate. This leaves me in shock, because just about every other app does some rough estimation, where uppon the current weather, they change the weather prediction for the rest of the week. Weather.com tends to be the worst in my oppinion, and accutweather one of the best. BerryWeather simply nails it. The weather advisories are great.

I love the fine grained control over the updates. Especially that you can separate the app (weather) updates and the advisory (i was confused at first about what the difference was )

At last, as my original comment, I LOVE LOVE the temperature+weather on the home icon!

Great job guys!

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast