Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

COST: $6.95 Free 7 Day Trial REVIEW: After a fun and sometimes aggravating week in ... Smartphone Reviews forum

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Thumbs up Review: BerryPopup from Bellshare

Advertisement

COST: $6.95
    Free 7 Day Trial

REVIEW: After a fun and sometimes aggravating week in Beta Testing by the members of the Pinstack community, this great application is being released by Bellshare. It allows you to view your incoming email and sms messages in a Customized preview pane. You can also Reply To, Forward and Delete your email messages without going into your inbox. SMS messages can be replied to from the Popup window as well. This application works well with BerryBuzz and the soon to be released SmartAlerts from BellShare. There are even rumors of a possible link with BerryWeather *fingers crossed*.

PROS: You don't have to leave your application to see who sent you an email/sms or the contents of it. Reply directly from the popup window. Decide which email account will get popups. Choose to get popups even when your phone is locked. Works with the BerryBuzz. Popups work with your Contacts and will post information and photo of your contact in your popup window.

CONS: Due to RIM OS, sms messages cannot be opened from the popup window

VERDICT: This is a very nice looking application that makes prioritizing your email and sms messages easier. After working with this developer, many of your fellow Stackers have come to believe that Bellshare values the opinions of the people that use their applications. They have every intention of attempting to make their applications work in conjuction with each other where it applies.

DESCRIPTION: The essential message preview tool for every BlackBerry.

BerryPopup is the easiest way to preview incoming e-mail and SMS messages the moment they arrive. See what is happening without switching away from what you are currently doing.

BerryPopup will show a preview of your incoming e-mail and SMS messages in any application.

Reply, forward, mark as read or delete messages right from the preview window without having to switch to the messaging application.

Features:
    • - Preview incoming e-mails/alerts
    • - Open inbox, reply, forward, mark as read and delete e-mails right from the popup
    • - Open inbox, reply and forward SMS right from the popup
    • - Disable popups until backlight dims or for a certain time right from the popup
    • - Customize order of messages (Oldest first, Newest first)
    • - Only show popups for messages from contacts you have in your phonebook
    • - Customize positioning of the popup ("System Default", "Bottom of screen" or "Stretch to the borders of the screen")
    • - Customize position of the button bar (left, right, top, bottom)
    • - Automatically turn on backlight when a message comes in
    • - Auto-dismiss popup after specified time
    • - Disable popups while in the messaging application
    • - Disable while device is locked so you will not be flooded with popups after unlocking
    • - Disable popups while backlight is on
    • - Show contact photo and customize its size
    • - Customize font sizes
    • - Integrates with SmartAlerts (coming May 2009) for absolute control which messages trigger popups and which don't

Minimum Requirements:
    • BlackBerry OS 4.2.1 or higher

Display Dimensions
    160 x 160, 240 x 160, 240 x 240, 240 x 260, 240 x 320, 320 x 240, 480 x 320, 480 x 360
    Operating System
    4.2, 4.3, 4.5, 4.6

Description taken from mobihand

OVERALL RATING: 10

Also check out there other great apps here. (instango, BerryBuzz, and BerryWeather)

Check out the Beta Test thread Here

I did receive my copy of BerryPopup for free but I was fully prepared to pay the $6.95 for the application. I have used other apps before and I like how I can customize the preview window and how it works with the other Bellshare applications that I have installed.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Very nice review. I didn't get to test it as much as I wanted to because of work but based on your review I will be paying for this app.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Great review morgase, and great app Bellshare, it was funny testing this app, if someone is concerned about, is OS 5.0.0.90 friendly, was tested in bold and 8900 devices running that un official OS.
    Deff worth the price
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jrhorner71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    @5K
    Very well done. Thanks Morgase and Moderncowboy.

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Very good guys.....thanks!!
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Good job. Excellent.

tellsells no está en línea Stack level 2
    Message Peek has been out for over a month and it works great. Any reason why you would change from Message Peek to this app? The only difference I see (other than appearance) is that Message Peek will allow you to go to a "link" from the preview box and BerryPop does not.
    A side by side review would be great.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I changed. I'd explain more but @ work. If you're still interested post again tomorrow and I'll let you know.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhorner71 View Post
    Very well done. Thanks Morgase and Moderncowboy.
    No need to thank me..this was all Morgase.

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by tellsells View Post
    Message Peek has been out for over a month and it works great. Any reason why you would change from Message Peek to this app? The only difference I see (other than appearance) is that Message Peek will allow you to go to a "link" from the preview box and BerryPop does not.
    A side by side review would be great.

I actually switched from PeekAWHo. I like the fact that I can customize my popup window and it looks..cleaner. Besides that I am using BerryBuzz and it integrates nicely with it. As soon as SmartAlerts comes out, I'll have full function over my email and sms. Some messages are more important than others and being able to prioritize those mesages will be a great help.

Maybe you can write up a review on Message Peek. I haven't used it or I might have. Maybe being able to use a link from a popup would be a good suggestion for you to post in the beta thread.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Nice review morgase. Felt weird not being a part of the beta testing crew this time....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Blackberryfreek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Good job on the review Morgase.

tellsells no está en línea Stack level 2
    Please don't get me wrong. I think BerryPopup looks great and the interface with the other apps is a plus.
    I was just asking if anyone could compare it to Message Peek, as MP works flawlessly. I used Peekawho and it slowed down my phone when receiving multiple e-mails.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    ^^Why i did not reload that app on my phone even though i had a free copy. Peekawho made it drag way too much.

Great review Morg!

I wanted to do this, but you did an awesome job. . . maybe next time!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Great review Morgase!! I've been sold on this app since the beta... Aerize Alerts was deleted soon thereafter. Thanks Bellshare for another solid app to add to my BlackBerry!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast