Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Maybe we should copy that lead of Sprint and call it the "Why?" phone.... Smartphone Reviews forum

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Advertisement

Maybe we should copy that lead of Sprint and call it the "Why?" phone.

blacktouch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7B30C2E9
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~great review I was thinking about getting one but the only thing that was stopping me was using itunes I hate itunes but after reading this review I don't think I will ever get one. You do forget about all the good things your bb does when you see a new toy lol.you forgot all about the customizations that you can do with it.

glenbrgss no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    218EFC5B
    This review has helped, and at the same time confused me! I have a device upgrade due on my wireless plan next month, and I was planning on getting the long awaited Bold! After reading the review of the Bold on BGR, I had 2nd thoughts, and turned my attention to the new 3g Iphone! Of course I have heard and read about the up's and down's of bb vs iphone, and its still a big question mark to me!I have been a Blackberry user for close to 3yrs now and love every aspect of what it offers, but never used for business purposes! "Now this is where it gets confusing for me!" I have had abt 6 different models of bb's (from 7100t to an 8310) and I am use to the functionality of these devices, but after reading losts of posts and threads, most people that don't like the iphone don't like it because of the differences in the business functions! As I stated I don't use my bb for business purposes at all, so I'm wondering if the iphone will be better for me as a non- business user? This review has provided information that will help me in my decision making, and trust me, I'm going to think long and hard about my decision! I'm not jumping ship yet, but RIM has come along way with its operating systems and intergration for the non-business bb users and I'm not sure if I'm ready to give up on what I've been use to for the last 3yrs! Thanks again for the un-bias review!!

Jazzyl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521CB60
    Quote Originally Posted by varinius View Post

The first impressions of an schizophrenic iPhone :-)
    TRUE DAT LOL

AKCHRIS93 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2447BCA1
    Yeah Man That was A Good Review. I understand he fact that you wanted too see what All the Hype was over the Iphone. Its a Ok Phone But by No means user friendly in My book not too mention the fact that their isn't a lot of Apps for it like there is For the BB. As far as BES is Concerned I'm using the BIS, so I don't really no Much about that, But What I would have suggested is Y don't you Wait Till the Thunder Comes out. Althought I'm Not sure if you Said Which Carrier you Where With. But I think That the Thunder IS a CDMA shame too Since I was Looking 4ward Too getting it but found out it was A Non GSM phone But that's Ok,I'm looking 4ward too getting the Bold, So Nice review Man And Hope too See ya Back in The BB family lol if u don't have too worry bout the cancellation fees LOL

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~great review, I can't even imagine myself now without a Blackberry.

danger872 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2401D9F3
    Great Review.....i went threw the same thing mang.......iphone is not what u think it is.....BB for Life...lol

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by glenbrgss View Post
    This review has helped, and at the same time confused me! I have a device upgrade due on my wireless plan next month, and I was planning on getting the long awaited Bold! After reading the review of the Bold on BGR, I had 2nd thoughts, and turned my attention to the new 3g Iphone! Of course I have heard and read about the up's and down's of bb vs iphone, and its still a big question mark to me!I have been a Blackberry user for close to 3yrs now and love every aspect of what it offers, but never used for business purposes! "Now this is where it gets confusing for me!" I have had abt 6 different models of bb's (from 7100t to an 8310) and I am use to the functionality of these devices, but after reading losts of posts and threads, most people that don't like the iphone don't like it because of the differences in the business functions! As I stated I don't use my bb for business purposes at all, so I'm wondering if the iphone will be better for me as a non- business user? This review has provided information that will help me in my decision making, and trust me, I'm going to think long and hard about my decision! I'm not jumping ship yet, but RIM has come along way with its operating systems and intergration for the non-business bb users and I'm not sure if I'm ready to give up on what I've been use to for the last 3yrs! Thanks again for the un-bias review!!
    You always have the "remorse" period of 30 days (up from 14 i think) to decide whether to keep it or not.

I think you more or less HAVE to get it for a couple weeks to actually get the day-to-day feel of what it will be like. Trying it out in the store or trying a friend's iPhone just does not cut it since you don't have to deal with the nuances of setting it up, syncing it, pushing emails/contacts/calendar, downloading apps, actually getting messages and replying, making calls at home in bed, at work, in the car, etc.

And I think if you port your number over, you can always re-activate with your previous carrier (not sure if they will just continue your contract where you left off or actually make you re-up another 2 years...hopefully the former).

The first day I had it, I still carried my BB around and actually put the SIM in it a couple times (unlocked t-mo branded 8320) to make calls and such since until I could figure out how to sync my contacts wirelessly (ie without installing itunes on my work laptop).

medleyml no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30503A19
    I have been tempted too to switch for the iphone. But it seems like the several times I have jumped ship I keep coming back to BB. They just work! Maybe the Bold or Thunder will cure the desire to ever have any other device! By the way good review. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I am so glad I never wasted my time!
    Last edited by thbassman; 07-26-2008 at 04:53 PM. Reason: sp
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

BBP
    BBP no está en línea Stack level 3
    I agree it take time to get used to something new...I had a curve then I now got 8820 I thought it was big but now I LOVE IT!!!

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Great review. Only thing about BB I hate is the memory leaks. Hello BB! More memory please!!

spike41615 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BD9F4
    I picked up an iphone 3g on opening day and have loved every minute of it. I used to hate iTunes/apple...but as i used it more i started liking it more and more. At times i miss being a little faster in typing on the BB qwerty. BUt i love the eye candy of the iphone OS hands down best os. Safari rocks. The app store is awesome. I like how it ties in with my mac which RIM continues to ignore all together. I have also had mobile me since the 11th and have been lucky enough to not have a single problem with it. Jailbroken it is even better. People dogging on jailbreaking are seriously retarded and dont know what they're talking about when they complaing about "voiding" their warranty. It is literally impossible to brick one for good. IF it does get bricked somehow you can always reconnect to iTunes and restore....ALWAYS.

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Excellent review! If I had at&t I would just have both honestly. Haha. But Verizon does me just fine.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

chenoda no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2431E077
    Quote Originally Posted by VETT98 View Post
    if APPLE wanted to make a iphone to kill BB they COULD,
    I doubt it... last weekend I was talking with my brother who's a huge Apple supporter and we were speaking of this very thing. People need to stop spouting off about "iphone killers", or "Blackberry killers", because among the true fans, there will always be those who prefer Apple, or those who prefer RIM. There's even some out there who like both. Stating one will come up with a phone to "kill" the other's business is like saying Coke is going to put out a soda that "kills" Pepsi. It just ain't gonna happen.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast