Yesterday we received a nice little package in the mail and the ability to demo ... Smartphone Reviews forum

TheBBerryGuy no está en línea Stack level 2

REVIEW: BerryBuddy from Innov8systems

Advertisement

Yesterday we received a nice little package in the mail and the ability to demo what is being called the BerryBuddy, by innov8systems out of the UK.

The idea is simple: It's a cradle/charging solution for your BlackBerry Pearl (more on that in a minute) so that it can charge and sync simply by being plugged in.

While there are several different desktop holders on the market, this is one that from others we have seen, should deserve to be towards the top of the group.

It is simple, yet actually looks good (And looks like its supposed to be on your desk).

The design isn't anything spectacular, however, it does set the Pearl at a good angle allowing you to have a clear view of the screen.

You will notice there is a blue light and a green light on it, and on the back, there are ports for both charging and synching.

The green light is on when the power is plugged in, and the blue light when the synch cable is connected to the computer.

Obviously, it can charge via the USB slot, which may leave some scratching their head as to why there is even an option for the wall charger slot, however, just as with other things, it's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Plus, our guess is some people would prefer to use this on a night stand, where they won't be synching with a computer.

One thing that we would caution, is that the USB connection fits fairly snug, so you want to make sure to connect and disconnect it with caution. Also, the plastic "holding area" seems to be of firm plastic, so we will have to see if it causes any wear on the back of the device after numerous uses.

Unfortunately, this is only available for the 8100 series Pearls. Note, this does NOT include the 8130 series Pearls yet, as there is a slight build difference.

Innov8Systems is working on producing the same type of solution for both the 83XX and 88XX devices.

Here is their website: http://innov8systems.com/

It is only available through select outlets right now, which you can find on their site by going to "BUY".

Also, if you would be interested in this, feel free to email us at info@blackberryguy.com and we will see if we can't get some type of bulk discount or whatnot.

There may be more things that pop up, so we will update this thread accordingly.
    BlackBerryGuy.com

Re: REVIEW: BerryBuddy from Innov8systems

BTW, as you can tell in the picture, the blue light is WAY brighter than the green light...Not sure if this is on purpose or just on this test unit.
    BlackBerryGuy.com

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

very nice cant wait to see what they got for the 8300 series
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

shayne63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20E0D453

Hey I like it. How much is it and do you really recommend it or do you just think its nice.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Price? I would love this for my Curve...
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4

Does anyone know if there is a similar device that also allows you to play your music through speakers too? kinda like the docks for ipods and the like?

Innov8 Systems no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey Guys. This is Paul from Innov8 Systems. I just wanted to update you all with a few little websites that you can now get the BerryBUDDY from:

crackberry dot com
    blackberrygadgets dot com
    eaccess dot com
    mobihand dot com
    bberry dot com

Price ranges from $29.99 - $39.99

Hey everyone,

I got an update from Paul, so I figured I would add it here.

They are currently working on an adapter for the 8120 and 8130, and I am including the pic that they sent over.

BlackBerryGuy.com

raeford no está en línea Stack level 2

Sweet! I'm anxious to see what the final product will look like for the Curve.

Xtole no está en línea Stack level 2

Nice but to big IMO. 30 bucks for what my usb cable does for free?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

daveyBB no está en línea Stack level 1

Well my mini USB port is pretty much toast on my 35 day old NEW 8310 from ATT and I really don't want to spend $100 to have it repaired by a 3rd party. So this is looking pretty good to me - it charges from the two gold pins on the back of the 8310.

BTW, neither ATT nor RIM covers ANY damage from normal plugging and unplugging the mini USB port!!!! So BEWARE. Use it as little as possilbe, because to replace the 99 cent part costs north of $100 from an unauthorized 3rd party or $190 from RIM for a replacement phone ($400 from ATT)...

lindycu no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319BDB8B

DaveyBB - that's reason enough to think about adding the equipment protection plan through your carrier/3rd party insurance. I've had it on my various phones with Sprint and Verizon and it pays for itself. Particularly if you have the bill being expensed, what's 5-6/month for insurance?