Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just a headsup and a bit of info on my recent rebate situation. If you'll ... Smartphone Reviews forum

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Rebate fulfillment and headsup information (Venicom & UShopWireless.com)

Advertisement

Just a headsup and a bit of info on my recent rebate situation.

If you'll remember back when the 8700g was first released, about 3-4 days prior, the site www.ushopwireless.com was selling it before the release with $100 off via 2 mail-in-rebates. I was one of those that purchased the phone before its release. Per the rebates terms and conditions, it had to be sent in before Sept 30th, one rebate with the bill from the 3rd month and the other with the bill from the 6th month, showing the 180th day of service. Both rebates were for $50. From my date of purchase that would come to Oct 13th.
    Now, let's consider, I bought the 8700g as soon as ushopwireless.com (Venicom) had it for sale. When I sent in the rebate, the last bill available via tmobile.com or the paper bill was the one from the billing period of Aug 13th to Sept 13th. The only way to have that bill of Oct 13th would have been to purchase the phone 2 weeks prior to its release, an impossible feat.
    Today I got the rebate rejection letter in the mail. Now, I'm not drawing any conclusions yet. I spoke to them on the phone and laid out my case. But just a headsup to anyone else that purchase from them or any rebate in general. Keep copies of everything you submit, and do the math.
    On the pro side, the other rebate (the 3rd month one) is still pending, although, they are coming very close to their 6-8 week turnaround time.
    Hopefully I will hear back from them within a week like they said. The lady I spoke to (Debbie) would have to get with her supervisor to research the submission. We'll see how things work out and I'll keep everyone posted.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well I hope they do right by you Ben. I'm sure with the sheer number of visitors Pinstack gets on a daily basis, if things were to NOT go your way, I'm certain they would suffer much more loss of income than the $100 that is rightfully yours!

L.A.Mike no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi BenMarvin

I also spoke with Debbie from Venicom. She was useless. I also purchased a phone in which Venicom were to give me rebates for my MDA. I believe the rebate was a scam from the start. I believe myself to be a street wise person, but I got taken here. I'm still thinking of sueing. I do have copies of all paperwork. I plan to tell everyone I can about this also. Good luck and be aware Venicom in conjunction with T-mobile is promising Nonexisting rebates.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I got my rebate from tmo the other day

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    Just curious if Ben got his money

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Rebate fulfillment and headsup information (Venicom & UShopWireless.com)

Nothing yet. I suppose it would be time to call and bug them again. I wonder why they wouldn't let me talk to a supervisor in the first place.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Did you send an email to them and sign it

Kisses

Ben

?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Did you send an email to them and sign it

Kisses

Ben

?
    Haha, no. Not yet! That's when I've exhausted all avenues and I report them to the BBB and such. And don't worry, I'll post it to my blog if they do get a letter.

*kisses*
    Ben

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Ben,

If they have "corporate offices," a handwritten letter with copies of all paperwork should work like magic.

It's been my experience with other corporations that handwritten "complaint" letters bypass alot of red tape and usually get you the answers, solutions etc., that you want!

Good luck!

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Good luck Ben! We should all write them nasty letters!

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Here's another update. Just gave them a call today. On the first rebate, I got the classic "your check is in the mail" line. Sure.
    On the second "impossible" rebate, the lady I spoke to mumbles something about mismanaged and trying to make sense of the notes on file. Then said she'll send some emails to managers and they need to do more research.
    I'm gonna start calling twice a week if that's what it takes. I don't even care about the $100 anymore, I just want them to admit they were wrong; for the time frame (mailed forms end of sept), and about that impossible rebate.

Stopspam no está en línea Stack level 1

Ben,
    Venicom offers rebates that are more than what they make on commissions from TMoble. Therefore, the only way they make any money is by not processing (rejecting) rebate forms. The Tmo rebate will be paid, because that should come directly from Tmo, but the majority of the rebates come from Venicom directly. These guys are crooks who have a history of not paying their subdealers, not returning calls and trying to cheat the system anyway they can. Check them out on BBB. They have 13 compalints in one year!!!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

That's INSANE. How are they still in business? I almost purchased a phone thru them (a SideKick 2). I am happy I went directly to the T-Mobile store instead.

Stopspam no está en línea Stack level 1

Erika,
    They stay in business because of the old 80/20 rule: Statics show that 80% of those who can get rebates either never apply for them or will accept a "reject" notice. In this case Venicom figures that the statics will be in their favor. To hold their feet to the fire EVERYONE that has purchased from Venicom MUST submit the rebate form and contact Tmobile, BBB, AZ Attorney General and Corporation Commission if Venicom doesn't pay up.

nutzo no está en línea Stack level 1

To check the status of your rebate try the following link.

www-wirelesswebrebates-com

I finally got my 1st rebate approved after it sat for over 3 months.
    After 3 or 4 emails they finally aswered and then approved my 1st rebate.

Looks like I'm now going to have to start emailing them on my overdue 2nd rebate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast