First I must start off by saying that I'm completely new to BlackBerrys. I have ... Smartphone Reviews forum

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3

Review: BB 8703e - A Burtally honest first impression

Advertisement

First I must start off by saying that I'm completely new to BlackBerrys. I have always used Palm or Windows Mobile based devices, so this is my first interaction with them.

Background: I activated a new line with Sprint almost a month ago. I bought a Samsung which fit my needs nicely. Since that time though, my work related requirements had started to skyrocket without any relief seen down the road. I was woefully in need of a PDA to help me keep track of everything. I was down to my last few days of my 30 day trial that would allow me to exchange a phone and I wanted the Q. They didn't have any in stock and wouldn't be getting any until my 30 day trial was over. The Treos were too expensive, so I went for the BB.

First impressions: I brought it home yesterday and I was intimidated by it at first. The supplied manual was just pathetic and it tought me almost nothing. Since I have a Mac, I couldn't use the CD that came with it which I believe would have given me some more information, so I was fumbling through a self-taught crash course on a BB and I was failing. A few hours after purchasing it, I was really regretting my choice, but I was stuck with it now (only one exchange allowed), and I was thinking of cancelling my account prior to the 30 day trial ended.

Moving on:
    I stumbled upon PocketMac syncmanager which made me feel a little better, then I found this forum and began to learn a few things, but I still wasn't sold. I got down to the nitty gritty. Checking out its features and performance, then checking for free apps - my disposition started to change.

Beginner's thoughts: I started finding out how to customize it (many options to look through), and I started testing it out. Here's what I've found:

I have both a voice and data plan through Sprint, and one thing that just wowed me was how well it worked as a phone! The call quality on both ends is nothing short of amazing to me. I mean, this is primarily a PDA, so I didn't expect much performance from a phone perspective but this thing really surprised me.

The speakerphone is fantastic. It has a good volume to it and it's very clear. Another surprise to me.

Battery life and reception are just fantastic! Agan, this is primarily a PDA but it's a darn good phone too!

The screen and keyboard are very nice. The screen is bright and clear and the keyboard is very responsive and solid...another nice surprise.

The overall construction seem very solid. It is plastic, but it doesn't seem flimsy to me. I'm satisfied with it.

As I'm learning more, I really like the BlackBerry format. It's really winning me over.

Wrap it up: I've had my 8703e for just a little over 24 hours now, and I can honestly say that I love it! I really like the thing. I have such a new found fondness and appreciation for it, that I wouldn't even think of returning it or cancelling my contract. The stability and ease with which to do things versus those other devices has got me hooked, and I'm not turning back.

Now I know why people who use BBs swear by them. I never knew because I never dealt with one, but that isn't the case any more .

My rating so far: It's got to be a 5/5. I have no complaints as of yet.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Review: BB 8703e - A Burtally honest first impression

Welcome to Pinstack!

Great review, glad you are happy with the 8703

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Welcome to the stacks!...8703 is an awesome device..

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

melerant no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    32C029E1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~That was a great review, thanks. I love mine too.