pcworld.com : Prey on Apple's iPhone? You know, Prey. First-person shooter? Vaporware for centuries? (Actually ... Smartphone Reviews forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Prey on Apple's iPhone in a Week or Two

Advertisement

pcworld.com: Prey on Apple's iPhone? You know, Prey. First-person shooter? Vaporware for centuries? (Actually only a decade, but centuries in game years.) Spirit bows? Live "bug" grenades? Guy walks on walls and portal-hops through non-Euclidean space?

It's coming to your iPhone (and, presumably, iPod Touch) in the "next few weeks," according to IGN. Not the original game, if I'm reading the preview correctly (the protagonist starts out in a canyon, not a bar) but something suitably similar inspired by M.C. Escher by way of H.R. Giger.

Good idea? Maybe, maybe not. The original was okay, but approximately 10 years less cool than it would've been had it debuted in 1996. The novelty here's probably less the wall-walking gameplay than market timeliness. How many first-person shooters can you download for the iPhone?

[read more]

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Their next generation smartphone is supposed to have features that will make it the gamers choice...

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Great, now I can miss emergency phone calls when my battery goes dead from gaming on the phone!

zantopad no está en línea Stack level 3
    Look how much screen real estate you have to give up for the clunky touch controls...