Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ascendo Money 3 I've had the pleasure of being able to beta test the new ... Smartphone Reviews forum

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Review: Ascendo Money - Personal Finance Manager for BlackBerry - Version 3

Advertisement

Ascendo Money 3

I've had the pleasure of being able to beta test the new version of Ascendo Money for about a month now. I have to say that I'm quite impressed with the updated version. I've had the Ascendo Money ver. 2 ever since my first Blackberry (8100) and so I've been using it for sometime now.

I've always relied on the application to keep me up to date with my checking and savings accounts. It completely replaces my checkbook register and I no longer need to balance my checkbook. The version 3 makes it that much easier with added improvements.

New additions to the application are Budgets and Reports right from the application itself. Now you can set Budgets to all you categories, and then view your Reports on where all your money goes.

The application itself is still fully customizable, from the skin you use to all the Payment Methods, Categories, Expense/Income Types, and Payees.

Manage Payment Methods ex: ATM, Check, Debit
    Manage Categories ex: Gas, Groceries, Entertainment
    Manage Types ex: Business Expense, Personal Income, Personal Expense
    Manage Payees ex: Landlord, Utilities, Gas Station

Recurring Transactions are still there. Transfers from one account to another are easily achieved. Searching for transactions are easy to do. There are so many things this application can do it would take me forever to list them off. This also does come with a Desk Application for easy synchronization of your PC and BB.

I believe this update has filled out what was lacking in previous versions. Ascendo has built upon a solid product and improved it. It's a well rounded and full featured application. If you need a personal finance manager that handles expenses, budgets and financial planning, I would have to give this one a thumbs up . This one would stay on the PinStack Five Star application list.

For a limited time, Pinstack readers can get 20% off of Ascendo Money by following the instructions below.

* Go to product description page.
    http://ascendo-inc.com/blackberry/pe...e-manager.html
    * Click on Buy Now button.
    * Click on the circle next to Gift Certificates and enter "PINSTACKM20" as the promotion code.
    * Click on Recalculate button and verify that total.
    * Choose payment type and proceed to checkout.
    Last edited by reddog187; 07-08-2008 at 06:18 PM. Reason: added promo code

krikor222 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3022BBE5
    So how does this work exactly? Can i setup my personal bank information with this program and it will retrieve the info automatically? or is it all input, and based on my input?

Other then that seems like its a great program! Where can I grab it?
    Shawn K.

Device: BlackBerry Curve 8330 v4.5.0.56
    Carrier: Bell Mobility (Canada)
    PIN: 3022BBE5

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    The program does not retrieve your bank information. You have to enter it in and you can sync it with your desktop computer also. It is an excellent program and I have it on my Blackberry. I enter everything into my computer, unless I am not getting a receipt; I enter it in my Blackberry so I can keep track of my daily expenses!
    I recommend this application to everyone I know with a BB.
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

noregrets721 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am currently running Ascendo Money 2.57, do I still have to buy the new Ascendo or is there a free upgrade link somewhere?

Edit: Found the answer to my question-it is a 10 dollar upgrade fee when jumping from 2 to 3.
    Last edited by noregrets721; 07-08-2008 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Found the answer to my question

PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by noregrets721 View Post
    I am currently running Ascendo Money 2.57, do I still have to buy the new Ascendo or is there a free upgrade link somewhere?
    I believe there is a fee to upgrade to a new version. Updates of the same version are free, but once it jumps to a new version there's a fee.

blackman711 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I think I need to invest in this app. Looks to be very useful.

bigmarv no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Optional
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I currently have 2.57 right now and will be upgrading. I like how basically all the great features you where able to do on the desktop version. With the upgraded 3 you can do on your bb as well. I recommend this also. Great budgeting and track keeping application.

rmerck no está en línea Device Pro
    Ascendo is great software for finance management.

The only reason I went with SplashMoney was because Ascendo doesn't have the ability to make split transactions that cross between different accounts.

I need this because with my Wachovia Way2Save, my bank will transfer $1.00 to my savings for every check chard/payment that is made, and splitting the transaction will save me one more step.

But other than that it is great software. I'd recommend it for people without my situation.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."
    Jesus, Luke 22:36

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
    Gen. John Pershing, U.S. Army

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Is that your accounts red. Saving up for something big I see.

No but if you can manage your accounts. Is this just like mobile banking but without doing it with your bank. If that makes any sense. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

cleared/uncleared multiple accounts...

ok please correct me if i am wrong, but the reason that i historically have used SplashMoney vs Ascendo Money is because:

the main accounts screen - i need to be able to tell what the total cleared/uncleared amount is for all accounts (as i use envelope budgeting style), since i have about 20 accounts. i do not want to have to go into the account to see the cleared/uncleared balance. does Ascendo do this and i'm simply unaware of it?

Thanks - Kyle

berrycool no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by rmerck View Post
    ...Ascendo doesn't have the ability to make split transactions that cross between different accounts...
    Hi rmerck,

Ascendo Money Version 3 allows you to split transactions across different categories. For example, you might purchase food and gifts in an airport store and classify the food as a business expense and the gifts as a personal expense, see screen shot below.

Categories are global to all accounts, so you can see how much you are spending on meals across business and personal accounts. Please send me a pm if you have suggestions on improving this feature.

Best,
    Marc
    Ascendo Inc.
    Ascendo Money - Personal Finance Manager for BlackBerry

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    I never knew about this app or the previous versions.

---
    Any questions/problems with your Curve 8320 feel free to contact me via E-mail. heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Is there a trial version?

PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by nickjoedotcom View Post
    Is there a trial version?
    yeah, there's a 30 day trial, its the same download.

1pdanut no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have both ascendo and splash money. The main advantage of "splash" for me is the "upcoming transactions" feature. While Ascendo let's u record recirring txns, Splash Money let's you query based on what's coming due during any period you select. Ex: items within the next 2 weeks--(until next payday . Or view by month, quarter, year, etc. Then u are able to choose to add them to your register (as early as you prefer) or whenever you want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast