Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

To clarify why I got the iphone...I really was curious why it was so popular ... Smartphone Reviews forum

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

To clarify why I got the iphone...I really was curious why it was so popular to the point that people were standing in line for it and whatnot. I admit I jumped on the bandwagon because I thought that a CELL PHONE that people would do stupid things for, there would have to be some great reason for doing so.

A couple more positives on the iPhone...

- App store is actually very convenient (except for the fact you ahve to use iTunes)

- Unlike the BB 9000, this thing is out NOW. if the 9000 was out now, I would have used my ETF-free window and gotten that instead. I really don't understand what is taking RIM so long to get the 9000 out, especially if we are to believe that it was 3 years in the making.

and a negative about the iphone (that my buddy said he wanted it for)... when surfing websites, you will almost have to use 2 hands in order to hold the phone while navigating/zooming in and out. This does not allow you to have a free hand to...er...do other things with. I warned him about this limitation and he was all down about it.

Seriously though, even if someone is coming from a regular phone to an iPHone, it's a nice phone but this thing is NOT worth standing in line for hours to get. I can understand standing in line for food, water, shelter, sex, etc...but for a freakin' phone? No wonder the people who have them are so gung-ho defensive about it...they had to stand in line to get one so of course they're going to defend something they had to suffer to get. I wonder if this is actually part of Apple's strategy, make people work (either stand in line, wait, check availability every night, etc.) to get something so they appreciate it more.

letstlk70 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    215B2775
    Honestly the iphone is very appealing as far as the entertainment side,but I will stick with my bb curve because I feel as far as my business is concerned my bb curve keeps me in touch and up to date like a true business work horse should. I love flashy,fun, new toys like the next guy but that won't take the place of my bb I need more then just a toy. My bb is like my assistant.

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Thanks for the great review. I was also tempted to pick one up and after reading a few articles about it...I passed. My BB fits my lifestyle much better and I like that it's easy to use. I did want to be able to have the all in one iPod and phone, but when I went to play with one when they 1st gen came out, I didn't like the screen functionality. No stylus or fingernail touch. For women sometimes that is a must! It is a great idea but my BB is just fine. I wait for the Bold and the Thunder and maybe upgrade at that time.

I got to play with a friends Instinct. Didn't like it at all. Screen was really touchy and every time I touched the screen I could feel the mechanics inside working. It kinda shuddered like a a small surge. While I was playing around with it, it shut off a few times. He likes it but he just switched from a Treo. I tried to convert him to the BB way of life but the glitz of the touchscreen got him in the end.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

r1ch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I have 1st gen 8GB iPhone and 8310. I carry both with me daily and since I installed 8GB card into curve I only use iPhone for the gym and internet banking.
    My gripe is the inability to stream music wirelessly from iPhone which is where the curve saves the day. I love the fact that I can stream straight from curve to car stereo without taking BB out of my pocket! Crazy thing was yesterday I set up moodio on curve and streamed Hot97 out in vegas to my car stereo and I'm in the UK!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    mrdeeno,

Thanks for the nice review and good luck with the new phone. It's a very well-written work. I'll be interested to see if it works out long term for you or if you return to BB with one of the soon-to-be-out 3g devices.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    I enjoyed your review. Very detailed.

Yeah the iphone is a little more consumer base and a great stepping stone to a device such as a blackberry. (At least that's my opinion). As time goes on the blackberry will evolve just like the iphone will in time.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

r1ch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Still waiting for copy and paste and true multi-tasking between apps.

shockel5000 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21066FE2
    Great review man. It really helps to that you had a curve so its more specific. I have a curve and just recently updated the OS and now I definitely see no need to switch to the iphone.

mjkone no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyryerson View Post
    i had an iphone i like bb but iphone is wy more customizable i had xbox playstion and gameboy on mine i had an app that let u use any number in the world and disguise your voice and alot of themes so its not really an up but bb is stil way better
    Am I the only one who found the part where he is disguising his voice kinda creepy? I hope he doesn't end up on a 20/20 special.

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3
    I guess the best advice that we should all take is wait until the next generation of Blackberries come out before committing to a non-BB device such as the iPhone. I think the Bold will be the Blackberry man's (and woman's) answer to a more consumer-friendly device without giving up the things that we currently take for granted that a BB offers but other devices don't.

Threekings no está en línea Stack level 3
    Good to know, thanks for the review. Curve for me until Thunder time!

genodelick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24774EF6
    Quote Originally Posted by drdoom23 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~man great review good luck with it lol I'm tryin to persuade my brother away from the iphone and join the bb nation
    I'm trying to do the same with my sister, and the most possible thing is that she join us, the light side of smartphones!!!!Long live the all mighty BlackBerry

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have to admit I'm a bit disillusioned by the "launch" of the Bold in Aus (only for Media and RIM resellers in the latest article I read). And my provider's plans for the Iphone look pretty tempting. But after reading the review I thing I can wait til September.

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by VETT98 View Post
    well i tell u i got BB & IPHONE and they are both great phones,i seems to me only BB users are worried about the iphone. because over at the APPLE IPHONE forum they dont even talk at all about BB,look the demand for the iphone is so high that no stores have them fri or sat,that should tell us BB users how good the iphone is,NEVER NEVER saw or heard people wait in lines for BB. SOLD OVER 1 MILLION IPHONES in 3days wow,never seen that with RIM,if APPLE wanted to make a iphone to kill BB they COULD,but they dont,their not interested in BB at all,APPLE CAN BUY RIM,with petty cash.
    bb users aren't worried about the iphone. it's another smartphone and the only one on the market that even compares to a bb so that's why people are interested in it. no one thinks that apple is dominating the smartphone market, even apple. although steve jobs might be that delisuional, you never know.

demand for the iphone isn't as high as apple would have you believe. they purposely limited the amount availible to make it appear that there is more demand than there is. the sales for the first weekend weren't that impressive either when compared to the 1st gen. the first iphone sold 700k in the us in one weekend. the 3g sold 1mil (300k more) in 21 countries with an extra 8 hours of sale times. not impressed.

apple also has their fan base that will love whatever they get from apple. i read a rss feed the other day and i was rolling laughing over the comments. apple iphone users freaking out and making a huge deal over features that apple released that have been on other phones for years. OMG COLORED PLASTIC!!!!!!! 3rd party apps!!! apple is so innovative!!!!! lulz

really though, the iphone is a cool phone, but it can't compete with the pure functionality of the bb.

JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by kieranwest View Post
    Great review, and no worries a MOD will move it to the appropriate forum
    I second this motion. Awesome review!! Although I'd never get an Iphone, this reinforced my decision. TYVM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast