Author: http://www.colabnet.com/home/products/berry-pix/ Pros: Very easy to use, Easy to setup as well. I like the ... Smartphone Reviews forum

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

Review: Berry Pix 2.0

Advertisement

Author: http://www.colabnet.com/home/products/berry-pix/

Pros: Very easy to use, Easy to setup as well. I like the ability to use the DM to synch your pics. The app is also very small, and so far has a negligable effect on my battery, but that could change as I use it more.

Cons: The program remains in memory, much like mail, or bb messenger. Maybe the next release, you will be able to fully close it. I also have been unable so far to save a pic from email into the program (not sure if this is even possible, but I assumed it was)

Verdict: Great program, little expensive. I would also love to see you be able to close this program completely so it does not remain in memory, but otherwise, a great little picture app. Maybe future releases will be able to support video, once the BB video features are fully utilized.

Overall: 3.5 out of 5

The first thing I would like to do is thank the author for providing me a key to register and fully test this app. I will definitely be keeping it, after using it now, as I love some of the features over the built in bb photo app.

First and formost, the ability to put pictures under different folders is huge. This was one of the bb photo app's major faults. I like the ability to create a folder name, and put certain pic's that match that folder title, into that directory.

Installation was very easy, and straight forward. The desktop manager was able to add in the program, open up the file opener, and send the pics to my BB. I love the ability to crop and send the photo's as well. Something I would like to see in future releases is the ability to manipulate the pic's more from the main program, such as colors, shades, ect... Maybe add effects.

I did not have any issues installing, or sending pictures to my BB unit. It worked from the start of the install to finish.

I thought you would be able to save a pic from an email to this program, but have yet to find a way to do this. Maybe its in there, but its not an easy feature to find. From what I understand, you can MMS pictures from the app to a txt message, or email, but seeing as my BB does not have MMS, I cannot test this ability.

Otherwise, overall I think its a great app. The price might be a bit much for BB apps, so that might keep some buyers from buying this product, but for what you get, I think it works great. I gave it a 3.5 because of the cons listed, and the features I feel that were missing that should be a part of a 2.0 release of software. Its still a great product, and I would definitely recommend it.

If anyone has any q's, post em and I would be happy to answer for you.

Last edited by BryanSE79; 05-25-2006 at 12:34 PM.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Review: Berry Pix 2.0

Thanks! The more user views i'm sure makes a 'buy or don't buy' decision a bit easier for users.

colabnet no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks for the great feedback - especially the ability to actually close the application entirely, we had not considered that before - though we are very mindful of memory consumption and we were extremely careful not to take up too much memory.

We are offering a special introductory price of $22.49 on the various pay sites (mobihand/pdatopsoft/handango etc.) to help reduce the price barrier somewhat. That's 25% off the regular price. This will be a limited time offer though.

Further to your pricing comment:

It would be interesting to us at ColabNet to know what people feel would be an appropriate price for BlackBerry software. To help the blackberry community at large to see it from our perspective, we a currently charging less than a $0.035 per line of source code (I feel like I just let the cat out of the bag) which did not seem like a lot to us at the time when we were pricing it. Like other ISVs, we are trying to balance getting compensated enough for our effort to help bring home the bacon (and support exisiting products and research new ones), while at the same time not price ourselves out of the market.

I'd love to hear community comments on this topic; perhaps this deserves its own thread. I am sure other developers would be keenly interested in this as well.
    Last edited by colabnet; 05-25-2006 at 05:50 PM.
    Collaborative Network Technologies Inc.
    http://www.colabnet.com
    55 Bond Street, Suite 103,
    St. John's, NL
    A1C 1S9

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

I like jiveslide because it works right off of my Flickr account so i only have to update one place when i add or change things. Looks like a neat program though i'll have to check it out

pdiddy1709 no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm having trouble configuring the add-ins in my desktop manager. It says please connect your handheld device...but I have my 7100g already connected to my computer. Can anyone offer any advice? I'm new to this software and would like to be able to put pictures on my phone. Thanks!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Did you install the program on the BB in question on the PC in question? That gave me troubles when I first started with the software.

Is your BB showing connected to the PC in other ways, such as you can make a back-up or run Application loader? Just because it is plugged in to the PC doesn't always mean they are talking. I have problems sometimes with the USBs not working on my PC. They are a little loose I think.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Re: RE: Cannot configure Desktop Manager add-in for Berry Pix

Quote Originally Posted by pdiddy1709
    I'm having trouble configuring the add-ins in my desktop manager. It says please connect your handheld device...but I have my 7100g already connected to my computer. Can anyone offer any advice? I'm new to this software and would like to be able to put pictures on my phone. Thanks!
    Hi pdiddy1709,

It sounds like your BlackBerry is not connecting properly to your Desktop Manager - this can sometimes happen if the BlackBerry is interrupted during a synchronization etc.

I would recommend trying the following:

a) Reboot your BlackBerry by removing and re-inserting the battery
    b) Reboot your Desktop Computer to clear out any problems that might be happening there

After your desktop computer reboots:

a) open the the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and just let it sit there.
    b) connect your BlackBerry to your desktop computer

You should then notice that the Desktop Manager says your BlackBerry is connected. From then on, you should be able to open the Intellisync icon in the Desktop Manager and perform the necessary add-in configuration.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
    Rick

PS: If you need anything further, please contact us directly via our website support - address is below.
    St. John's, NL
    A1C 1S9

blade no está en línea Stack level 1

I downloaded the trial version and decided that I do not like the program. I've tried to remove the program from my phone and via the BB desktop manager. I have been unsucessful in doing this. How can I get the program fully out of the phone? Thanks for the help.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Quote Originally Posted by blade
    I downloaded the trial version and decided that I do not like the program. I've tried to remove the program from my phone and via the BB desktop manager. I have been unsucessful in doing this. How can I get the program fully out of the phone? Thanks for the help.
    We're sorry that you did not like it, we'd sure be happy if you send me a PM with some recommendations on how to make it better.

You can always easily remove software from your handheld by using the Options application of your BlackBerry. Options usually is available from the main screen, but depending on your theme, maybe under Settings or Tools etc.

On your Handheld, navigate as follows:

If using OS v4.0: Options->Applications
    If using OS v4.1: Options->Advanced Options->Applications

You should now see the list of installed applications on your Handheld. Now scroll the list and locate the application you wish to remove. Once you have the application selected, click on the trackwheel and choose "Delete" from the menu. You will probably be promtped to reboot - if so you should say yes.

If you have any additional questions or need extra help, please visit http://www.colabnet.com/home/support, we'd sure like to help!

Perhaps you might be happier with one of our competitors' photo solutions - all are available under Multimedia category from Handango.com etc.
    Last edited by colabnet; 08-13-2006 at 02:36 PM.
    St. John's, NL
    A1C 1S9