Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SEIDIO HOLSTER This holster works great. The clip is nice and tight, and sliding the ... Smartphone Reviews forum

Mr D no está en línea Stack level 3

Reivew: Seidio Holster, Back Door, Rubberized Case & Best Skins Ever

Advertisement

SEIDIO HOLSTER

This holster works great. The clip is nice and tight, and sliding the phone in and out of the holster is smooth; and at the same time it is very secure. The holster does have the sleep function, regardless if you put in the phone face in or out.

I've dropped it only once and the holster does not have any scratches. The phone didn't fly out, everything just stayed in place perfectly.

This is a great and very sturdy product.
    SEIDIO BACK DOOR

I wanted this because of the speaker hole and the black color. There was a bundle on it anyways, so I just decided to throw it in. It has a great feel (the Seidio rubberized feel), and the color makes it that much better.

The speaker hole does improve the sound. You will notice a difference; the sound is not as congested. The sound is clearer and louder.

The fit on this is perfect since they have fixed it. The bottom part snaps in perfectly, it does go above the 2 prongs a bit (as you will see), but everything is secure and perfect. It's just a bit thicker, that's all.

SEIDIO RUBBERIZED HARD CASE

I love this case. The original one Seido sent me had a tad bit of and uneven corner and side. Their great customer service sent me a new one before I had to send the original back, and I soon realized I was being a bit nit picky.

The case fits perfectly, and the feel it gives improves the grip.

This case obviously provides great protection. My previous BB curve was dropped in this case (not dropped by me) and it did not fall apart. This is a separate incident from when I dropped it with the holster.

This case fits great. The case does add a noticeable, but minimal, bulk. However it is thinner than most (if not, all) hard cases for other electronic devices. So if you're used to hard cases, you'll be more than happy.

It took me a day or two to get used to typing on it since the side and bottom buttons are hugged by the case. It just feels different than it would when it is "free." Once getting used to it though, it doesn't make a big different whether I'm typing with or without the case on.

The side buttons are still accessable very easily.

Those concerned about always taking the phone in and out of the case, don't be worried. From my experience, I've snapped, unsnapped, and resnapped this case many times to do a battery reset, use it naked or a BB skin, or for any reason and it still fits and snaps as it did from day 1.

I use this case with a BSE right now, so the fit at the top isn't snap perfect, but it still works. This is because of the fact that the BSE screen cover goes over the screen a bit and to teh top of the device, as you will see in the following review and pictures.

BEST SKINS EVER (SCREEN COVER ONLY)

This product has the best bang for its buck. Honestly, I've contemplated on using the Curve without using the rubberized case because this product is so amazing. However, Seidio's products are so great for what they're made for, so I use their cases when I'm out. At home, I usually use the BB naked or with a black BB skin.

Even though I only got the screen cover, I can tell that this thing well protects the phone. Not from drops, but from scratches.

If you haven't tried this yet, I highly suggest you order this for any electronic device. I've already ordered this for multiple people I know for their BB's and electronic devices, and I have it for my iPod Touch.

First time applying it is going to be exciting for anyone obviously, and the thought of liquid on your device is probably doesn't make one feel comfortable. After applying it though, the reward is much more than the price that is layed out.

I've had to apply this twice on a Curve. I had to exchange my Curve, and I decided to not use the other one since BSE gives you 2 in the order. I also applied this on a Pearl for VZW... by now this process is very easy and doesn't take longer than 5 minutes for just screen, and 15 for a whole device.

My advice is to soak the material, and just lay it on your device. Obviously you want to shake off any excess solution, but a lot of solution will help you move it, and it will help prevent bubbles.

The lighting and angle I took the picture at makes it seem like the BSE is obvious and thick...however it is not obvious nor thick. Everyone is shocked when I tell them I have a screen cover on my phone, and the fact that it's better than any screen cover makes it that much better. I swiped keys, etc across my previous Curve with the BSE, and nothing happens. Great protection

Best bang for your buck.

FINAL VERDICT

SEIDIO HOLSTER
    Verdict: Great product, recommended to those who like holsters.
    Pros:
    Durable, fits great, fantastic build quality. Easy to take phone out and put back in. Sleep function.
    Cons: It's still a holster. Price could be better for a standalone holster.
    URL: www.seidioonline.com
    Price: 29.95 standalone; Varies depending on bundle
    Overall rating: 10/10
    Comments: I'm a holster user, so I think the product is great. I was very impressed with the ease of use and quality.

SEIDIO BACK DOOR
    Verdict: I recommend it if you are buying it with a bundle. I'd have a hard time justifying the $15.00 price tag.
    Pros: Great fit. Improves sound and grip. Looks great by itself or with the rubberized case.
    Cons: Price
    Price: 14.95 standalone; Varies depending on bundle
    Overall rating: 8/10
    Comments: I gave it a lower rating because of the price tag. If it is based on the product itself, I'd give it a 10. If you do order the rubberized case I think this is a must have. The rubberized case looks weird from the back since it has the whole cut out for this back door.

SEIDIO RUBBERIZED HARD CASE
    Verdict: Highly recommended if you want hard protection and don't mind a slight increase in bulk.
    Pros: Durable, great tight fit, and improves feel. Taken off and put back on the case many times; it still fits and snaps together great.
    Cons: Adds a slight bulk, and a bit slippery when using with one hand in bed (no pun intended). A little tight around the keypad.
    Price: 29.95 standalone;Varies depending on bundle
    Overall rating: 9/10
    Comments: I think the whole 3 product bundle is great. This case looks great and gives my BB a great look hence the black keyboard. I still feel a bit more "free" when typing without it on, but like I stated, it's not much of a deal when typing with or without the case on. I think the only improvement they can make is if the case didn't hug the keyboard as much.

BEST SKINS EVER (SCREEN COVER ONLY)
    Verdict: Amazing product, best bang for your buck, order for all electronic devices.
    Pros:
    Everything. Protection, look, feel...
    Cons: Application process takes a long time (overnight/12-24 hours).
    Price: 5.99
    Overall rating: 10/10
    Comments: I am truly amazed by this product. I think this is a must have for every or most electronic device. Will fully protect your product from any scratches where it is applied.

NOTE: I ordered the invisibleSHIELD screen cover for the BB (50% off, only cost me 6 bucks). The reason is because the invisibleSHIELD screen cover only covers the screen and does not go past the screen to the top of the phone. I think this will improve the snap on for the Seidio case.

The invisibleSHIELD has very nice packaging and comes with a really cool "squeegie" that is used for pushing out bubbles. It's made out of rubber and is better to use than credit cards. It also contains premade solution you can spray, but I still prefer the homemade version. The IS only comes with 1 screen protector whereas the BSE comes with two.

Remember, these two companies make protection out of the SAME EXACT MATERIAL. BSE is always a better deal unless you have discount from IS. The cuts are different from both companies as you can see in this scenario, so you might want to check that out before ordering.

Thanks for reading my review if you've scrolled down this far!

Take care, and let me know if you guys have any questions or concerns.

SHOUT OUTS
    Seidio - great customer service, I was really iffy when I first received the case (because of the uneven edges). After using the case I really appreciated your products. You guys made this transaction and situation great. I appreciate all the care and concern. You guys dealt with the situation perfectly.

PINSTACK - no explaination needed.
    Last edited by Mr D; 03-13-2008 at 01:36 AM.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    VERY nice. Very in depth. Trust added

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Nice Review Mr. D

You're trackball is all innocent and white. Wish mine was.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    Nice Review Mr. D

You're trackball is all innocent and white. Wish mine was.
    Yeah the BB is only a couple days old because of the exchange.

Why don't you order a new one?
    REVIEW: SEIDIO HOLSTER, BACK DOOR, RUBBERIZED CASE, BEST SKINS EVER!

Contains A LOT of pictures and if you have any questions, let me know!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr D View Post
    Yeah the BB is only a couple days old because of the exchange.

Why don't you order a new one?
    No real point...it'll just get dirty again.

67Mustang no está en línea Stack level 2

Seidio Extended Battery door for Curve

The rubber scratches off too easily on my battery door. I ordered the door and holster fro Seidio... Otherwise - great products.
    See a Complete listing of all Blackberry GPS Software Applications and Reviews at www.OnlyBlackberryGPS.com

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Great review. I wish I had my hard case right now. So, I'm visiting my girlfriend at her university and staying in her dorm, and I figured I'll only be gone for a week and I just wanted to take my Curve around naked. No case. Just a screen protector.

First morning we wake up, she swings off the bed and kicks my baby to the floor. SIGH.

Anyways, threadjack over. Great review, I'm probably going to pick up the back door. I think it'd look great w/ the Titanium also.

Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    Great review. I wish I had my hard case right now. So, I'm visiting my girlfriend at her university and staying in her dorm, and I figured I'll only be gone for a week and I just wanted to take my Curve around naked. No case. Just a screen protector.

First morning we wake up, she swings off the bed and kicks my baby to the floor. SIGH.

Anyways, threadjack over. Great review, I'm probably going to pick up the back door. I think it'd look great w/ the Titanium also.
    Yeah, I'd always pack it regardless.

The Titanium BB goes great with black too...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr D View Post
    Yeah, I'd always pack it regardless.

The Titanium BB goes great with black too...
    The worse thing is, for some reason I kept my Agent18 case on my iPhone (because it's easier to slide off and I don't need to take off the case to do a reset) and the iPhone hasn't even come NEAR the edge of the table. The irony.

I'm browsing Seidio's site right now, have you tried the clear case?

The worse thing is, for some reason I kept my Agent18 case on my iPhone (because it's easier to slide off and I don't need to take off the case to do a reset) and the iPhone hasn't even come NEAR the edge of the table. The irony.

I'm browsing Seidio's site right now, have you tried the clear case?
    No, I haven't. I'd imagine it's like the rubberized case, just with the clear plastic material you get with those type of cases.

Question, you have an iPhone and BB? Why did you choose to do that?

My 8310 is on Tmobile and the iPhone is on AT&T. It started off as a way to cut down overages, because I use the phone a LOT, and most of the people I talk to are/were Cingular or Tmobile. Having 2 lines actually saved me money on overages.

Of course, that was before MyFaves and all that jazz.

I'm actually on the fence about getting a seidio case. I work at a cell phone shop and we sell a lot of accessories. I've used a lot of cases before (I have both the clear case and rubberized case for the Curve) and they're all the same. The Seidio clear case even LOOKS exactly like the cheap ones we have. Even the "tape" looking thing under the clear case is prevalent on both the Seidio and cheap cases. I wish I could find a store that carries Seidio cases in my area (Orange County).

EDIT: Oh, is it REALLY easy to take off the case? The rubberized one I have is a PITA to take off, and I have a routine of doing a battery pull every morning.
    Last edited by ssnxp; 03-13-2008 at 02:06 AM.

My 8310 is on Tmobile and the iPhone is on AT&T. It started off as a way to cut down overages, because I use the phone a LOT, and most of the people I talk to are/were Cingular or Tmobile. Having 2 lines actually saved me money on overages.

Of course, that was before MyFaves and all that jazz.

I'm actually on the fence about getting a seidio case. I work at a cell phone shop and we sell a lot of accessories. I've used a lot of cases before (I have both the clear case and rubberized case for the Curve) and they're all the same. The Seidio clear case even LOOKS exactly like the cheap ones we have. Even the "tape" looking thing under the clear case is prevalent on both the Seidio and cheap cases. I wish I could find a store that carries Seidio cases in my area (Orange County).

EDIT: Oh, is it REALLY easy to take off the case? The rubberized one I have is a PITA to take off, and I have a routine of doing a battery pull every morning.
    Well on the corner of my seidio case it's not exactly snapped on to the max because I have the BSE, but it is still very secure. If you can push and pull , the seidio case is easy to get off. Once one edge is unsnapped, the rest is super easy.

The cellphone shop you works at sells rubberized hard cases like the Seidio ones?

Wasn't myFAVES around before the iPhone came out? lol

Yea, but I actually started my AT&T (Cingular at the time) with a different phone. I've only had the iPhone for a few months.

I switch around phones like crazy. Right now I'm loving the BB + iPhone combination though, takes care of all my needs. The cases at my store arent branded Seidio but they are similar in every way, as far as I can see.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

On your BB browser, go to www.geekandproud.net and install SoftReset. No more battery pulls.

Yea, but I actually started my AT&T (Cingular at the time) with a different phone. I've only had the iPhone for a few months.

I switch around phones like crazy. Right now I'm loving the BB + iPhone combination though, takes care of all my needs. The cases at my store arent branded Seidio but they are similar in every way, as far as I can see.
    Why don't you just stick with the ones at your store then?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast