Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by Stopspam Erica, They stay in business because of the old 80/20 rule: ... Smartphone Reviews forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Stopspam
    Erica,
    They stay in business because of the old 80/20 rule: Statics show that 80% of those who can get rebates either never apply for them or will accept a "reject" notice. In this case Venicom figures that the statics will be in their favor. To hold their feet to the fire EVERYONE that has purchased from Venicom MUST submit the rebate form and contact Tmobile, BBB, AZ Attorney General and Corporation Commission if Venicom doesn't pay up.
    That's crazy. I hope they get their stuff together soon and become better than that.

Stopspam no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Rebate fulfillment and headsup information (Venicom & UShopWireless.com)

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    That's crazy. I hope they get their stuff together soon and become better than that.
    It's up to us, everyone who buys and sells on-line, to make sure that the con artists are weeded out. Venicom will pay the rebates; they just don't want to. By continually putting the pressure on them you'll eventually get your money. The question is, why would you want to do that? You would hope that you fill in the form, mail it in, get your money, end of story. The longer you wait, the better chance you'll give up-that's the Venicom game.

nutzo no está en línea Stack level 1

They finally sent me my rebates.

I called & got someone who was no real help, they just told me that the rebates should be mailed out soon. I politely push & reminded her that this was well pass the 8 weeks stated on the form.

After getting no definate answer on when the rebates would be mailed out, I ended the call by saying if I didn't receive anything in the next 2 weeks I'd be calling back.

The following week, I received 3 sequentially numbered checks, covering my 3 rebates. Guess they finally decided to pay since I wasn't going away.

Stopspam no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by nutzo
    They finally sent me my rebates.

I called & got someone who was no real help, they just told me that the rebates should be mailed out soon. I politely push & reminded her that this was well pass the 8 weeks stated on the form.

After getting no definate answer on when the rebates would be mailed out, I ended the call by saying if I didn't receive anything in the next 2 weeks I'd be calling back.

The following week, I received 3 sequentially numbered checks, covering my 3 rebates. Guess they finally decided to pay since I wasn't going away.
    Good job Nutzo. Hopefully others will read this and keep the pressure on. By the way, check out the Phx AZ BBB. Venicom has 16 registered complaints!! That's outrageous!!! I've done a little research on Venicom. Very hard to nail down who they are or what they do. Depending on what you read they either have 6 locations (including one in Germany, ha!) or one, they have anywhere from 15 to 60 employees, and they represent Tmobile, Cingular, and Verizon. I called them about either getting Cingular or Verizon service and they siad they only have tmo. Also there are lots of dissatisfied Venciom customers hitting the chats and blogs. I think these guys are trouble.

2079611 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EA-FAE

I purchased a Blackberry 8100 also from Venicom on 12/23/06. They never informed me that part of the rebate was after 180 days from them. Remind you now I purchased the phone from Venicom. I sent them all the paperwork 3 times and every time it was returned rejected???? Not a proper bar code?
    This was from them Venicom with all of there papers. Another example of a joke and non payment. I called them several times to no avail. Don't trust them.

Bob D
    New York

erasmiav no está en línea Stack level 1

My rebates have been rejected with a lie. I was extremely meticulous. Have any of you had any luck getting your rebates, and if so, how? Who could I talk to? These people need to be sued in my opinion.

cerastes no está en línea Stack level 1

I waited 4 months after my first rebate was never processed before trying to contact them. I used their website to check on the status of the rebates, noted that they had been received when I sent them, but never heard from them. So after a few months, I figured I'd add some pressure. I emailed them through the website's email interface, and NEVER heard back from them that way.

I called their customer service manager about 3 times and left voicemails (which were never returned), so I wrote them a letter. In the letter I identified which rebates I had failed to receive (ALL of them), and requested that they send them to me. Sure enough, within a week I got all my rebate checks in the mail (in the same envelope, no less).

I think the letter would not have worked either, except that I CCed the Arizona Attorney General, the FTC, the BBB, and T-Mobile. Try this first, and maybe you'll have better luck with Venicom.
    Last edited by cerastes; 03-04-2008 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Forgot to finish it

Sunshyn no está en línea Stack level 2

My experiences aren't specifically about phone rebates. I'm still waiting to hear anything at all about my BB rebate. However, I noticed a disturbing trend that started 2-3 years ago. I used to send for rebates fairly often for equipment purchases for my business and don't recall having received more than maybe 1 suspicious rebate rejection in all the time up until 2-3 years ago.

If anything, my purchase of items using mail order rebates has dropped (not coincidental) over the past few years but at least 50% of the rebates I've sent in for since then have gotten me an initial rejection and wasted a great deal of time between phone calls and having to resubmit the dang things before they would eventually send me the check. Every single error they came up with was absolute bogus! I kept everything well documented and heard mostly claims that we hadn't included some requirement (all photocopied before we mailed them in) to one claim that my purchase date was not within the rebate period (eventually resulting in sending them a fax of their own rebate form to prove the dates they kept claiming as being the time period were wrong!!).

I eventually got every one of those errors worked out but they wasted plenty of my time and left a lasting distaste for both the rebate center and the company who offered it. It's a total scam. Seriously, these places really ought to get hit with some big class action suits. I wonder if enough complaints to the actual companies who use these shady rebate centers might convince them that it's really hurting their own PR.
    I'm not shy. I'm studying my prey.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12