Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

When I looked it gave me shipping of 12.95 to Florida. I stopped as the ... Smartphone Reviews forum

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Advertisement

When I looked it gave me shipping of 12.95 to Florida. I stopped as the site put me off a little and paying 12.95 to ship a 20 item seemed a little steep. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by exciter View Post
    Found a demo of it on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRFSGW9-Tk4
    Mate, this video is really crap! Typical Chinese video, badly prepared, bad speaker ... the video is definitely not worth the product.

P.S.: I am writing sh***y as well, but I hope I am not that bad

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    This could be really kewl but i have to agree if it costs 50% of the price to ship it may not be worth it!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

jphillkeys no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    This looks like something that I must have.

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    @funkym

Thanks for letting us know about this product. The only other things I've seen are rechargeable LION units (non-solar) that have plugs to recharge other devices. They all cost $30-$50, didn't have much more power than this, and weren't clear on the plugs they included so I couldn't tell if the BB plug would be included. It's nice to know this stuff is out there!

@ everyone else

Thanks for the shipping info. The shipping I don't find too bad (I'm used to ebay where they underprice the item and then make up for it in shipping and 'handling'), since combined I don't think it's a bad price for the use I'd get out of it.

mattdoucet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301CB12F
    Ha ha nerds! Noticed the sun icon and task master but no comment on the sweet lookn background in the back! Check out my profile! Got a sweet pic I took of a flag my girl has! I use it as a background! Lol ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by RedNightHawk View Post
    @ everyone else

Thanks for the shipping info. The shipping I don't find too bad (I'm used to ebay where they underprice the item and then make up for it in shipping and 'handling'), since combined I don't think it's a bad price for the use I'd get out of it.
    I guess the problem with the shipping quotes is: the shipping seems to be calculated based on your location. As they are shipping worldwide, the system first needs to know the destination for shipping and then it can tell you how much it costs.

Thumbs up Free Device - YEAH :)

Hey guys, I got some awesome, wicked, wicked, wicked, awesome news!

My last review was so good that the manufacturer contacted me and asked if I would want a free device because I wrote such a nice review. Well, of course I said “Yeah man!” 8-)

Though I already have the black one with an orange stripe (seems to be kind of limited as they don’t have this anymore) I could use another one as well to charge my BlackBerry and my Bluetooth GPS receiver at the same while I am hiking or biking and tracking my GPS positions.

The new Solar Charger they sent me is black as well but it comes with a nice grey stripe. So it doesn’t have this “limited feeling” but who cares… Anyway, I thought it might be a nice thing to just post some unboxing photos of this one. So here they are:

That’s how the original box looks like.

Fancy layout inside

Everything in there: extension cord, power adapter for charging the solar charger’s battery in an emergency at your power plug, adapters for all supported phones (incl. BlackBerry, Nokia, Samsung, Motorola, SonyEricsson).

Solar Charger connected to my BlackBerry Curve 8320.

Solar Charger connected to my old BlackBerry 8700v.

If you want to know more:

exciter no está en línea Stack level 3
    I got mine today and I LOVE it!! I requested an all black version - which they sent. Via the sun, it seems to charge about 10% every 8 minutes. Very cool!!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Got mine today. Comes with a number of connector/adapters (as mentioned above) some of which I don't even recognize.
    \
    The charger works - I guess that's what counts. It took a while to get here. I posted in here the day I ordered it but I'm too lazy to look back. There's even a connector for the Sony BT headset that I never used much. I think it's worth it.

UPDATE: Curiosity got the best of me and I looked back - it took a couple of weeks to get here.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I discovered a couple of problems. Not that I need it - but the switch for the LED light doesn't work worth a damn. Also, the AC wall plug will not work here in the U.S. So the only ways to charge this is via the sun or USB via the PC. I emailed them a week ago and have not received a response.

I discovered a couple of problems. Not that I need it - but the switch for the LED light doesn't work worth a damn. Also, the AC wall plug will not work here in the U.S. So the only ways to charge this is via the sun or USB via the PC. I emailed them a week ago and have not received a response.
    Yeah, they obviously don't know that we don't use the European plug config here in the U S. You can probably buy an adapter from Radio Shack. I may even have one somewhere in my Europe/American conversion plug stash. My led light switch works now - I'll hold my breath and hope it doesn't go out.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Yeah, they obviously don't know that we don't use the European plug config here in the U S. You can probably buy an adapter from Radio Shack. I may even have one somewhere in my Europe/American conversion plug stash. My led light switch works now - I'll hold my breath and hope it doesn't go out.
    My switch is very difficult to operate as it is below the case. So you need a pen or some kind of pointy object to stick in there to slide the switch. It also appears loose as it flexs up and down. Anyway, the light will illuminate after 5 or 6 tries. Once illuminated, it is difficult to shut off as it can take another 5 or 6 tries to turn off. So I would rather not mess with it.

My switch is very difficult to operate as it is below the case. So you need a pen or some kind of pointy object to stick in there to slide the switch. It also appears loose as it flexs up and down. Anyway, the light will illuminate after 5 or 6 tries. Once illuminated, it is difficult to shut off as it can take another 5 or 6 tries to turn off. So I would rather not mess with it.
    Well, it's probably just a matter of quality control (without the probably.) Since the main reason I bought it was for a solar charger and it came from the other side of the world (and I assume because of the shipping time there isn't a US distributor) there may not be any recourse - none that's fast anyway. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try if you have the time and patience.

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    I ordered my charger back in July 23, Current date August 21. back when it was 19.95, recently jumped up to 29.95. but my main thing is its been a month, and my product still hasnt made its way to me, website says 5-10 days, not weeks

i check my order status and it still says "Processing" i checked to make sure it was not Back-Ordered, and nope, it looks ok. so i e-mail the owner through the "Contact-us" page, and after 4 days he got back to me saying he made a mistake and that my item has now been shipped, and he was going to include a free music CD for my trubles.

little did i know that was a lie... i checked today again (10 days later) still "Processing" the item has NOT been shipped, yet he told me it had been shipped with the e-mail he sent me nearly 2 weeks before. OH and guess what.... my credit card has been charged for the item + shipping costs, even though it hasnt been shipped....

i here a lot of happy customers out there, so im wondering if i happen be Mr.Un-lucky but this is ridiculous. i will be sending another e-mail soon requesting my order to be canceled, and if my credit card dosnt get its payment returned i will put this in to a legal matter, and i will set an example for this company that you should scam your customers.

i contacted the owner directly, and still nothing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast