Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

My concern is what is the output of the panel? I have tested a solar ... Smartphone Reviews forum

caustic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Advertisement

My concern is what is the output of the panel? I have tested a solar charger that we sale and the output isn't sufficient. Charging a standard motorola 385 took over 6 hrs in constant office light and just a little over 5 hours in constant sunlight. I didn't try it on a BB, but would guess at least 25 - 35 percent more time due to the nature of a blackberry and its always on/working nature and the amount of charge the device has when starting the charge process.
    So I wouldn't throw away that ac/dc charger too soon. This is most likely a great product for outdoor charging. camping and such. I'm gonna grab one to test out, but solar chargers by nature only have about a 7 - 15 percent efficiency rate depnding on the panel construction. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Just ordered. Hopefully it'll work on the dash of a car - that's what I'd use if for. I WON'T be sitting outside on 100 degree days here charging my BB.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

sal_jr no está en línea Stack level 1
    Sounds Great ! Where can i get that wallpaper?
    Once you go Black , you Never go back.

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by sal_jr View Post
    Sounds Great ! Where can i get that wallpaper?
    Wallpaper is from here. Just search for something like "Hong Kong Babe" and you will find it

BiggieMack25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    buying one right now. Thanks for the review...
    Biggie Mack 25
    ....I can see my house from here.....

josephcaraccio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31a987a7
    I want this! Does anyone know if it will charge all USB devices like cameras?
    nonnasmyladie [@] vzw [Dot] blackberry [dot] net

PIN: 31a987a7

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    I really dont like the site, that you posted to buy it at??? Anyone find it somewhere else?

Back to the topic .......

THANKS I am going camping next week for 4 days, I hope I can get this intime, it will be great to not have to leave my phone in my truck to charge all the time, and the spare battery buffer will come in handy as well.
    Last edited by rashard; 07-23-2008 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Removed some negativity :)
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    @ Rashard

Funny, something about the 100milligrams site dissuaded me too (Makes me wonder what your original comments were). The only other place I've seen it listed is at

http://www.greenbaba.com/Solar-Charg...-products.html

It's model TC004. Trouble is GreenBaba's in China (Shipping would likely be expensive and take a while), they haven't got a proper store set up where you can buy and check out - you have to e-mail, their description doesn't list what comes with it, or compatibility. Edit - One of the additional pictures does show the additional connectors and package contents - End Edit

Interestingly, they do have other models. The TC008 caught my eye largely cause it folds to protect the solar panel from damage. More useful to me since I'd probably be carrying it around in a pocket or backpack.

I probably won't order from Greenbaba either...the search for an alternative site continues.

@ Everyone

I didn't want to sign up for the 100milligrams site since I just wanted to find out about the shipping costs before deciding to purchase and didn't feel like giving all sorts of info just to do that. Can anyone who ordered from them offer their experiences with the company, and a rough idea of how much shipping cost for them? It would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by RedNightHawk; 07-24-2008 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Adding Info and Clearing Up Confusion

DiamondD2506 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    *Ask*
    Great review Thanks!!
    *CLASSY, not TRASHY*

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by josephcaraccio View Post
    I want this! Does anyone know if it will charge all USB devices like cameras?
    Yes it will. Technically it can charge any kind of mini-USB device as well as some others. There are a bunch of adapters for a lot of devices, but I think mini-USB is the most important one as it is needed for us BlackBerry users

Quote Originally Posted by caustic View Post
    My concern is what is the output of the panel? I have tested a solar charger that we sale and the output isn't sufficient. Charging a standard motorola 385 took over 6 hrs in constant office light and just a little over 5 hours in constant sunlight. I didn't try it on a BB, but would guess at least 25 - 35 percent more time due to the nature of a blackberry and its always on/working nature and the amount of charge the device has when starting the charge process.
    So I wouldn't throw away that ac/dc charger too soon. This is most likely a great product for outdoor charging. camping and such. I'm gonna grab one to test out, but solar chargers by nature only have about a 7 - 15 percent efficiency rate depnding on the panel construction. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Charging my flattened Pearl to 75% took around an hour if I remember right. I gonna play a bit with my BB until it is empty again and charge it completely from scratch. Just to have example charging data

Quote Originally Posted by exciter View Post
    Looks nice. Is it possible to charge the BB using a cable rather than through one of those connectors? Reason I ask - is it would be nice to to set the solar charger on a window sill, dashboard etc instead of plugging it directly in the side of the BB.
    This should be possible too. I guess the dashboard is the best location as there is mostly a lot of sun

@all: thanks a lot for the kudos. I didn't expect to get that much feedback

tonyr38663 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20CF2EAF
    This will be a hot item, maybe a must have very soon.

exciter no está en línea Stack level 3
    Found a demo of it on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRFSGW9-Tk4

exciter no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by RedNightHawk View Post
    @ Rashard

Funny, something about the site dissuaded me too (Makes me wonder what your original comments were). The only other place I've seen it listed is at

http://www.greenbaba.com/Solar-Charg...-products.html

It's model TC004. Trouble is they're in China (Shipping would likely be expensive and take a while), they haven't got a proper store set up where you can buy and check out - you have to e-mail, their description doesn't list what comes with it, or compatibility. Edit - One of the additional pictures does show the additional connectors and package contents - End Edit

Interestingly, they do have other models. The TC008 caught my eye largely cause it folds to protect the solar panel from damage. More useful to me since I'd probably be carrying it around in a pocket or backpack.

I probably won't order from Greenbaba either...the search for an alternative site continues.

@ Everyone

I didn't want to sign up for the original site since I just wanted to find out about the shipping costs before deciding to purchase and didn't feel like giving all sorts of info just to do that. Can anyone who ordered from them offer their experiences with the company, and a rough idea of how much shipping cost for them? It would be appreciated. Thanks.
    I am in the checkout process and shipping is $8.75 to Los Angeles. "Delivery Time: 6-7 Days"

automan69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i must have this for my pearl where do you go to buy this product and 20 dollars is awesome but I live in Canada so the shipping will be like 40 dollars, ok have to go battery is running low need it soon....lol

borisshnitkin no está en línea Stack level 1
    Is this site legit? I really gotta get it but worried since its from china so worried that I would never receive the product. Isn't there a website that is in the states that sell them?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast