Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

First of all I would like to congratulate BBSmart for a job very well done. ... Smartphone Reviews forum

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Thumbs up Review: BB Smart Alarms Pro

Advertisement

First of all I would like to congratulate BBSmart for a job very well done.

I have been using MyAlarm for quite some time now, and that was originally my #1 alarm application, but this one definitely won me over.

The icon of the application itself is an interactive clock that has different face colors when an alarm is activated or not.

When first starting the application you are informed that you have not set any alarms and it gives you the option of setting a "Regular Alarm" or a "Quick Alarm."

This is a very nice touch helping first time users set up their first alarm without looking through the app first.

The menus and options are clearly visible, making setting up the alarm quick and easy.

You can give each alarm its own title, and create many alarms with different select days, times, and alarm ringtones.

Set up recurring alarms for your work days, exercising sessions, etc. The day-of-the-week selection is simple with a click on click off function.

You can select an alarm ringtone from your music saved on your SDCard also! Or use the preloaded ringtones provided by the application: Electric Piano, Guitar Riff, Drum Beat, or Disco.

With this application, you do not have to worry about selecting a "Save" option to save your alarm, it does it for you! Also, if you accidentally hit the back key, it saves the alarm and its settings automatically, unless it is left at the default alarm setting.

You have a choice of snooze length from 1, 2, 5, 10, 15, 30, 45, and 60 minutes.

Change the amount of times the ringtone repeats and the volume settings.

You can also change the default alarm settings for the "Regular Alarm" or "Quick Alarm" to whatever you like.

The "Quick Alarm" is very handy for those on the run alerts you need to set up. Set up a basic "Quick Alarm" in a matter of 2 seconds.

Change your alarm settings to continuously vibrate when your alarm goes off or silence the alarm automatically when "unholstering" your BB.

The pop-up screen for your alarm alert is very clean and clearly visible, even if you are still half asleep, and the snooze function counts down to when the alarm will go off again.

While in the alarms list, you can see the current status of an alarm. Purple=Snoozed, Red=Off, and Green=on.

Buying a new BB? Not to worry, this application is transferable.

All in all I give this application a 10/10 and definitely worth the $15.00.

10 day free download and trial available.

Good job BBSmart!

OP by eZainny for Alarms Pro:
    New App Released: BBSmart Alarms Pro!

BBSmart Alarms Pro site

OTA for BBSmart Alarms Pro

Last edited by lucky13mt; 05-07-2008 at 04:37 PM.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Great review. I'm definitely going to give it a try.

Nicholaus no está en línea Stack level 3
    Downloaded the trial, looks awesome

peterme no está en línea Stack level 3
    I wish it worked together with the phone profiles.

jorgeg.ledes no está en línea Developer
    wowowowwowowo it looks awesome, what's the cost, I definitely want this.
    Best regards

Jorge Ledesma
    PIN 2440BE7C

www.blackberrygtd.com

Nicholaus no está en línea Stack level 3
    $15

salvatoretri no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2457af8e
    just downloaded it, looks really cool, will have to play around with it

BBAddict8100 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30694B05
    WOW...Love it, its $15 bucks but with the pinstack discount it came out to $13.50. Much much better than paying $30 for MultiAlarm..thank God I did the trial on that. Thanks for the info.
    BBADDICT8100@PINSTACK.COM
    NEW PIN 30694B05
    GOOGLETALK: JUDYJUSTIN973
    YAHOO: JUDYJUSTIN973
    AIM: JEEPGIRL2K3

jc_viteri no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by BBAddict8100 View Post
    WOW...Love it, its $15 bucks but with the pinstack discount it came out to $13.50. Much much better than paying $30 for MultiAlarm..thank God I did the trial on that. Thanks for the info.
    Pinstack discount? I think I will buy this, where and how do I get the discount?

BBAddict8100 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30694B05
    Premium Membership

Quote Originally Posted by jc_viteri View Post
    Pinstack discount? I think I will buy this, where and how do I get the discount?
    BBADDICT8100@PINSTACK.COM
    NEW PIN 30694B05
    GOOGLETALK: JUDYJUSTIN973
    YAHOO: JUDYJUSTIN973
    AIM: JEEPGIRL2K3

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Thanks, Awesome Program, tried it for a minute and now heading over to Pinstack's Shopping Mall! Thanks for the info!

alpra no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~cool program but if your bt is on then sound come thru bt.

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I bought the app. I used it for one minute tested the alarm and holy cow, I went online and paid $15. The sound was distinct and got my attention. This is one heck of a program and easy to use. It's worth trying. You can down load and get a 10 day trial. Ohhh boy I got a new toy....
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

eZainny no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hi All,

Thanks for the kind comments! We're already hard at work taking in all the feedback we've received since this first release and working on the next version, so if you have any ideas please do feel free to throw them my way! We try to be very receptive to the feedback of BlackBerry pro's that hang out on sites like Pinstack, so there's a good chance if you suggest a feature that rocks you'll see it in the next release (which will be free by the way - we don't believe in paid upgrades)

Great review too lucky13mt, and not just because we got a high score It was very thorough and you picked up on quite a few bits of functionality we threw in there that are not immediately obvious - you must have given the app. a good thrashing!

Cheers,
    Neil.
    View HTML email today with the Best Selling BlackBerry application: BBSmart Email Viewer

A product of BBSmart
    www.blackberrysmart.com

alpra no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if you do not turn your blue tooth off all alarm sound will go thru it and you can't here it unless you sleep with it on. Lol

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast