Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

sign-I am faced with choosing between the two of these. I love the qwerty of ... Smartphone Reviews forum

MaskofPinHead no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2016329A

7280 or 7100t

Advertisement

sign-I am faced with choosing between the two of these. I love the qwerty of my 7280...and I'm old enough that predicitive text just feels wrong (scared that I may end up asking to use someone's car as the toilet instead of finding out what time we are meeting for dinner ...but the feature set on the 7100t seems to be compelling. Can anyone give me some good reasons to switch or not switch?

Mask :?:
    I know I\'m a geek--its why my wife loves me.

Dhudgins no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Re: 7100g

Quote Originally Posted by BBJunkie
    Like the rest of the team on this board, I was a little nervous about using the new 7100g unit. But I have to tell you that I love, I love it, I love it. My only regret is the lack of software/sites for this unit.
    Checkout this software:

berry411

its free and has customizable search engines.

also look at
    bbtoday (also free) gives you a customizable today screen like an pocketpc

The over-the-air download can be found at:
    http://www.thebogles.com/berry411.htm

txdesi no está en línea Stack level 1
    Does anyone definitively know if there is anything internally different between the different flavors of the 7100 ?

I don't like the T and would love to get an unlocked X or V to use with my T-Mobile USA service. I think the keys are too close together, but that might be more perception as I haven't really used it, just seen other peoples devices...

Anybody used the T vs the others and care to comment ?

I have been waffling between the G and the 7290 but dont really want to switch to Cingular. Also TMo was not willing to upgrade me to a 7290.

Are the X or V available unlocked anywhere ? I have not been able to find them in my web searches.

Thanks,

Tex

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by txdesi
    Does anyone definitively know if there is anything internally different between the different flavors of the 7100 ?

I don't like the T and would love to get an unlocked X or V to use with my T-Mobile USA service. I think the keys are too close together, but that might be more perception as I haven't really used it, just seen other peoples devices...

I have been waffling between the G and the 7290 but dont really want to switch to Cingular. Also TMo was not willing to upgrade me to a 7290.

Are the X or V available unlocked anywhere ? I have not been able to find them in my web searches.

Thanks,

Tex
    The 7290 is your best bet or hold out a few months for a new model BB.

txdesi no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by hydn
    Quote Originally Posted by txdesi

Thanks,

Tex
    The 7290 is your best bet or hold out a few months for a new model BB.

Thanks. That's what i had concluded until I saw the pics of the new model...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: 7100x Review

I have the 7100T AND 7105T and I have to say they are MUCH better than the full keyboard 7730's I had. SureType took 1 hour to learn and I don't have to look at the keyboard while typing. Plus it just feels like a cell phone in my hand compared to my BRICKS (7730's). I never used the phone feature as I agree with PhilMax. I hated holding the thing in my hand. I used my first 7100t as a phone and was much happier. Signal strength in the 7100 series is much better, as well as battery life.

As far as T-Mo not willing to upgrade you to a new phone, was it because of your contract? I fussed and complained so much about my first 7730 that they happily sent me a replacement, and as soon as I saw and got my first 7100T, I knew I would never go back to another full keyboard BB ever again (UNLESS the 8700 series somehow acquires SureType).

I don't think there is anything different internally about the other model 7100 series, but I do with the 7100T and 7105T. The 7105T loads pages MUCH faster and easier. The Cingular (7100G) and O2 (7100X) are exactly the same except for color; same with the 7100T and the 7100R (Rogers). It took me FOREVR to realize that the only difference between these 2 was the convenience key. The T-Mobile phone has the T logo with the 2 dots on the sides of it (this was recently changed on the 7105T to the @ symbol with a t in the middle), and the Rogers phone has the line across the middle of the convenience key.

Hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12