Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi everyone. I have had a few requests for a review and i feel like ... Smartphone Reviews forum

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

iPhone Review

Advertisement

Hi everyone. I have had a few requests for a review and i feel like writing one to compare the iphone to the pearl. So, let's get started!

Sms- It is actualy very cool how it is set up. It is meant to look like ichat with the bubbles and all.

Calendar- Actually pretty neat app. it is the usual calendar app besides that and the cool thing is that it has like a turn wheel to set the time and date. The only bad thing is it doesn't pop up and alert you like the pearl did.

Photos- Very cool. You can change from picture to picture by moving your finger in the direction you would like to go in the album. I also think it is cool how you can enlarge the picture with your fingers and move them out.

Camera- It is 2.1 mexapixels i believe i may be wrong. It takes great pictures in light but has no flash so you can only image how bad pictures are in low light.

YouTube- This is a great feature that the phone has. You can search for music videos look for popular videos and more which is really convienient. When using EDGE is it sort of slow and pixel like when the video plays which I can live with. I connected to the wireless from my house and the loading speeds were much faster and the picture was crystal clear.

Stocks- I haven't used it at all since i have no need for it but it looks as if it just updates the stocks for you and all.

Maps- It is google maps pretty much and it is sort of like google earth too which is very neat and you can search for an Apple store in the area and it will find it for you which is neat.

Weather- It is just like the weather widget on the macs and you can pick as many locations you want and flip through them.

Clock- There is a world clock, alarm,stopwatch, and a timer which are self explanitory.

Calculator- The usual calculator.

Notes- The same as the memo application on the pearl.

Email- It is decent my only problem with it is that you have to check the mail in order for it to come in it just doesn't come in on its own.

Edit**For the email I just realized you can set it to check for email after 15 min and more times so that is ok.

Safari- this is really great. It is very cool how it can enlarge when you turn the screen and you can zoom in on the webpage which is really nice and makes it so easy to see. It also loads the full page unlike the pearl did.

Ipod- This is truley amazing. You can view your songs by playlists,songs,artists,genres, and composers. You can turn the phone on its side which activates cover flow which all should know if you have the newer versions of itunes. You can play videos also as long as they are in ipod format.

Keyboard- It really is like the pearl because it corrects the words you type and really isn't that much of a problem for me as it is for some people.

Battery Life- It is actually great. I have been using it all day with music and all and it still has half of the battery left. The real test will be tomorrow when I go to Mass for the day

Things that i think could be better/added: I think they should add an option in the email to delete all, right now they only let you delete them one by one which becomes a problem when you have 200 emails you don't want. I payed 600$ for a phone that can't have music ringtones at least yet, it is said that itunes will soon have a feature where you have to pay 2$ to convert a purchased song into the ipod ringtone format which i think is unfair when we payed 600$ for a phone in the first place. I wish the camera at least had a flash I really don't know what Apple was thinking there.

So to sum it up, the pearl has its ups and downs and the iphone has its ups and downs they are 2 totally different phones and it just depends on what you are looking for in a phone. I might have missed some things so if you have any questions just ask them and i will answer it the best I can

P.S. I am 14 years old which is why I used the word "cool" a lot lol
    Last edited by GotPearl?; 07-27-2007 at 12:45 AM.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: iPhone Review

Nice write up. Very "cool".

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge
    Nice write up. Very "cool".
    haha thanks

OMGitsMAXX no está en línea Stack level 1

i used to be 14 before

tai
    tai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304E2757

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Nice review, cool.

c1chrisc1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6B92F

Nice review! You did a pretty good job.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mbranscum no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2161A8BC

So Gotpearl...are you using a friend's iphone or did you get one? Are you using it as your primary phone? If so, what do you miss about the Pearl?
    Follow me on Twitter

Cool Smartphone User Guy

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80
    Very "cool" review buddy you must have some petty "cool" parents as well to have a $600 phone at age 14 8)
    Last edited by dasupaman23; 07-23-2007 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Double Post (merge)

Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum
    So Gotpearl...are you using a friend's iphone or did you get one? Are you using it as your primary phone? If so, what do you miss about the Pearl?
    I bought one. I am using it as a primary phone for now. Well with the pearl I miss how the email would just flow in but with the iphone you have to actually make it look for new email they just don't come. I can't really think of anything else I really miss, I will probably find some more things in the next few days. I will also update you on how well the battery lasts because i am going to mass today.

Quote Originally Posted by ebanga
    Very "cool" review buddy you must have some petty "cool" parents as well to have a $600 phone at age 14 8)
    Lol yeah I know it was for my birthday though and it was the only thing i got from them

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

I liked this review a lot. Its more from a bb users pov.great job!! Let us know how that battery holds up for you!!!

jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by GotPearl?
    I bought one. I am using it as a primary phone for now. Well with the pearl I miss how the email would just flow in but with the iphone you have to actually make it look for new email they just don't come. I can't really think of anything else I really miss, I will probably find some more things in the next few days. I will also update you on how well the battery lasts because i am going to mass today.
    You can set the phone to retreive new email at set intervals (minimum every 15 minutes). I do miss the push on my 7100i but every 15 minutes or whenever I start the mail program isn't that bad. My BB always was between 5 and 10 minutes behind my computer anyway.

I took the phone on a trip this weekend and I forgot the charger and didn't bring my laptop. I was able to use the phone all weekend and I still had some charge left when I got home. It had a full charge Friday morn and still had a charge Sunday afternoon. My 7100i wouldn't do that, but I would have a spare battery for the 7100. Still getting 55+ hours of charge while using the phone an internet/email is pretty good. I even kept the WiFi on the whole time.

Well the battery lasted the whole time with music on and texting and internet use for about 7 hours and it was on 15% (low battery) when I got home.

darkhalodcss no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks for the info, now the real question is... whats rim going to do against the iphone... as far as i know the best thing they came up with is wifi... and if the wifi is simular to the nokia e70 which wasnt that great, then rim would have to step it up if they dont want to lose costomers...

i for one..... love my blackberry
    For Some reason.......... Nevermind

mbranscum no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2161A8BC

Quote Originally Posted by GotPearl?
    You're not using it during mass are you?!
    Follow me on Twitter

Cool Smartphone User Guy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast