Verdict: Best extended battery/door kit for extra battery life Pros: 4 days out of the ... Smartphone Reviews forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Review: 7100t/7105t Extended Battery Kit

Advertisement

Verdict: Best extended battery/door kit for extra battery life
    Pros: 4 days out of the battery with moderate use of the BlackBerry
    Cons: Size added to BlackBerry; hard to fit in some cases not built for this kit; impossible to remove the door.
    URL: http://smartphonedepot.com/shop/prod...cat=281&page=1
    Price: $49.96 USD
    Overall Rating: 4 out of 5

I received an extended battery/door kit for my 7105t a week ago and have been pleased with its performance (as far as battery life). This kit comes with an extended life (or high capacity) blue battery and a grey door to cover it on the back of your BlackBerry 7100t/7105t.

When I received the kit, it took some help to get it out of the package as it was shipped in an air tight sealed package. Once I got it out, it was very easy to put the battery into my 7105t and put the door on. If you get this kit, plan on not getting an exchange for your 7100t/7105t, or doing a hard reset. In my experience, this door will NOT come off if you need to replace your BlackBerry or do a hard reset.

After I got the battery/door onto my BlackBerry, I proceeded to use EVERY application and program (pre-installed and 3rd party) on my BlackBerry to see how many days I got out of it. After heavy texting, emailing, PIN messaging, browsing, downloading, gaming, as well as leaving the backlight on (except when sleeping), I got 4 full days out of the battery.

I strongly suggest this kit for any of you who use your 7100t/7105t for work and personal use.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 06-09-2006 at 03:45 PM.

Re: Review: 7100t/7105t Extended Battery Kit

Edit: I have figured out how to get it off by pressing REALLY hard on the button. I have gone back and forth between it and the OEM battery kit to give it time to loosen up and it has.

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3

I am considering buying this but it was hard justifying the cost with the convenience of charging it less often. But I will reconsider in the future. Thanks for the review.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Quote Originally Posted by evilcaptain
    I am considering buying this but it was hard justifying the cost with the convenience of charging it less often. But I will reconsider in the future. Thanks for the review.
    I only have to charge the extended battery every 4 days instead of every 2 days with the OEM battery.

The only problem with the extended battery kit is that I love open face cases (which means that I don't have to take the phone out of the case to use it) and no one has come up with an open face case to fit this kit yet. The cases I have seem to have lost their elasticity and will no longer stretch to accept the bigger battery and door.