Verdict: Amazing Little Picture Application Pros: Fast and Easy to load pictures via DM. Neat ... Smartphone Reviews forum

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Review: Berry Pix 2.0

Advertisement

Verdict: Amazing Little Picture Application
    Pros: Fast and Easy to load pictures via DM. Neat features you can't get on your own, pics are the right size for my BB
    Cons: emailing pics in is hard, you have to be at the pc. I can't pull in my online pics from flickr or yahoo
    URL: http://www.colabnet.com/home/products/berry-pix/
    Overall Rating: 4 out of 5

Overall I really liked this app. You can change the way the pictures change in the slideshow. It resizes the pictures to your BB as long as you get the DM synch working. The DM synch is easy to use and doesnt really require much work from the user, just point the file and click the save button. It was so easy I did not think it did anything. I ended up putting one picture on my BB 3 times as I kept clicking on save. A little pop up saying it saved would have been nice.

I had some troubles installing this at first and could not get the DM synch to work. I had to manually resize the picture using another app, then rename it the correct way for the app and email it to myself. Then I had to pick add to Berry Pix from the menu. I would suggest getting the DM synch to work. You can email the pictures, but I found it was a bit of work, and I am lazy. Also, one keystroke wrong on the spelling and it may not work.
    I had to remove the program from my BB and reload it via a fixed DM and it worked flawlessly. I think the problem I had was my DM and not Berry Pix.
    I have a BB 8700 and what I am guessing is the standby screen now has my slideshow. It shows the date, time, signal level, and battery level. It is awsome. Much better than the same picture I had as my background image. With this feature it would be important to have a case with the sleep feature or you can turn this feature off, or increase the min battery level needed for it to run.
    The biggest drawbacks for me are that I can not simply load my pictures already online at flickr or yahoo. I also still have to have pictures in my regular pictures file for background images. I can save an image to the BB pictures from Berry Pix and set it as the background image.
    You can send a pictures to Messenger Contact or as an MMS. When I tried to send a picture via BB Messenger I recieved a message the picture was too big.

Overall I would reccomend this to anyone wanting a neat way to show off pictures or a way to get rid of that boring standyby screen.

Feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer them
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Review: Berry Pix 2.0

Great review Melissa!

Awww thanks **blushing**
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Nice and you completed before 12

tjunkie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    203E690C

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    Verdict: Amazing Little Picture Application
    Pros: Fast and Easy to load pictures via DM. Neat features you can't get on your own, pics are the right size for my BB
    Cons: emailing pics in is hard, you have to be at the pc. I can't pull in my online pics from flickr or yahoo
    URL: http://www.colabnet.com/home/products/berry-pix/
    Overall Rating: 4 out of 5

The biggest drawbacks for me are that I can not simply load my pictures already online at flickr or yahoo. I also still have to have pictures in my regular pictures file for background images. I can save an image to the BB pictures from Berry Pix and set it as the background image.
    You can send a pictures to Messenger Contact or as an MMS. When I tried to send a picture via BB Messenger I recieved a message the picture was too big.
    Well, you can also access to flickr via online. They have a mobile page at http://www.flickr.com/mob

colabnet no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks for reviewing Berry Pix v2.0! We certainly will be looking into the possibility of adding access to services like flickr in the very near future. On the settings screen, there is a battery level limit option for the slideshow screensaver - did you mean that this limit option should have a larger battery level range?

Two features which were not mentioned in the review (or maybe they were implicit? ), which we believe set us apart from the competition are:

1) Our Backup/Restore feature: For people who like to upgrade their OS often, or lose (or damage) their handheld somehow, Backup/Restore can be a tremendous time and effort saver.

2) Also, because we use the BlackBerry's DM for our desktop component, we support all DM supported connections including: serial, USB, and *bluetooth* for picture transfer and backup/restore.

Thanks again Melissa!
    Collaborative Network Technologies Inc.
    http://www.colabnet.com
    55 Bond Street, Suite 103,
    St. John's, NL
    A1C 1S9

The range on the battery level was fine. Was just trying to mention as a way to control the slideshow if you don't have a sleeper case.

Everyone was complimenting me on the app today as I showed of pictures of my baby and us at Star Wars Weekends. It was much easier to pass the BB with the awsome slideshow running than to flip through pics. Even my husband thought it was awsome.
    This program is awsome for the coolness and show off to others factor
    My Blog , My Flickr

Maleboligia no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a question about the software, is there any way to backup pictures on the Blackberry before Berry Pix 2.0 is installed? I do not see them listed in Berry Pix but if I go into the "Pictures" menu, I do. I am using a Blackberry 8700r on Rogers. Thank you in advance for your assistance and for creating a great program!

Hmm... I have never tried. I don't see anything in back up for regular pictures. Anyone know for sure?
    My Blog , My Flickr

zhadar no está en línea Stack level 1

tnx for the link it was really heplfull tnx!!!

LLPRODENT no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32b2227d

loved it and bought it
    IF U JUS GOT A NEW SPRINT/NEXTEL
    ACCOUNT AND WANT A 25$$
    VISA PM ME OR PIN ME
    A.S.A.P SOON
    FOR REALZ

Jiggabro no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    308ef97d

Nice one Melissa, this berry pix is really. Shame i can't expand the memory on my 8700g.

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

def trying it out