Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 On your BB browser, go to www.geekandproud.net and install SoftReset. No ... Smartphone Reviews forum

  1. #16
    ssnxp's Avatar
    ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,679

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    On your BB browser, go to www.geekandproud.net and install SoftReset. No more battery pulls.
    I saw this a few months back, but I remember someone saying that it isn't the same as a battery pull.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr D View Post
    Why don't you just stick with the ones at your store then?
    Because they're a pain to get open, but if the Seidio ones are better like you say, I may buy one.

  2. #17
    zjfarmer's Avatar
    zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    366
    Great review, thanks. I think that it is about time that I bought the BSE for my curve.
    -- ZJ

    "If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

  3. #18
    cgaliffi's Avatar
    cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    Posts
    703
    Great review. I use the rubberized case and really like the protection it provides and that it doesn't add too much bulk.

  4. #19
    Jinvox's Avatar
    Jinvox no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3
    Agreed great review, now how about Seido making a case and holster bundle like this for the people whom have their 2600MAH extended battery.

    There were rumors of them making a case for the extended battery but no word of any progress :-(

  5. #20
    mettleh3d's Avatar
    mettleh3d no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr D View Post
    Remember, these two companies make protection out of the SAME EXACT MATERIAL. BSE is always a better deal unless you have discount from IS. The cuts are different from both companies as you can see in this scenario, so you might want to check that out before ordering.
    I used to order Invisible Shields all the time for my stuff and I totally justified the price tag. I bought a best skins ever for my Curve. Obviously I'm satisfied if I ordered the same product and saved.

    However, people and reviewers NEED to realize and STRESS, that a $25 invisishield for $25 (free ship) vs. a Best Skins Ever for $8.99 (shipped) is a big price gap, but IS offers a full lifetime warranty. Free* replacements for the life of the device!!

    Granted they charge shipping (before it was just 40 cents for the cost of your OWN envelope) , somewhere in the park of $2.95 or $3.95 but the package includes solution ($1-$2) and a squeegee that BSE doesn't offer. I've ordered several replacements because over time, putting devices in your pocket does shear and fray the edges somewhat, and when dust gets under there, it's like a hangnail that won't go away.

    Over time, you make your money back off the IS, which may be a while, but that level of peace of mind is scarce these days.

  6. #21
    rand0m's Avatar
    rand0m no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    171
    good review!

    Can i ask why in the last few imgs of the screen kinda show the BES Screen only to be somewhat blotchy.. does that affect the viewing of the screen at all? I'm just curious because I have a Javoedge Ultra-Clear on mine which is flawless.

    also for users w/ the Rubberized case.. how do you all go about taking it off. Since I've received mine a few months back, I've been hesitant to remove it. I usually try and go for the clip by the 3.5mm jack first and then the rest comes off easily. I usually just slide my credit card to separate them and pull them apart.

  7. #22
    Mr D's Avatar
    Mr D no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by rand0m View Post
    good review!

    Can i ask why in the last few imgs of the screen kinda show the BES Screen only to be somewhat blotchy.. does that affect the viewing of the screen at all? I'm just curious because I have a Javoedge Ultra-Clear on mine which is flawless.

    also for users w/ the Rubberized case.. how do you all go about taking it off. Since I've received mine a few months back, I've been hesitant to remove it. I usually try and go for the clip by the 3.5mm jack first and then the rest comes off easily. I usually just slide my credit card to separate them and pull them apart.
    That is just the texture of the material, it's like that with both BSE and IS. The only way you see it is when it is at a specific angle in specific light. Trust me, you will not even notice the thing on... especially with the rubberized case.

    As far as taking it off, I start from the upper left corner right above the 3.5 hole...and after that everything is super easy.
    REVIEW: SEIDIO HOLSTER, BACK DOOR, RUBBERIZED CASE, BEST SKINS EVER!

    Contains A LOT of pictures and if you have any questions, let me know!

  8. #23
    Mr D's Avatar
    Mr D no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by mettleh3d View Post
    I used to order Invisible Shields all the time for my stuff and I totally justified the price tag. I bought a best skins ever for my Curve. Obviously I'm satisfied if I ordered the same product and saved.

    However, people and reviewers NEED to realize and STRESS, that a $25 invisishield for $25 (free ship) vs. a Best Skins Ever for $8.99 (shipped) is a big price gap, but IS offers a full lifetime warranty. Free* replacements for the life of the device!!

    Granted they charge shipping (before it was just 40 cents for the cost of your OWN envelope) , somewhere in the park of $2.95 or $3.95 but the package includes solution ($1-$2) and a squeegee that BSE doesn't offer. I've ordered several replacements because over time, putting devices in your pocket does shear and fray the edges somewhat, and when dust gets under there, it's like a hangnail that won't go away.

    Over time, you make your money back off the IS, which may be a while, but that level of peace of mind is scarce these days.
    Exactly what I had in mind too when buying the products. However, how long will you really keep your products vs how long the skin will last? You can go through 2 skins with BSE and still pay less than IS.

    If you honestly feel you'll keep the device for years and years, and the material eventually wears off, the lifetime guarantee is for you.

    You're right, very little industries have the lifetime warranty at such an ease like IS...

    KEM cards come with a good warranty.
    REVIEW: SEIDIO HOLSTER, BACK DOOR, RUBBERIZED CASE, BEST SKINS EVER!

    Contains A LOT of pictures and if you have any questions, let me know!

  9. #24
    ssnxp's Avatar
    ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,679
    So I ordered the rubberized case + rubberized battery door on Friday. I guess I'll do my own little mini-review/comparison when I get it. (:

  10. #25
    Mr D's Avatar
    Mr D no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    152
    Let us know how you like it!

    Did you order BSE?
    REVIEW: SEIDIO HOLSTER, BACK DOOR, RUBBERIZED CASE, BEST SKINS EVER!

    Contains A LOT of pictures and if you have any questions, let me know!

  11. #26
    ssnxp's Avatar
    ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,679
    No, I already have a screen protector for the Curve and I can get them extremely cheap from my work. I figure the hard case will protect everything else.

  12. #27
    ssnxp's Avatar
    ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,679
    WOW, So I have pretty bad timing. Another reason I ordered this case was due to the fact that I wanted a new case (or cases), but my store had stop receiving shipments of Curve cases for a while due to our suppliers being out of stock. It's been at least a few months. High demand, I guess.

    Well anyways, my coworker called (she also has a Curve) and informed me we just got some in today.. and they're actually quite nice and new. At least now I have a decent case to compare the Seidio one to.

  13. #28
    mettleh3d's Avatar
    mettleh3d no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    39
    Wait, I just realized that your Seidio battery door with speaker opening, is 100% defeated with that external case. Anyone else mention that - Sorry.

    I found that completely hilarious.

  14. #29
    ssnxp's Avatar
    ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,679
    Quote Originally Posted by mettleh3d View Post
    Wait, I just realized that your Seidio battery door with speaker opening, is 100% defeated with that external case. Anyone else mention that - Sorry.

    I found that completely hilarious.
    That's why the offer it in a combination with the rubberized case, which has a hole there for the speaker also. :P

  15. #30
    mettleh3d's Avatar
    mettleh3d no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    39
    Oh, I just saw it. My mistake. You can delete me now.:cry:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •