COST: $10.00 Free 7 Day trial REVIEW: This app is designed to show a pop-up ... Smartphone Reviews forum

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Review: Aerize Alerts 2008

Advertisement

COST: $10.00
    Free 7 Day trial

REVIEW: This app is designed to show a pop-up on your BlackBerry screen to notify you of incoming SMS,Emails, and calls as they are received. The pop up preview will allow you to view the message in either short, long or real format. You can also set your font size and the amount of time the pop up displays. Also you can set it to show messages from anyone, contacts, if sender has picture or if of high importance. I received mine for free in a holiday give-a-way and I am glad I did because this is not an app I would pay for unless they fix the many bugs that have plagued me.

When receiving notification the first issue is if you click the view the message while using your browser it will close the browser and open your email inbox which if you are receiving an sms does you no good at all. Another issue I have noticed is that if you select any option other than the one to open to view it will close and more times than not a white screen will appear and freeze my Berry for a few seconds. These have been the main issues for me but I have also read post from other users who have added issues.

PROS: The ability to receive notification with a preview of the message sent.

CONS: Opening into email folder no matter what type of message you receive, app closing the browser when clicking to view the message. The white screen when choosing not to view message and the lock up it causes.

VERDICT: This is more like a beta release and should have never been put out even for free. With some fine tuning this could be one of my favorite apps but until then I may check it when updates are released with fixes but I will not use it as a daily app.

DESCRIPTION:
    Aerize Email Alerts previews each Email with the senders picture and name, the subject of the email, and a brief preview. A simple and clean pop-up notification allows Email in any application; whether you're browsing the web, composing an Email, or playing games, you won't have to exit to check on important Emails. BlackBerry Email may be great, with Aerize Email Alerts it's even better!

Easily identify Email - See the senders picture and name, the subject of the email, and a brief preview

Enhance normal operation - Preview Email while in any application or game

Cure BlackBerry Jitters - Don't miss an important email or lose focus when a new email arrives

One-Click functionality - Easily open, mark as read, or delete the message

Description taken from Aerize web site here. You can download and try it from the site as well as buy it.

OVERALL RATING: 2 with a few tweaks this can be an awesome app.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm afraid I must agree with your review Cowboy, great potential but the cons out weight the pros. A definite try before you buy and decide if it's right for you. It needs definite tweaking. I got it for free on Christmas and still won't use it until it gets updated unfortunately.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I got it for free also. But when I started having problems backing out of the previews I knew it wasn't for me. I didn't have the screen issue where my screen went white, or the issue where it closed my browser (I guess cause I wasn't using the browser when checking messages anyway).

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    free here as well...
    it works... but it still needs work...
    Personally, I haven't found it to be a better substitute for the normal alerts that you get with your BB... yet. For some, though, this program may be EXACTLY what you need.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

weldoncat no está en línea Stack level 1
    go to options -> advanced options -> applications -> Aerize Alerts -> press blackberry button to edit options _> change the options to allow.

Personally I think I only changed "Input simulation" to allow and it opens to my text message folder now too.

bamberk22 no está en línea Stack level 1
    where did you get it for free?

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    it was a new years eve special,
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey