Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by Mikey I forgot to add...... Once you change hh (or letters of ... Smartphone Reviews forum

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: My Personal 7100i Review

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey
    I forgot to add......

Once you change hh (or letters of choice) to hey, now go back and replace hey with get.

Type and move on, you'll see the change.
    Excellent tip! I'm gonna have to setup a bunch of these shortcuts.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: My Personal 7100i Review

LOL I knew I left something out of the review of my 7105t last night.

Badassdtrain no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    4015B70C

Re: Review: 7100i

I love the 7100i. at first i was going to send it back but i got used to it and i'm never going back to that big *** 7520

midnightfire no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4012d1f4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

midnightfire no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4012d1f4
    Thanks for all the info! I just got my bb and I love it!

butterfly077 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

WEll i am new to the whole blacberry thing ,and I just want to down load ringtones i can hear! Other wise for me the rest has been a snap. please help ,i down laod anthing and i am good at this kind of thing whats wrong with me? 7100i is getting to me grrrr thanks

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

Fivestar, I frequently use Telenav on my 7100i and I have been very satisfied with it. However, there are a few caveats:
    1 If you lose your phone signal, you also lose Telenav. This happened to me in an old section of Baltimore. Luckily I was within a couple blocks of my destination and I had also looked at a map of it on Google Local. This would be a problem if you often find yourself in areas of poor coverage.

2 The voice prompt feature does not work with Bluetooth. Since the speaker is on the back of the unit, it can be difficult to hear in a noisy environment, such as a car with the windows down. I've been looking for a system that will allow me to amplify the voice prompts through the car's speakers, but I haven't been able to find a non-Bluetooth option that will work with the configuration of the 7100i.

3 The voice prompt tends to lag behind the screen updates by a few seconds. This only becomes a problem when you have to make a rapid series of turns. You'll need to glance at the screen rather than rely on the voice prompts.

4 Telenav does not turn off the screen saver, so the screen keeps going dark. I have solved this by installing BBLight and activating it whenever I use Telenav. It keeps the screen from going dark without constantly having to fiddle with the track wheel. After deactivating BBLight, I find I have to go to the options utility and resave my backlight timeout, since it seems to go back to the default.

5 You cannot use the phone and Telenav at the same time. At least not always. In the past I have received calls while using Telenav and it suspended it until I ended the call. Just today, however, the same thing happened and Telenav continued with no problem. I'm not sure what the difference was, except that the first time it may have tried to give me a voice command while I was on the phone and today that did not happen.

Telenav is one of the main reasons I got a BlackBerry at all and I have not been disappointed. As long as you're in areas with good signal coverage, its a great alternative to a stand-alone nav system and at $10 a month its a WHOLE LOT cheaper.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

specialguess no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Great write up........ I love my 7100i
    Markham, Ontario

ezyemail no está en línea Stack level 1

Can you please tell me if I can turn off the sure type option and just type what I want?

I want to switch from the 7520 to the 7100 because of the SMS, Screen,Ringers,and size.

bruiser_04 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243FCD27

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ when you are in a position to type hold down the * key and you will switch. You will see in the upper right corner ABC.

badgt350h no está en línea Stack level 1

Walmart has a horizontal black fake leather case for $8 but you loose the magnet, hey the medium size case

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck

Hopping out the shower tonight, i heard the iphone commercial and i was thinking about my wife wanting an iphone. The iphone is the reason why my wife and i got the 7100i. When the first iphone commercial hit the wave she told me that she wanted it, because of the features and she also wanted to keep up with her emails while she is on the go, because of her job requirements. So after looking at people reviews here about the iphone i knew that wasnt going to use it to its fullest, so why spend almost 700 dollars for the phone (250 to break nextel contract if you are wondering)?

So she had an upgrade option from nextel since her contract was actually up(i didnt even know it, but you know how phone companies campain to keep you), and i got mine off of ebay brand new (both costed 200 dollars each). Also my birthday is next tuesday(july 31st), so that was gonna be my birthday present anyways.

Let me get the cons out the way now:
    -40 dollars a month mandaory for the nextel internet service and thats not including your minutes.
    -Doesnt have the casual "cool" features were used to-polyphonic ringtones sucks (no way around it),no camera on it (didnt bother me cuz i rarely ever used it on my previous 2 phones anyways),not a music player(same comment as before but i have a 30gb ipod)
    -No slots for memory cards, so what you have is what you get. 64 mb if im right.
    -Does have the "Nerdy" features we love to have

Also mind you, im an math teacher/IT person, so you know im gonna squeese all i can out of this phone and just teach my wife how to do it. Most of us know about the features of the phone so i wont get into regurgitating the obvious. After activation, the first thing i did was set up the email accounts i have with home and work, i did it online through my pc(its a lot faster), and it was easier than setting it up through outlook on my PC, took at most 5 minutes. You can manage them from your PC or phone i just prefer the pc method because of the connection speed. So whenever you have a mail message, your LED will blink red instead of green. And the indicator in the desktop will tell you how many messages you have. Also transferring the phone book was the easiest thing i have every done. Just insert old sim card, and a couple of clicks later and im done.
    Next is the web browser its much like dial up speed, so its only convenient if youre only using it to kill time. If you are spoiled by high speed internet and plan on using this a lot, you will be upset, it does what its supposd to do even better and a lil slower when you enable the java apps, and scripts. For the price a month for the nextek internet service(NIS) you would expect more beside dial up connection and unlimited email access. Well, there is a lil more you get the PTT feature with that, unlimited text messaging(not SMS though) especially MMS, and blackberry messaging. Most messages you send and receive will be mms (outside of email) where you can attach pictures and other files with it. One thing i love about this phone is that if im browsing the web on it and i receive a phone call, i will get that call, very, very nice. No more going str8 to voicemail. The blackberry messenger feature is very nice and underrated but you must have that other person sim id to chat with them, i believe that will be very underused with most BB phones, too bad.
    The themes are customizeable and i have found some web sites where you can get them for free. I loaded the "smoothie" theme for my wife so we can tell the difference between phones before going to work. I have one of the pre-installed themes for my phone, but i put the scarface logo for the wallpaper.
    My last paragraph is syncing.. Not too hard to do. It took me two minutes to sync my phone via usb, and ten minutes to configure my phone to sync via bluetooth. When your phone is connected via bluetooth the led turns blue. In a couple of clicks, your calendar, phone book, tasks, are all synced with your PC. You also have the option to back up your BB in case it crashes, extra plus!!
    Other things i noticed are:
    -whenever the phone goes to the holster(belt clip) it automatically goes to silence no more need to adjust the ringer volume.
    -Almost everything is ustomizeable or adjustable.
    -The keyboard kicks *** (seriously it does) i was kinda suspect about it at first but now i love it.
    -the pTT(push to talk feature) is still there. dont think i have to go more into it. Which is still the coolest feature with nextel.

Now my disclaimer is that is a phone primarily for business use. There arent too many "fun things" on this phone. With the lack of features such as camera, music player, music ringtones, i knew it was a business type phone before i bought them. The features it has, it does it well. This has to be the best cell phone i have ever had. My previous two phones were the i860, and the sayno pm 8200 by sprint.

PUFF no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4013c2da

i am fustrated as well trying to get ringtones

Josh2222 no está en línea Stack level 2

I still love my 7100i.

mafio78 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    401ec7b4

i love my block of cheese , and looks so good when my friend pulls out his pearl
    MafiO78...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12