Page 1 of 15 123456 ... LastLast

COST: $9.95 Free 3 Day trial REVIEW: This app was just Beta tested here on ... Smartphone Reviews forum

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Thumbs up REVIEW: BerryWeather/BeWeather

Advertisement

COST: $9.95
    Free 3 Day trial

REVIEW: This app was just Beta tested here on PinStack and because of the hard work of stackers and developers I believe this is one of the best weather apps I have ever used. You are able to do things such as store 10 different locations at once and go through them using your trackball to scroll to each one. It has current conditions as well as 7 day forecast and many other options. You can also set severe alerts for your home location only or receive them for all locations. I myself think it is awesome and as a hardcore user of weatherbugdirect I can say I will be switching for good to this app.

PROS: Up to date and timely weather info in a clean and smooth layout.

CONS: None that I have found yet.

VERDICT: This is a GREAT weather app and can be very useful. A Lot of time was put in by the developer who took advice from all beta testers and made this a must have app.

DESCRIPTION: BerryWeather is a visually stunning weather application for your BlackBerry smartphone.

Get instant access to current conditions plus detailed 7-day and 24-hour forecasts for over 72.000 locations worldwide. Get weather advisories and alerts for any location within the U.S.

Keep up to 10 locations at the same time and switch between them with a flick of the trackball.

Features:
    • NO SUBSCRIPTION!
    • Current conditions including "Feels like" temperature, wind, pressure, dew point, humidity.
    • 7-day forecast with high/low temperature and precipitation probability
    • 24-hour forecast with temperature, precipitation probability, wind and humidity
    • Easily switch between 7 different views (Today, Today with Daily Forecast, Today with Hourly Forecast, Full Daily Forecast, Full Hourly Forecast, Compact Daily Forecast, Compact Hourly Forecast)
    • Weather advisory notifications, SUPPORT FOR CUSTOM LED COLORS VIA BERRYBUZZ
    • Customizable homescreen icon with fully customizable temperature and weather advisory badge
    • Support for different themes (Widgets, Simple and Simple Dark)
    • Customizable background wallpaper
    • Customizable font size
    • Smooth animations
    Minimum Requirements:
    • For Storm
    BlackBerry OS 4.7
    • For for All Devices
    BlackBerry OS 4.2.1
    • For for BlackBerry Storm
    • BlackBerry OS 4.2.1

For Storm
    Display Dimensions
    240 x 160, 240 x 240, 240 x 260, 240 x 320, 320 x 240, 480 x 320, 480 x 360
    Operating System

For for All Devices
    Display Dimensions
    160 x 160, 240 x 160, 240 x 240, 240 x 260, 240 x 320, 320 x 240, 480 x 320, 480 x 360
    Operating System
    4.2, 4.3, 4.5, 4.6

For for BlackBerry Storm
    Display Dimensions
    480 x 360
    Operating System
    Description taken from Mobihand.com

OVERALL RATING: 10

Also check out there other great apps here. ( instango and BerryBuzz)

Check out the Beta Test thread here. Yes I received a free copy for my part in the test but would have paid the 19.95 regardless after seeing the hard work put into this app for users.
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 04-04-2009 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Update on price.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    no better way to say what is this application, the best one i have seen, a must have!!!
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

coverdac no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2158058d
    Let me get this correct, your going to pay for this program when can get this info for free? I beta tested this program and its pretty but its just the weather. If you have 20 to spend on something you can simply get for free is insane. And the real time was off by 2hrs even with the program set to update every 30mins. Weathereye wins by a long shot.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by coverdac View Post
    Let me get this correct, your going to pay for this program when can get this info for free? I beta tested this program and its pretty but its just the weather. If you have 20 to spend on something you can simply get for free is insane. And the real time was off by 2hrs even with the program set to update every 30mins. Weathereye wins by a long shot.
    thats your point and is valid, just give a try to final release and you will see.
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by coverdac View Post
    Did you follow the beta thread all the way through? Updates are almost instant on my device. Also I use other weather apps as well and Weathereye has a very poor choice of locations unless you live in a larger city. My location as well as many other users aren't supported and we can't use it for that reason.
    As far as a paid app the weather channel has one that is so much money every 3 months where as this is a one time price for a much better set up. IMO no app should be free because it takes a lot of time and work to make them as good as a lot of them are. Don't get me wrong I use free apps daily but until following this Beta I didn't realize how much hard work goes into them.

Also as far as free apps I would recommend weatherbug direct rather than weather eye because of its Alerts and coverage of more locations by far. Thanks for sharing your opinion that's what reviews are for.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I had been using "weather" a free app I got from www.midlets.eu... This was in my opinion the best free weather app because it actually had locations in Pakistan... And the GUI was amazing...

Then I got on the beta test panel for BerryWeather... Literally all of our suggestions were heard and implemented.

It was also mentioned that a later release will most likely add radar features...

In my opinion, if I was in TX right now, I would definitely have paid for this app...

coverdac no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2158058d
    Use what works for ya, I mean to harsh words but the weather man on tv gets the weather right about 60% of the time and he gets paid way to much. Have a great weekend!

BradBlick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    made my purchase! thanks for the great weather!
    «BlackBerry: Storm 9530»

couchpotato no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    294AB7EF
    I just DL a trial version, reminds me of weather on iphone. BTW on mobihand there is a screenshot of wallpaper, are they included ? for 20.00 they should be, also I couldn't access my wallpapers on bb or card, big run around through folder after folder, but will not access my wallpapers.
    Last edited by couchpotato; 03-28-2009 at 09:14 AM.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Wallpapers rent included.
    As for paying $20 for an app that has info you could get for free-well maybe.

I'm not a fan of paying hard earned cash for an app, but there are exceptions. This is one.
    Yes the weatherman/woman can supply the info for free but tell me this:
    Are they available 24/7 where ever you and your blackberry are? (Even out of signal are, given once updated the info is on your phone)
    Weatherbug direct requires a connection to get forecast whenever you want it.
    Bbweather is nice, but honestly was way off, and (as I used it) had no alerts.
    Weathereye, well if you live in a major city or close you're good. What about the rest of us? I don't want 3 apps on my berry to do what one thing can, free or not.

Add to the mix custom LED (with berrybuzz) which is nice, ability to get one or all alerts and an easy to understand interface, $20 starts to sound reasonable.

No subscription. For those that have paid for MyCast or the paid weatherbug, how long until you've spent enough to pay for this, and then some?

Lastly, the argument about wallpaper:you want free paper when you can either dl any image and apply (size permitting) or make your own. Why would this be a must @ this price point?

Bellshare has given berry users a slick, very useful weather app. They've taken the subscription out, even though its their servers relaying info. For all that I think $20 is reasonable, and I'm a cheap bastard.

cmcooley no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    None
    I will second that but I do have to agree that this is a fantastic app and I'm slowly changing my mind about getting it. I would definately pay the $20 for it because after a month itd be worth it. Not everything has to have a huge pricetag to be a really good app etc.this is one app I'd recommend to any and all bb users.thanks for such an awesome app.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by couchpotato View Post
    I just DL a trial version, reminds me of weather on iphone. BTW on mobihand there is a screenshot of wallpaper, are they included ? for 20.00 they should be, also I couldn't access my wallpapers on bb or card, big run around through folder after folder, but will not access my wallpapers.
    Are you able to access your memory card at all? can you see the folder but not open it? When you go to Select Background Image, keep clicking on the folder with the up arrow untill you see the SD Card folder then click on SD Card/BlackBerry/pictures or wherever your wallpapers are.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    nice review. 20 bucks is not too much for a nice app. i hate the monthly fees on an app and i doubt i will ever purchase an app with reoccurring fees. i think they should increase the trial period to at least 7 days. most of the time 3 days is not sufficient time to fall in love with an app.

for storm users this might not be an option as weatherbug is free for storm users and offers more than this app(at least from what i can tell).the one plus that i see for this app over the weatherbug is the nice clean customizable UI. the weatherbug has a great UI but it is not customizable...but weatherbug has said that they are looking at adding custom themes for a future update.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

miberry no está en línea Stack level 2
    Indeed a nice app. Buzzed
    And god creates the BlackBerry.

Simply revolutionize

http://mindberry.net

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/luongdat

riffman no está en línea Stack Professional

Berryweather

I do have a couple "cons" if you will- I don't know if my issues are unique, but here goes- when I save a setting such as "updates- every 60 minutes"- it never saves it. If I look later, the app will indicate "updated 5 hours ago" and I will go back into settings, and it will say "updates- never". The other issue is when I force an "update all", it gets hung, and I have been able to get it to finish updating only one way: change the transport to say, "direct tcp/ip", save it, then change it back to "bis", and it will complete updating. Other than that, I love this app.....Chris
    Samsung Vibrant, OS2.1
    " I do many things well- none of which generate income"
    - riffman

Page 1 of 15 123456 ... LastLast