Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ mrdeeno I want to thank you for taking the time to write ... Smartphone Reviews forum

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    mrdeeno I want to thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive essay in regard to this matter.
    As Cherri's indicated above, it's very tempting to consider jumping ship when a product so consumer oriented and seemingly popular is introduced. However, with the information you've provided, along with all of the trouble Apple's having with MobileMe, and my confidence that RIM's future product introductions will incorporate very competitive features, I will continue to maintain my confidence in the Blackberry product and enjoy their exclusive use.
    Once again, thanks for such an informative and enriching expose.

mrfidget no está en línea Stack level 2
    Another drawback of the iphone is that a person with large hands like myself cannot type on it at all~via 8310 (wap.pinstack.com)~

varinius no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

The first impressions of an schizophrenic iPhone :-)
    BlackBerry® Bold™ OS 4.6.0.126 (243) | DM 4.6 | BES 4.1.6 | BIS 2.5

Dr. BlackBerry®World

http;//www.blackberryworld.eu

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    well i tell u i got BB & IPHONE and they are both great phones,i seems to me only BB users are worried about the iphone. because over at the APPLE IPHONE forum they dont even talk at all about BB,look the demand for the iphone is so high that no stores have them fri or sat,that should tell us BB users how good the iphone is,NEVER NEVER saw or heard people wait in lines for BB. SOLD OVER 1 MILLION IPHONES in 3days wow,never seen that with RIM,if APPLE wanted to make a iphone to kill BB they COULD,but they dont,their not interested in BB at all,APPLE CAN BUY RIM,with petty cash.
    Mike

smitty24 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I happened to defected the other way - from the iPhone(1st Gen) to a Curve; within the last week and love it - I have had Tmobile for 2.5 years now, and my iPhone was unlocked for tmobo, but i couldnt resist the BB - and im glad i switched. There is only 1 thing i miss from the iphone but the rest of the features of the Curve make up for it.

Its the lack of auto find wifi - if a connection was within reach, it would prompt to connect, which i like, but the ability to copy and paste makes up for that.

Overall im very satsified with the Curve and hope to be around here for a while.

thanks for listening!

Last edited by smitty24; 07-26-2008 at 09:23 AM.

thamessenger no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EEF990
    excellent review. keep palying around with it though, as if it was your bb. and give us an update in a week or so..... what about programs?? what type of things are actually cool about this device...? (that aren't listed in the review already...lol) why would a person want this phone over a bb??

bluefairy1971 no está en línea Stack level 3
    That was a really honest review, open minded. I read it outloud to my berry family and one of my teen daughters was ike yeah he is right the touchscreen is not that easy when she used her friends iphone. And we do have more stuff than iphone has.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    Great review... I agree with a lot of what you've noted. Don't see a conversion from me anytime soon

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

dj flyy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244ac444

On a family vacation, my uncle works for Apple, and his whole family has an iPhone..

Your review was phenomenal. Unlike my dear uncle, you're willing to cnsider the positive capabilities of BOTH devices. That poor man was so stuck to "my way or the high way" with that iPhone, I had to walk away.

My friend bought an iPhone, and the entire time I was saying, are you sure you don't wanna try an 8310? 'Nah, I'm good'. Okayy..... Well two months later he switched, and I have him quoted,

Bb for life can't nevahh change

Now he's more excited for the bold than I am....

Let us know how you feel about the phone another week or so into your relationship.
    --
    dj flyy

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Great review!

This re-assures all the reasons why I would NEVER pick up an iphone.

I saw a man the other day with an iphone, and when he got a message (like you said) he went through this whole laborious process just to check his mail. Re-diculous! Blackberry might not have the exterior beauty that an iphone has, but quality, working capability, and efficiency are paramount.

I don't think many, if any smart phone can top a blackberry. I forsee the iphone sales dropping drastically after a couple years. People will become way to accustomed to the iphone and realise that after the glitz and glamour, well, there really isn't much quality content.

Meh....over it!

rmerck no está en línea Device Pro
    I'm a professional, not a trendsetter.

I feel like a child holding an iPhone, and I'd feel like a childish tool with one on my hip.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."
    Jesus, Luke 22:36

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
    Gen. John Pershing, U.S. Army

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    I actually slmost got an iPhone myself, buddy of mine works at a store and asked me if he wanted to hold on to one of them for me. I was sorely tempted, so I took the chance and got ahold of it. 2 days later, it was back in the box, and I was all over my pearl.

I can't even set up my email that easily with the iPhone, and even though the music player on the iPhone is a lot better than on my pearl, I can actually type stuff out on my pearl without looking, which is a good skill when you are talking to people at the same time.

Customization is nil on the iPhone unless you jailbreak it, and as soon as you do, you can kiss your warranty good-bye. It defeats the purpose of customizing it.

The iPhone looks good and does what it's meant to do well (surf internets, look shiney), but at the end of the day, I can't live without my blackberry pearl (whose pearl is actually green!)

soraya no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24642C60
    Said like a true expert and I could not agree more!!! iPhones are cool and glamorous and a complete biggie for users that come from ordinary mobile phones, but for a true BB lover, user and abuser an iPhone just can't measure up to our standards. With all these OS updates I've done terrible things to my 8310 and it's survived every single one... I wonder if the iPhone could pass a test like that??? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

soraya no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24642C60
    ... And by the way, for those of you tempted to get an iPhone, do what I did and get an iPod Touch, it's basically the same thing, except without the phone and camera. That should calm your urge. It did for me. =). ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I thought the article was very informative. Different people have different tastes phone wise, but I do have to say one thing, I am sitting in a waiting room at a car dealership, getting work done on my car, along with myself, their are two other gentlemen typing away on their what, BLACKBERRY!!!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by moses2628; 07-26-2008 at 02:50 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast