Verdict: If you're looking for an app to manage your caloric intake and your burn ... Smartphone Reviews forum

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Thumbs up Review: Ascendo Fitness

Advertisement

Verdict: If you're looking for an app to manage your caloric intake and your burn & churn through excercise, whether you're hardcore into body building or just conscious about what you eat and what you do and wanting to electronically track a healthy balance, Ascendo Fitness is for you!

In Ascendo's words: "
    Do you want to stay fit and look your best? Ascendo Fitness may be just what you need to succeed. With Ascendo Fitness you can set objectives, track nutrition and exercise, measure your progress and calculate numerous fitness ratios.

Ascendo Fitness includes comprehensive food, activities and strength training databases. Already on a diet plan like Atkins, South Beach or Weight Watchers? Ascendo Fitness is the perfect companion to exiting health products and plans. So get started today on a healthier, happier lifestyle with Ascendo Fitness!"

Pros:
    • easy to use, easy to install.
    • straight forward layout, clean looking GUI.
    • navigating the well defined menus is simple and self-evident.
    • initial setup took less than 4 minutes without even reading the detailed help section.
    • end user configurable for metric or US.
    • detailed online database of foods and activities with amounts and calories taken in / burned out.
    • not in the extensive online database? make your own personal list!
    • email a detailed .txt file (email is text and an attachment in CSV style, carrier dependent) to yourself for import into a spreadsheet (ex: Excel).
    • detailed analyses over time through graphs

Cons:
    • download via 3rd party vendor only, searched for a bit and didn't easily find OTA.
    • I'm very accustomed to using the carriage return key for menu selection without click-wheel in most BB apps. the return key has no function in A.F.; not really a con, because to balance this out, all menus are numerical and pressing the number of the choice you want navigates and selects in one key-press. click-wheel will also display the familiar drop-down menu for selecting the highlighted menu choice.
    • when switching to another app, A.F. appears to quit; even doing ALT-ESC to switch to a different task, then switching back seems to re-launch the program. don't know if it is supposed to be this way. some may not like this, but really, having an app that actually quits (unlike browser, bb messenger, etc.) could be considered as a "pro". launch time is about 2 seconds on my 7130g.

URL:
    http://www.ascendo-inc.com/Fitness.html
    Try & Buy link offers several vendor links for limited trial or purchase.
    Price: Dependent on chosen vendor. About $35 CDN, or $30 US.

Overall Rating: For what it is, what it claims, and what it delivers... 4.8 out of 5

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Review: Ascendo Fitness

Great review!

berrycool no está en línea Developer

Thanks Lewis,

Downloading via OTA directly to the device is available through Handango (InHand) and Mobihand.com at the current time.

marc
    ascendo

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I d/l the trial of this app and really like it. Love the program. I love how I can track and graph my "weigh-in's", as well as the food nutritional info. I'm on Atkins, and even though I'm a box checker in the grocery store, its great to have this while dining out.
    Overall I give this a 4.5 out of 5. Not sure if its even feasible, but if there were a way to set workout reminders and reminders to enter meals, it would be a nice addition to an outstanding program.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Thanks for thankin Chris. 20/20, is now your new nickname
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Great Review! Thanks!

allbb no está en línea Stack level 1

Review: Ascendo Fitness

Have you already forgotten your New Year’s Resolutions? Like many people, you are probably thinking about how you can better control your weight this year. This is not an easy task… You goal might be to lose some weight, maybe gain a few pounds or simply keep everything under control. Unfortunately in a couple of months most of the promises will be gone for many of us. The truth is that following a diet is one of hardest tasks. A few weeks ago, I decided to lose some weight. I went with a diet that I know works: calorie control. For me that means trying to absorb no more than 1,200 calories per day and exercising on a regular basis. Suddenly changing your habits is hard. The first few days were tough on me: in a bad mood, hungry, and frustrated. This is when I began using Ascendo Fitness. This is when it got easier.

Read on and see how this software can help you.
    AllBlackBerry.com - In-depth news and reviews about all things BlackBerry.

Kgbrolic no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm having problems with this software on my Curve 8300. When I create New foods and add them as new daily entry...then go to edit daily entry and select the foods I manually created...a totally different food pops up. This is very aggrevating as I changed from writing my daily nutrition down to using this program for keeping my records. Can someone please help me!!! :mad:

fleurdelv no está en línea Stack level 1

Does anyone know if there is a program for the BB that calculates weight watchers points?

Thanks!