Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I had really high hopes for this case. I figured with most slide-in cases (I ... Smartphone Reviews forum

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

Lightning Review: Seidio Innocase Surface II 8900

Advertisement

I had really high hopes for this case. I figured with most slide-in cases (I had a bunch for my iPhones) eventually the phone would get a LITTLE scratched up from the case. However, after taking the phone in and out of the case 3 times, I had already noticed 2 scuff marks on either side of my bezel.

The case feels nice, for sure. Much classier feeling than the generic snap on plastic cases (which I love, pretty much).
    The outside lip around the keyboard is pulled farther back than on my clear case, so typing is a bit easier. Big plus.
    The case leaves all the buttons open, which is pretty standard.
    There is felt inside the BACK of the case, which I suppose prevents scratching up the battery cover and the back of the bottom cover.

Overall: 7/10
    If it didn't scratch up my bezel, it woul be a 9/10.

Ask away if you have any questions, I know this review wasn't very thorough.

The case can be found here.

Last edited by ssnxp; 02-23-2009 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Accidentally posted before finishing..
    -Tim

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i like the case itself and the slide in from bottom/top is unique. does it fit tight and secure? do you have any invisible skins on the berry itself?

GREAT review ... you know we love the pics

It's pretty secure. No wobble or squeakage. I don't have any skins on it, but I would think that (if you're like me) taking the case off every day to clean it and the phone.. Eventually the skin would peel off or be damaged.

It's a pretty tight fit, lol. Everyone loves pictures!
    -Tim

sparkyj62 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    I liked the case on my 8320 but that to scuffed it up from the dirt getting in between the case and the phone even when i cleaned it at least once a day... I was thinking about getting the invisible shield from zagg and then possibly getting the case down the road... Is that going over board? lol...

Not really, I usually try more than once case for any of my phones. Hopefully it'll fit in whatever case you're getting WITH the skin!
    -Tim

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Thanks for the review Tim As usual great work !

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Great review. I'm really considering getting one for my 9000. I have an Otter Box but it won't fit into any of the sleeves or holsters I have and it won't easily fit into the holster that came with it.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

lsu4lif3 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    that looks really sharp
    Never give up...you can always make a difference

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Great review. I'm really considering getting one for my 9000. I have an Otter Box but it won't fit into any of the sleeves or holsters I have and it won't easily fit into the holster that came with it.
    You can try this one: http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/csr2bb9000-bk.htm
    Pretty much the snap-on version of the one I reviewed. However, since it's a rubbery textured feel, it's a bit harder to remove from a holster.

It would be easier with a plain old hard plastic case like this one: http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/csc2bb9000-cl.htm

But yea, if you really want to holster it WITH a case, make sure there's a little bit of wiggle room in the holster when the phone is naked. Leather will usually stretch out a little to accommodate the larger size, though. If holstering is a big deal, the hard plastic would make your life easier.
    -Tim

PIN/ID
    nada
    Thanks for the info Tim. What I did with my curve is stretch the leather slip case out so it would house my curve WITH the seidio case on it. I dont really like holsters because they catch on everything. I prefer just to put it in a sleeve and in my pocket. I just have to find one that I can stretch out large enough to fit a Bold with an innocase on it-lol.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Thanks for the info Tim. What I did with my curve is stretch the leather slip case out so it would house my curve WITH the seidio case on it. I dont really like holsters because they catch on everything. I prefer just to put it in a sleeve and in my pocket. I just have to find one that I can stretch out large enough to fit a Bold with an innocase on it-lol.
    Hey G! I have a brand new, unopened Innocase for a Bold if you're interested. Even bought three Seidio screen-savers along with it. Lemme know!

BamaFan2989 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask :)
    I don't think I am an idiot, but how do you get this damn Innocase off, lol.

I can't get it off to clean my phone.

PIN/ID
    nada
    If its anything like the hard rubberized case I had for my Curve, and snaps together, you just have to pull it apart. The fisrt few times are really hard, then as the locking ears get worn,its a lot easier. Really tough at first.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFan2989 View Post
    I don't think I am an idiot, but how do you get this damn Innocase off, lol.

I can't get it off to clean my phone.
    On the back, near the bottom you should see a little clip above the battery latch. Press that DOWN, and then slide the bottom piece off. Slide the top piece off.

If its anything like the hard rubberized case I had for my Curve, and snaps together, you just have to pull it apart. The fisrt few times are really hard, then as the locking ears get worn,its a lot easier. Really tough at first.
    It's actually a little different for the 8900; instead of having front and back pieces that snap together, this case actually has top and bottom pieces that slide over the phone.
    -Tim

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    That looks really nice. Great review Tim . I want a new bb but my bb does everything I need atm but I really want a new bb
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast