Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I know what you're thinking, "ANOTHER review?!" This one will be quick, I promise. A ... Smartphone Reviews forum

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

Mini Review: Seidio Case + Battery Door bundle (Curve)

Advertisement

I know what you're thinking, "ANOTHER review?!" This one will be quick, I promise. A little background: I work at a small cellphone accessory shop, so I can get a lot of these cases for free. However, they're usually cheap, no brand cases and I wanted to try something nicer (Seidio).

Small part of my collection: Seidio, Random Smoke/Clear Case, Random Black Rubberized, OEM Blackberry Silicone Skin.

These are only a few of the cases I've been through, but I think they represent most of the different kinds. Hard plastic, Hard rubberized, and the Silicone/rubber skin. Personally, I hate the silicone skins. They get dust and lint on them like no other, and they just don't feel very.. protective.

Seidio Hard Rubberized Case

So far, I like it. It's a pretty nice upgrade from the No-Name rubberized hard case. It feels thinner and lighter, and it's much easier to snap OFF. Taking OFF the case was one of my main concerns, as I like to do a physical battery pull/reset every morning. The case feels secure. I also like how the top part curves a bit, shows a littler "personality".. it that makes any sense. One thing I would change though, you can't really see it on the pictures above, but my smoke case indents a little bit around the mute button. As I choose to put my phone on standby rather than lock the keyboard, this is very convenient. Small detail, but it would have been nice on the Seidio too. Overall, I like the Seidio case. 9/10

Battery Door

The Curve's loud speaker is louder than any of my phone's speakers. That's saying a lot, because I go through a lot of phones. The Seidio battery door made it even better. It's not so much LOUDER as it is CLEARER, which is wonderful. The grip feels nice, it makes my Curve feel less "precious" and fragile. Really no complaints here. 10/10

Overall I think these are quality accessories, although they're a bit pricey. The Seidio case definitely beats out the No-Name rubberized case. I think it's on par with the No-Name Smoke case, though. (Those are both from different No-Name companies.. lol)

I hope that was understandable and coherent, I'm very tired right now.
    This review was written for the people on the fence about buying one of these cases. If you can get another one for a lower price, go for it. There isn't a huge difference in quality. I'm sure Seidio has much better customer service than some random kiosk at the mall, though. I would definitely recommend this case. I just wish they would lower the price a bit.
    Last edited by ssnxp; 03-20-2008 at 07:17 PM.

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~awesome thanks does the ruberized case make the curve bulkier like mosy see thru cases do?

A tiny bit, but it's not as bad as some other cases. This one is pretty thin.
    Also, the clear hard case from Seidio is advertised to be only a millimeter thick.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=786

That might suit your needs. (:

Mr D no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Instead of doing a battery pull each morning you should get a program called "soft reset for blackberry pearl".

Its just like a battery pull.

Nice review btw!

As for the standby button at the top...under what conditions will the phone turn back on?

Only if you get a call or if you press the mute button again. I know the soft reset program works, but I've HEARD (mere speculation here) that it's not the same.

koala07 no está en línea Stack level 1
    you can do a hard reset by pushing alt+caps+del at the same time instead of pulling out the battery

basicsin no está en línea Stack level 1
    I was thinking about buying this from seido but have held off...reason being, I'm interested in the 2600 mah battery and door combo they offer. BUT its kind of crazy they haven't made a hard rubber case for curves that actually have the extended battery door cover on! So for me it is pointless.. Actually no one makes a hard case for extended bb's at all, what a crock of... :/

Nice review btw lol.

And I second the alt+caps+del hard reset, just as effective as a battery pull.

Quote Originally Posted by koala07 View Post
    you can do a hard reset by pushing alt+caps+del at the same time instead of pulling out the battery
    Thanks! I forgot about that combination.

Quote Originally Posted by basicsin View Post
    I was thinking about buying this from seido but have held off...reason being, I'm interested in the 2600 mah battery and door combo they offer. BUT its kind of crazy they haven't made a hard rubber case for curves that actually have the extended battery door cover on! So for me it is pointless.. Actually no one makes a hard case for extended bb's at all, what a crock of... :/

Nice review btw lol.

And I second the alt+caps+del hard reset, just as effective as a battery pull.

Thank you. Have you tried a silicone case on it? Or mabye.. cutting out the part of the hard case that goes over the battery? LOL You never know..

geekwithswag no está en línea Stack level 1
    Also I tmobile just released an amazing hard case from a companmy called "speck" its thin light weight and it also have a screen protector the case comes in clear , clear blue and clear pink very nice and only 9.99

Quote Originally Posted by geekwithswag View Post
    Also I tmobile just released an amazing hard case from a companmy called "speck" its thin light weight and it also have a screen protector the case comes in clear , clear blue and clear pink very nice and only 9.99
    Are you talking about the hard cases? If so, they're actually $19.99 on the website.

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/addons/...ategorycode=21

They look incredibly tacky though, imo.

jjspigland no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24337B15
    Just wanna say that I bought a crimson rubberized case and screen protector from Sedio about a month ago. I absolutely LOVE it! I do wish that the screen protector was larger so that it completely covered the front up to the edge or under the sedio case.

I didn't know about the caps+alt+del hard reset, thanks!

shaunslastname no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just ordered a rubberized battery door cover for my 8310 but I received an email from Seidio stating that the item is on back-order after they have taken payment. Does anyone find this a little odd coming from the manufacturer?

Quote Originally Posted by shaunslastname View Post
    I just ordered a rubberized battery door cover for my 8310 but I received an email from Seidio stating that the item is on back-order after they have taken payment. Does anyone find this a little odd coming from the manufacturer?
    Yea that's a bit odd, I've never been told an item was out of stock and had the payment go through.. I dunno, mabye they're expecting more soon?

shaunslastname no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thats the odd part payment even has posted to my account.:cry: Not a big deal seeing on how this seems to be turning into a real hot product. I guess I just wanted to check to see if other people have ordered and experienced anything similar. But Cant wait ...should be a whole lot better than the holes I drilled into my pearl to get the sound to be clearer! lol

Quote Originally Posted by shaunslastname View Post
    But Cant wait ...should be a whole lot better than the holes I drilled into my pearl to get the sound to be clearer! lol
    LOL Haha! No doubt! I hope it gets there soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast