Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ size is the biggest difference to me gang-... Smartphone Reviews forum

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Re: Motorola H12 Bluetooth Headset

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ size is the biggest difference to me gang-

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by jscottbarnes View Post
    I too am now using this and have politely laid my h700 in my "stuff" drawer...
    Do you find the sound quality, both incoming and outgoing, to be noticably better then the H700, or is it simply that it has better noise reduction?

How is the volume levels on the H12?

Thanks! (Currently using an H700, and considering the H12)

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i can't actually find my h700. I think it disappeared when I put it in my drawer.

PIN/ID
    No-More

Quote Originally Posted by Shel View Post
    Do you find the sound quality, both incoming and outgoing, to be noticably better then the H700, or is it simply that it has better noise reduction?

How is the volume levels on the H12?

Thanks! (Currently using an H700, and considering the H12)
    i would have to say that both incoming and outgoing are noticeably better - the volume controls are great and intuitive... placed right on top of the device.

the noise reduction is big improvement though... the wife heard me crystal clear, while sitting in a movie - that has been an issue on the h700 on more than one occasion; not to mention in the wind

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I had to retire my H700 as I could never get any good call quality at all when paired with any of my (3) 8320's I've had. Got a Plantronics and not pleased. I'll hafta give this one a look! Thanks Chris!

Chaiyarat no está en línea Stack level 2

How is it compare to the Jawbone, if someone has both?

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Glad u like it cp.. You know me always trying to help a brother out..
    They are both pretty much identical the only thing you really have to consider is the size which makes u look less like a cyborg.

To top it all off the h12 comes with a easy to use charger and charging stand

mcookyconsp no está en línea Stack level 2

Does anyone knows where i can get one?
    Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by mcookyconsp View Post
    Does anyone knows where i can get one?
    Thanx
    Right now, only stores that carry them is ATT.

I ended up getting one, and so far love it!

The sound is excellent. I called my home, and left a voice message, first using my H700, then, during the call, switching to the H12, and then, for good measure, speaking directly on my Pearl, without a bluetooth headset.

I know this isn't a scientific test, but the sound quality was vastly improved on the H12 over my H700, and I think I would even have had difficulty knowing when I was on the headset and when I was speaking directly into the phone!!

Accessories are also very nice, although the carrying case/charger is on the large side. Really like the desk charger, how it uses a magnet to make the connection with the H12 and hold it in place.

I also appreciate the VERY small blue light on this phone... it isn't distracting, like many other headset blinking lights...

Haven't really tested it in noisy environs... I'll have to do that next.

Figure I have 30 days to decide, but so far, I really like the H12.

PIN/ID
    No-More

Nice mini-review Shel... i agree with all your points... it is a sweet addition to my accessory collection as well - - -

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

hpak no está en línea Stack level 3

Okay gang,

Got a question. I currently have the h700 & am pretty pleased with it, but on occasion there's a lag between when calls come in and my h700 ringing as well as a lag when I try to answer. Now, I was looking at picking up a jawbone for the superb noise cancellation and reliability. Also am considering the motorola s9 stereo bt headset. Now comes along the h12!!!

So the question is this.....should I stick to the h700 for now & pick up the s9 or pick up either the jawbone or h12??? If the later, does anyone have a comparison of the two???

As always, thanks for your help!!!!

Aloha,

~H~

Quote Originally Posted by hpak View Post
    Okay gang,

So the question is this.....should I stick to the h700 for now & pick up the s9 or pick up either the jawbone or h12??? If the later, does anyone have a comparison of the two???

Aloha,

~H~
    You are kind of comparing apples to oranges, with the S9.

The S9 is for listening to music, if your device supports that feature. I have a Pearl, so as of now, it won't work on an S9 (well, it won't send stereo music, which is really the point of the S9)

The S9 is rather large, wrapping around your neck, and (I would think) not what most people would get as a stand alone bluetooth for use only to make and receive calls. For stereo, it's gotten excellent reviews. The other two models you mention are what I'd call high end, noise reduction headsets for phone use only.

Between the Jawbone and the H12, in my opinion, if you are usually in very noisy environments, the Jawbone might win. Haven't owned a Jawbone to do a side by side test, but as far as incoming sound, when I tried the Jawbone, it sounded mechanical or digital, not sure how to explain it exactly. The H12 (to ME, using the Pearl) sounds excellent as far as incoming sound goes. It is as good or perhaps even better then listening to the Pearl itself.

I am currently out of town, in Lake Arrowhead. Used the H12 in a noisy coffee shop, and spoke with my better half. I asked her how I sounded, and she said fine, why? (She is VERY critical of blue tooth headsets in the past... often asking me to remove the headset and take the phone if I want to talk to her!) This wasn't nightclub noise levels, but it was very loud chatter. Worked great, easy to hear, and, apparently easy to be heard.

It also gets very windy up here at times. I took the opportunity to call my home phone and leave myself a message during a particularly windy period. You definitely heard a rustling noise in the background, but you also could hear what I was saying. Would I want to listen to someone on an H12 for a long period of time, in the wind? NO. Could I hold a short conversation, and get a quick message across in the wind on the H12? Yeah.... These were really more extreme winds then I'm usually experiencing day to day.

I choose the H12 over the Jawbone simply because of size, and ease of putting it on and off. I never did purchase a Jawbone, simply because of it's size. I'm just not in noisy environments often enough to justify the added size and (slight) difficulty of putting it on and taking it off.

The H12 also seems to be well built, with quality materials. Wish the ear bud was a little more comfortable. I tried the Plantronics 855 out (before realizing that the 8100 doesn't support stereo bluetooth), and the ear bud fit in my ear canal perfectly, held the headset firmly in place without an ear hook, and was comfortable as well. Wish the H12 had a similar ear bud. The H12 doesn't go into your ear canal as far, so it's not as firmly kept in place. I might check out what other ear buds would work with the H12, although, it isn't like it's a major issue.

ATT gives 30 days return, I'd suggest anyone seriously thinking of getting a high end headset check the H12 out.

crossilcm no está en línea Stack level 2

I work in a very noisy environment. I have used the Jawbone for a while. I love it's noise cancelling, but it's just not comfortable enough. I was excited about the H12. Like everyone said, it's super comfortable and I thought incoming sound was great. But people said I was cutting out a lot when I was in the shop. I went back to the Jawbone. It was a tough decision, but there was no comparison with the background noise cancelling. Again, I work in a VERY noisy environment. ATT took it back without a problem. I would still recommend it to others.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

I just picked up the H12 today. Spent a few minutes waffling between the Jawbone and the H12. I don't work in a very noisy environment, so I didn't need the Jawbone's feature as much. Based on the store rep's rundown of the two, I went with the H12 based on its size.

Very happy with it so far. Been using it about 8 hours now. It charged up quickly at the office. The two chargers you get with the phone are very nice looking, particularly the desktop option.

Unlike my old H700, which seemed to have issues at times with my Pearl, this one works like a champ. I also like how the earpiece fits "in" the ear rather than "on" it like H700 and H850 did. There were times when I used those two that the earpiece would "lift" away and I couldn't hear the caller. The volume controls were awkward, too. And I could never seem to manage call waiting very well with them.

The H12 has been great so far, managing incoming calls is a snap, the mute function is easy to work, and the call quality on both ends appears to be excellent. I had to tell someone that I was using the Headset before they realized the difference, thats how nice the sound quality is.

I'm tempted to do a "return" swap for the Jawbone just to try it out and see the difference, but I like the H12 enough that I doubt I'll bother. The size, convenience, and excellent call quality make this one a worthwhile headset.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i just got the h12, hoiw do you turn on the noise canceling option, I know in jawbone you press a button, but I can find the button on the h12, my wife hears the background noise, anyone please help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12