Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 LastLast

Best thing about Bellshare. They listen, and when they can, implement the changes. ~via smartphone ... Smartphone Reviews forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

Best thing about Bellshare. They listen, and when they can, implement the changes.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Yea, I think that's a very big thing.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by ventz View Post
    Yea, I think that's a very big thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Best thing about Bellshare. They listen, and when they can, implement the changes.
    It's huge and is a testimony the their commitment to their products AND their users!

We need some more of this type service and commitment in all businesses. Too many businesses are interested in a sale today - "hang" the future AND customer service IMO.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Amen brotha jb. Amen

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata
    I've been using this app for a little over a week now and I have a couple issues with it.

1. The most important issue I have is that the alerts are not accurate for my area. The alerts do not say what the source of the alerts (what weather service?)is and don't specify the counties included in the advisory for my area. Example: Yesterday and today there is a weather advisory showing for my city but neither our local news, my weather channel desktop (pc) or any other weather source in my area lists an advisory being active. Late last evening I did however see one on TV for a couple counties along the nothern border of my state, which is a minimum of 40 miles away. This issue alone will make me go back to WB Direct if it is not corrected.

2. Upon device reset the application changes my background image, it's not resetting to default, it's changing the wallpaper to a different wallpaper on my SD card. I'm using the "simple dark" theme.

I'm running a Sprint 8330 running 4.5.0.97.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

Peg,

Make sure you have the latest BerryWeather release (1.0.31, I think) to see if that helps. Maybe shoot a message to BerryWeather to see if they can tell you what service they use for your area. They have been very responsive to user issues. The alerts surely come from that service and that may be the accuracy problem.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    A Colata
    I'm using v1.0.12. I just redownloaded yesterday and it's still .12. Is there a link to a newer version? This version is the one upon official release last weekend.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

Peg, The release I stated is the latest "full beta" but I'm using it - you can get it here and see if it helps you. I still think you might send them an email about the service they use for your area. Post back if this is any improvement. (What's your area? - haven't looked to see if it's in your profile.)

PIN/ID
    A Colata
    jb, thank you for the great info. I'm gonna go down I'll post back after install. We are currently under a flood warning that is not showing in advisories so we'll see shortly.

Thanks again.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

PIN/ID
    A Colata
    Nope the alerts are still off. I'm gonna move to the beta thread. Thanks again JB.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I believe that pfluger once said that the alerts were generated by the National Weather Service but I could be mistaken.

The issue you have with the wallpaper could be a fluke but make sure when you change the wallpaper to do a proper exit of the app through the menu to save it. If you just back out of the app it won't.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

junoreactor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2486B0D9
    Quote Originally Posted by tellsells View Post
    Some of the "free" weather apps are memory "hogs".
    How is this app on memory?
    First, I love this program. However, I am not happy that it eats up all my memory! I can only have this application open for a little while before it crashed my 8310. I've done my investigation and concluded that it was this software that was eating up my memory within minutes of being open. I am forced to open it and close it ASAP when I want to use it. A true bummer, but I have hope that it will get fixed in a future revision. Anyone else having this problem?

pfluger no está en línea Developer
    Did you download the latest update 1.0.34? This should have the memory leak fixed.
    You can get it at http://m.bellshare.com/berryweather
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com
    Follow us on Twitter for updates, news and promotions @bellshare

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by junoreactor View Post
    First, I love this program. However, I am not happy that it eats up all my memory! I can only have this application open for a little while before it crashed my 8310. I've done my investigation and concluded that it was this software that was eating up my memory within minutes of being open. I am forced to open it and close it ASAP when I want to use it. A true bummer, but I have hope that it will get fixed in a future revision. Anyone else having this problem?
    I've been using this great program for almost 2 weeks now. No problems and fantastic support. To minimize the impact on my BB, I only update my weather at the maximum delay times. Then if I need a more current report, I will do an Update All.

Essentially, there are 2 weather apps available for the BB---
    BerryWeather and everything else.

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well, I think that rebooting the unit or doing less updates to fix memory issues aren't proper procedures. Try the last version and see if it's fixed. I can't tell you as my trial ended and I still think 10 dollars is too much for just weather updates when you have other applications with the same data for free. In any case, if it doesn't work report it to the developers. They are responsive to the community.