Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415 LastLast

im sure it will be available through mobihand later. probably just hit the app world ... Smartphone Reviews forum

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?

Advertisement

im sure it will be available through mobihand later. probably just hit the app world first.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    thats just lame... if appworld is the only place i can upgrade this from... i CANT upgrade...

apparently appworld is currently only for the US and Canada... and therefore, guess what, yup, im excluded... !!!
    Shaking my fist even harder.

Headed to Germany.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    <Shaking fist> pflguer....better say it aint so.....I HATE app world. Friggin kidding me.

Please include a check for updates in future releases.
    you read my mind Jay... that would be a very very good option...
    i see RED...

I'm not kidding. Got heartburn the minute I installed app world.

Be interesting to hear why Bellshare went this route. Cat may be right though, mobihand carries it too. Has anyone checked there yet?

Nevermind. Just did. Its still the (now) old version.
    Last edited by jfcooley; 04-05-2009 at 01:18 AM.

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    I'm not kidding. Got heartburn the minute I installed app world.

Be interesting to hear why Bellshare went this route. Cat may be right though, mobihand carries it too. Has anyone checked there yet?
    Checked there--no joy--only 1.0.12 available there.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i have no way to dl over app world, it keeps saying that stupic "internet cnection problem, bla bla bla"
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

I had a bright idea (a first btw), check the "invite a friend" thing on the menu. Of course the link goes to.......012

Grrrrr. Cat is right, it'll be elsewhere shortly. Sucks that red has to wait.
    I'm still curious though. Either it just went up, or some kinda deal was cut. Would think Bellshare would have it on their site before app world.

pfluger no está en línea Developer
    To clear things up a bit. We had submitted BerryWeather to the BlackBerry App World. Unfortunately RIM does not like having apps with the word 'Berry' in it... So we decided to create a separate version called BeWeather. While we were at it we included some of the fixes that were already implemented at that time. Hence the higher version.

We will always release outside App World, too. At this point the App World is not our main source of distribution. It was just a coincident that the App World got the later version ;-) We will release same versions at all places in the future.

We just released a public beta of the full maintenance release. See http://forums.pinstack.com/f10/public_beta_berryweather_1_0_31_maintenance-105865/
    This one will have a few more fixes than the release at App World. And if you prefer the name BerryWeather make sure you upgrade
    Last edited by pfluger; 04-05-2009 at 01:33 AM.
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com
    Follow us on Twitter for updates, news and promotions @bellshare

I'm sorry I doubted you. I promise I won't come to germany now, and will no longer shake my fist in anger.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by pfluger View Post
    To clear things up a bit. We had submitted BerryWeather to the BlackBerry App World. Unfortunately RIM does not like having apps with the word 'Berry' in it... So we decided to create a separate version called BeWeather. While we were at it we included some of the fixes that were already implemented at that time. Hence the higher version.

We will always release outside App World, too. At this point the App World is not our main source of distribution. It was just a coincident that the App World got the later version ;-) We will release same versions at all places in the future.

We just released a public beta of the full maintenance release. See http://forums.pinstack.com/showthread.php?t=105865
    This one will have a few more fixes than the release at App World. And if you prefer the name BerryWeather make sure you upgrade
    Thanks for the update.

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Whew.. thanks for the update and clarification on that. I deleted App World on my phone too.

BeWeather..It just doesn't have the same ringtone in my ears.

I also like the idea of a way to be informed of new updates. I'm like an hour behind everyone else.. *pout*

Autostart is cool. I've been defending this app all over the place. Even posted a tiny review on mobihand.

A few of my friends have been checking it out.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Sorry BestWitted. I faded out after my previous comment. I DID get BeWeather via App World. What I was trying to explain is that it didn't require me to RE-download App World too in order to get the latest (new) release of BeWether.

I'm going to get the new full beta now and keep testing. Sorry for leaving you hanging.

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Sorry BestWitted. I faded out after my previous comment. I DID get BeWeather via App World. What I was trying to explain is that it didn't require me to RE-download App World too in order to get the latest (new) release of BeWether.

I'm going to get the new full beta now and keep testing. Sorry for leaving you hanging.
    No problem jb--I was fading pretty quickly after a long day and am just now reading the replies. I like the ability to download w/o AppWorld & prefer the name BerryWeather. I really like the responsiveness of the developers for this App. Hi-5 to them.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by BestWitted View Post
    No problem jb--I was fading pretty quickly after a long day and am just now reading the replies. I like the ability to download w/o AppWorld & prefer the name BerryWeather. I really like the responsiveness of the developers for this App. Hi-5 to them.
    I agree with you on all points. At this point App World is just a convenience and/or experiment for me. I don't know that I'll keep it around - ...to be continued.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Some do, some don't ventz. Kinda moot though, they're giving the option for both when the app is updated.
    Yea seeing that through out the thread. I guess you guys had the best solution -- add it as an option The more I am using this app the more I am liking it. Also, major kudos on cutting the price to $10. At $10 I wouldn't think twice after seeing the features. It has quickly become my favorite BB tool. (well maybe on the same level with empowered pro ... because without that one I would not be able to read my 400+ emails a day)

jblackfish -- completely agree. App World is a "oohh, ahh" thing at the moment. I like the idea of all the apps in one place, but I am not very impressed with it. I think "BerryWeather" is a great name. I almost can't believe that RIM would limit the names of applications.
    Last edited by ventz; 04-05-2009 at 03:04 PM.