Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Verdict: Pros: Cons: URL: http://www.blackberry.com/uk/product...rry7100x.shtml Price: Overall Rating: BlackBerry 7100x The phone is incredible.... but ... Smartphone Reviews forum

nutsnbolts no está en línea Stack Mod

Review: 7100x

Advertisement

Verdict:
    Pros:
    Cons:
    URL: http://www.blackberry.com/uk/product...rry7100x.shtml
    Price:
    Overall Rating:

BlackBerry 7100x

The phone is incredible.... but at the same time the 7100v is incredible to me also... so here goes:

1) Sure type seems to be different.. which im not sure if that makes sense. It seems that when i press Atl OP for (.) it gives me other options (;,:.. etc)... I do not have this on vodaberry.. but not sure if this is just a setting i may have miss.

2) The theme is beautiful... may even install it on 7100V... but may who knew Blue,White and Yellow can look so good together?

3) The wider keyboard... if you guys were going to switch to the 7100v format just for the wider keyboard... i would look at the 7100x as well... it was an adjustment just getting my fingers use to larger screen.

4) At first i thought the black finish would chip easy... now im not sure.... but i would really suggest using the cover at all time, to protect the finish.

5) The screen may be slightly larger.. but cant tell if its my perception on not... will try and look up details.

6) Yes... it is most certainly lock to O2.

http://www.vodaberry.com/7100x/DSC00104.JPG

http://www.vodaberry.com/7100x/DSC00105.JPG

http://www.vodaberry.com/7100x/DSC00109.JPG

http://www.vodaberry.com/7100x/DSC00111.JPG

Love this phone... going to be hard to decide which one to use more.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 06-06-2006 at 09:43 PM.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    welcome to the forum. Great review. How do you find the the suretype technology? I've uesd a 7100 b4 but it wasn't mine, seems slow to type compared to the QWERTY Blackberry models.

Welcome again, don't forget to register by clicking the register link at the top of the page.

PIN/ID
    ask
    yeah, great review on the phone. only wish nextel could get these tite lookin blackberries...than i would never buy a regular phone ever again. lol. man, just looking at these phones make me want to switch to another carrier. aye hyden, wut bb do u own and which carrier are you with? and how is the service? cuz i no ever since i had this bb with nextel, i have the most perfect service, i have not lost a bar yet!

aosmith Guest

service options...

ask some people in your area what service they are on and how it works...esp co workers. i know a lot of people at my school are tied into cingular and there is a big blind spot over our campus drives people nuts!

PIN/ID
    ask
    sweet phones but they miss the qwerty keyboard big time. just my 2 cents :wink:

Gina no está en línea Stack level 4
    this looks like a very great phone. more suited for females to. maybe i should have gotten a 7100:?
    Gina-Lisa James,
    Pinstack.com – the web's #1 BlackBerry spot!
    Add Pinstack to your MySpace & twitter.com/pinstack

blackberrytunes.com no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    201E8E77
    Quote Originally Posted by sexylisa
    this looks like a very great phone. more suited for females to. maybe i should have gotten a 7100:?

Ouch! From the heterosexual male! I have both the 7100v and the 7100x. I think the 7100x has a classy look to it.

PIN/ID
    201E8E77

Here is a great photo of all the 7100's... besides the 7100r

PhilMax no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by blackberrytunes.com

Ouch! From the heterosexual male! I have both the 7100v and the 7100x. I think the 7100x has a classy look to it.
    Yes! Ouch! Just got the 7100g and love it. The SureType is easy to use for regular messages, but a little problematic, yet, for passwords and the like. It has a geat screen and the speakerphone makes the unit worthwhile. My stepson has a full keyboard BB and refuses to use it as a phone as he can't bring himself to hold it to his ear! LOL

PIN/ID
    201E8E77
    Have your son purchase a bluetooth bb..

You will get use to the suretype... it took me a while as well... but now i have no problems... get into using shortcuts also.

PIN/ID
    ask

:)

Quote Originally Posted by PhilMax
    Quote Originally Posted by blackberrytunes.com

Yes! Ouch! Just got the 7100g and love it. The SureType is easy to use for regular messages, but a little problematic, yet, for passwords and the like. It has a geat screen and the speakerphone makes the unit worthwhile. My stepson has a full keyboard BB and refuses to use it as a phone as he can't bring himself to hold it to his ear! LOL
    Haha. That was me with the 7210 and 7230.. something about them being blue and not black made it feel like if you're chating on a calculator rather than a mobile. Since I got the 'black' 7290 I use it to my ear even though its bluetooth. What a differne a color makes

Oh and welcome to PINstack.com.... Hope you tell your step son about this website also.

Regards,

PIN/ID
    ask
    haha... she didn't just say the 7100's look fem? jk

BBJunkie no está en línea Stack level 1

7100g

Like the rest of the team on this board, I was a little nervous about using the new 7100g unit. But I have to tell you that I love, I love it, I love it. My only regret is the lack of software/sites for this unit.
    The Goal in life is to add life to your years. Not years to your life........Enjoy!

PIN/ID
    ask

Re: 7100g

Quote Originally Posted by BBJunkie
    Like the rest of the team on this board, I was a little nervous about using the new 7100g unit. But I have to tell you that I love, I love it, I love it. My only regret is the lack of software/sites for this unit.
    Try handango.com i saw that site about about 4 more in the knowledge base section of this site's forums.

robint no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20284CA
    I have the 7100T and I was not really nervous - just not sure I'd enjoy it. I'm a BIG-TIME PDA user - I must have seven or eight different models. Thing is, the BB finally is SMALLER than ALL of my PDAs, so I gave it a try, and could NOT be happier. I am looking for more "list" themes, but otherwise, I do not have a single complaint. I am a big fan of www.dictionary.com and google, to name a couple, and it's awesome to be able to look things up while away from my router (I have WiFi for most of my PDAs). Also, the Outlook synchronization is awesome, and the BEST thing about this is the EMAIL!!! I hope they keep this style, as I am not fond of the bigger BB, and the regular querty keyboard. Should they keep this style, I'll be a BB user for life!

Robin T.
    Robin T.
    BB 7100T
    HP iPAQ 4355
    PalmOne LifeDrive; Zire 72; Tungsten C
    Tapwave Zodiac 2
    Sharp Zaurus SL-5500

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast