Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 ... LastLast

I have not seen a huge drop in memory on my Bold at all. I ... Smartphone Reviews forum

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Advertisement

I have not seen a huge drop in memory on my Bold at all. I believe we had a good amount of the Bb models covered when we were testing this and I really don't think that this is a major cause of memory leak at all.

App world, however, IS going bye bye on my phone.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    App world was deleted this morning, and I've been watching free mem during regular usage this morning. Well within norm of 2-4 mb fluctuation.
    Just to put this to bed (on the 8900 anyway) I'm running nothing in the bg but the norm and weather. I'm @ 141.53 now.
    Updating weather every hour. I go to work @ 3:45. I'll report mem then. In the meanwhile I'll continue normal browsing etc. Won't do ant pulls unless thing locks up for some strange reason.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well, I can't test it again as the trial ended. It would be good to see what other people having this problem have to say but I didn't see any reports of such issue here, only in Crackberry.

It could be device specific, however we tested on a good cross section of devices.

Like I said before, I'm left wondering since the reports over there are a bit vague. I'm not willing to say they're false, since I'm sure the users are experienced enough to investigate. That being said I'd like to hear what else is running, update intervals, starting mem, device, etc.

Also, as stated, those that I read correspond to app world, which has been reported (and I've observed) as hogging memory.

Don, if you have the time and haven't already, browse our beta thread if you want more info on our testing.

I preach the gospel of this app because I once believed there was no way I'd pay for weather. Honestly all the free apps had features I liked, but none had all I wanted. I feel this does, and a little more. Yes, I got one free, but willingly paid for another. Even after the drop I didn't feel cheated, and recommend this app to anyone.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I just DL app world a could of days ago to try Shazam. Is app world causing a memory drain - doesn't seem like an ap that would cause a problem.

I have a drain that goes from my max, about 15.5mb, to around 7mb over a couple of days but I have so many (new to me) aps on my BB (BerryWeather, Twitterberry, Tiny Twitter, Bolt, Facebook, and on and on) it's difficult to tell which one(s) are causing the problem and I don't have the forever that it would take to try to figure it out.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Well jb, I've been running all morning and posting etc, memory is at 141.61 MB. Actually went up a tad.

With app world installed I dipped into the 120's. That's a big difference.

Its been 2 hours, about 4 since my morning reboot. I'm willing to point the finger @ app world.

Just forced an update with berryweather, alerts for all locations (3). 141.60 MB. So used .01.
    I honestly feel that BerryWeather has no leak (or if you want to be picky, a very very small one) on my 8900.

Apps running in bg, usual (browser, call, bbm, messenger) and message peek
    Last edited by jfcooley; 04-04-2009 at 12:32 PM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Well, I didn't notice any leak with BerryWeather either. I'll watch my memory more carefully today and, if it drops, I might dump the BB App World to see if it helps.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Its been 2 hours, about 4 since my morning reboot.
    Do you reboot your device like that? O_o
    Why you do that?
    I try not to reboot it unless I'm asked to by an application. ANd most of the times I try to delay even those.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by DonGato View Post
    Do you reboot your device like that? O_o
    Why you do that?
    I try not to reboot it unless I'm asked to by an application. ANd most of the times I try to delay even those.
    i use quickpull to restart mine automatically about an hour before i get up each morning. it is not necessary but it does keep your berry running cleaner and better. think of it like rebooting your pc. it's a good idea to do it every so often to keep it running smoothly.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

I reboot every morning. Habit I got into when I had my 8310. Batt pull a day and all. Old habits die hard.
    I'm extremely anal about memory. Really don't need to be with this device, but its hard to break the habit.

Rebooting frees up any mem that was leaked. I clear logs every week, clear texts/emails the same.

I do not clear anything so that might lead to the difference in experiences. :P

It could. Quite possibly could. Its usually recommended to do a pull once a day or two. Gf pulls batt on her 8310 a day as well.
    Things don't always free memory. Doing this also helps me see what is pulling and keeping mem.

I'd recommend getting quickpull for the scheduling.

tellsells no está en línea Stack level 2
    New version 1.022 is available only at BB AppWorld. I downloade trial version and it recognized that I previously purchased it. It is now called BeWeather (instead of BerryWeather). Only difference is option to open during re-boot and time problem fixed on full today view.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by tellsells View Post
    New version 1.022 is available only at BB AppWorld. I downloade trial version and it recognized that I previously purchased it. It is now called BeWeather (instead of BerryWeather). Only difference is option to open during re-boot and time problem fixed on full today view.
    sounds like a conspiracy
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by tellsells View Post
    Just checked and BerryWeather is still version 1.0.12.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 ... LastLast