Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by catstide another request...when you get an advisory it would be nice to ... Smartphone Reviews forum

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    another request...when you get an advisory it would be nice to be able to click the red banner rather than having to click the options,then show advisories
    so here's my question for u... why werent you part of the beta?

ive been reading through this thread, and you've got some pretty good ideas...

coulda used your input out there...
    i see RED...

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    so here's my question for u... why werent you part of the beta?

ive been reading through this thread, and you've got some pretty good ideas...

coulda used your input out there...
    eh eh eh ...you guys were doing a great job!
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    I got mine but my activation code is still not working I've already emailed to bellshare support and no answer yet
    Ill keep you up to date
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    I just got the new codE is working now, I'm more than satisfied.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I also purchased this. I absolutely love this app, and specifically because of a few very unique features. However, I do also agree that $20 is too much -- good thing I got 20% off on handango.

Now, that said, I love the fact that it will show the temperature+weather on the home screen. I use the equivalent of a 'today plus' theme on my 8900, and this is great b.c I have the icon listen on the bottom of the front page (where you see emails + calendar events). Now, I can easily see the weather instantly without launching the app. This given, it also let's you update every 30 minutes automatically. The last part, I like that it gives you the option to view a few different weather "views". I really like the current+hourly (and love that compact option).

It's quick and clean, and very accurate I would say. I bought it just about 5-6 hours after I tried it out.

That said, charging $20 is completely unreasonable in my opinion. I think that an app like this should never cost more than $10. Only reason I bought it was because of the coupon I found that knocked out $5 -- thus getting it for $15 (which is still too much).

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    How can you say $20 is too much when this app requires the developer to pay for server usage to constantly push updates to your device? It's different if you are buying something like a game, but this requires constant support on the developers end for every user. Not at all unreasonable IMO. Plus they will continue to improve the app over time.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by riffman View Post
    I do have a couple "cons" if you will- I don't know if my issues are unique, but here goes- when I save a setting such as "updates- every 60 minutes"- it never saves it. If I look later, the app will indicate "updated 5 hours ago" and I will go back into settings, and it will say "updates- never". The other issue is when I force an "update all", it gets hung, and I have been able to get it to finish updating only one way: change the transport to say, "direct tcp/ip", save it, then change it back to "bis", and it will complete updating. Other than that, I love this app.....Chris

Chris I have the final version(1.0.12) and did the beta testing. This is the best weather app I have ever used and even paid the half price deal for a few copies after winning mine! It's awesome! Any Q's let us know.

thbassman
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

pfluger no está en línea Developer
    We would certainly love to offer BerryWeather for a lower price. Please remember though that this is no subcription. As azstar already mentioned the one time fee covers all future server usage and more importantly the licensing fees for the high quality weather data.

You will quickly notice that weather data provided by low cost or free apps usually is of low quality and only offered for fewer locations!
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com
    Follow us on Twitter for updates, news and promotions @bellshare

tellsells no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by pfluger View Post
    We would certainly love to offer BerryWeather for a lower price. Please remember though that this is no subcription. As azstar already mentioned the one time fee covers all future server usage and more importantly the licensing fees for the high quality weather data.

You will quickly notice that weather data provided by low cost or free apps usually is of low quality and only offered for fewer locations!
    Great weather app. One question:
    I have multiple cities and I have an alert in a city that is not a home location. However I get the exclamation mark on my home screen icon. Is this suppossed to be this way?

Angus_413 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by tellsells View Post
    I have multiple cities and I have an alert in a city that is not a home location. However I get the exclamation mark on my home screen icon. Is this suppossed to be this way?
    Yes, as long as you have an advisory at any location you will see that exclamtion mark on the home screen icon.

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by tellsells View Post

This is one of the suggestions that was requested to be an option on a future update. Whether they do so or not is up to Pfluger.
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

My TORCH Rocks!

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion. You don't want to pay for the app, that's your perrogative. There are obviously those of us who love this application and are willing to spend the money on it. If you have something of real value to contribute to this thread other than these types of remarks, then by all means stick around. Otherwise, you've made your opinion known, so I'd suggest you move along.

Easy there tiger, I Mean Rog!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

My TORCH Rocks!

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by fpetrie View Post
    I believe you get what you pay for. The Weather Channel subscription is the best overall application with the most informative maps the only one I would pay for. Other than that I would just compromise and use any free online weather service you like
    But your paying a subscription for that app. Yes.. This app is still new and there are things on the todo list but one flat charge for an app that will only grow and cover as much as or more than a subscription is not unreasonable.
    Just an update. I just looked at weather channel and its not available for my carrier. I sed weatherbug but wouldn't pay the $3 a month for alerts. That's $36 a year for that feature. And this app is a flat $20. Sounds like the better deal to me. ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by Morgase; 03-30-2009 at 01:33 AM.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've installed, and it looked nice to to purchase (so I did). I'm hoping it continues to be polished up a bit, though. On my 8900, if I move the track ball left/right, the display jitters side to side -- very shaky looking. Great looking if I don't touch the ball, but that shouldn't be. Overall, it looks like the weather app I've been looking for. Just would be nice if it still were tightened up a bit more...

pfluger no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by vinmontRD View Post
    I've installed, and it looked nice to to purchase (so I did). I'm hoping it continues to be polished up a bit, though. On my 8900, if I move the track ball left/right, the display jitters side to side -- very shaky looking. Great looking if I don't touch the ball, but that shouldn't be. Overall, it looks like the weather app I've been looking for. Just would be nice if it still were tightened up a bit more...
    What do you mean by 'shaky looking'. Does this happen while scrolling through locations or only at the 'edges'. When trying to scroll past the first or last location there is an intended shaking animation.
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com
    Follow us on Twitter for updates, news and promotions @bellshare

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Wow, who knew paying $20 for a weather app that gives you multiple locations, alerts with berrybuzz, customized homescreen icon, slick presentation, impressive developer support, weather alerts for home or all locations, and no subscription would be over the top? I mean what the heck is Bellshare thinking?
    Next time just GIVE it to me. I want a house and car to go with it. Maybe a nice umbrella too. Never mind the cost to you, for servers and fees. I WANT IT ALL!!!

Seriously, seems like some folks can't see beyond the fee. Skip over to the beta thread and read it from page 1 through. If you can't come away with an understanding as to why a one time charge of $20 is reasonable, then you honestly deserve to pay more in monthly subs, or receive far less for free.

And lastly, to the cat who mentioned going outside.
    You go out side, I'll tell you the city I live in. If you can simply go outside and tell me what the daily, hourly forecast, plus current temp (yeah including "feels like"), just by standing there (I'll allow you to lick your finger and poke it in the air) then you win. You can gimme your city and I'll sit on my butt and be happy to use this app to provide you with the same.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast