Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I found the greatest BlackBerry gadget ever! (Besides my Bluetooth GPS receiver, of course) I ... Smartphone Reviews forum

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up Hardware Review: Solar Charger for BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

Advertisement

I found the greatest BlackBerry gadget ever! (Besides my Bluetooth GPS receiver, of course)

I just got the chance to check out one of those solar chargers for the BlackBerry. All in all: it is very easy to use and it just works!

With just 76 gram it is a very lightweight device and fits into every pocket. I think it is very useful when you are outdoors and don’t have the chance to charge your BlackBerry (or Bluetooth GPS receiver with which it is compatible as well). For example, when you go hiking or doing any outdoor activity that requires your BlackBerry to work. One more cool thing is the fact that this Solar Charger comes with an internal battery which is constantly charged even if there is no device connected to it. This means, you got an internal extra “buffer battery” which enables you to use the Solar Charger even in the dark without any daylight. Moreover, daylight is not necessarily required for the Solar Charger. You can even use it inside in your office with the normal office light and the Solar Charger charges itself and a connected device using the office light. WICKED! For demonstration photos please see below.

The Solar Charger supports a variety of mobile phones and other electronic devices, but it also supports all BlackBerry models with a mini-USB port.

Supported BlackBerry® devices: 71xx Series, 713x Series, 72xx Series, 75xx Series, 77xx Series, 81xx / Pearl Series, 83xx / Curve Series, 87xx Series, 88xx Series, 90xx / Bold Series.

My BlackBerry Curve 8320 works really well with this neat gadget. Here are some photos from the device in action:

Left to right: Solar Charger, included mini-USB adapter, BlackBerry Curve 8320.

Charging in progress…

You see the charging symbol? It really works!

You can get the Solar Charger for BlackBerry for just $29.95 at 100milligrams.

This is an excerpt of the full review by BlackBerryInsight; content used with permission.
    Last edited by funkym; 07-25-2008 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Price has been changed by seller

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    that is a greta review. i've seen a different types of solar chargers but this looks great
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    What is the sun icon? And what is taskmaster?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hehe, they just appeared by accident. The sun icon is the free "Weather Eye" application from mobile.blackberry.com.

TaskMaster is a task management tool I am using. Pretty nice and much more easier to use than the built-in BlackBerry Tasks.

exciter no está en línea Stack level 3
    Looks nice. Is it possible to charge the BB using a cable rather than through one of those connectors? Reason I ask - is it would be nice to to set the solar charger on a window sill, dashboard etc instead of plugging it directly in the side of the BB.
    Last edited by exciter; 07-23-2008 at 03:17 AM.

rjm2009 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317A896B
    Quote Originally Posted by exciter View Post
    Looks nice. Is it possible to charge the BB using a cable rather than through one of those connectors? Reason I ask - is it would be nice to to set the solar charger on a window sill, dashboard etc instead of plugging it directly in the side of the BB.
    u could get a mini to mini usb extender cable, but that might mean a longer charge time.
    When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by rjm2009 View Post
    u could get a mini to mini usb extender cable, but that might mean a longer charge time.
    You don't need to. It comes with an extension cable (last point of "package contents": Charge extension cable). So you can use it with a cable, of course. I just love it.

Sorry for the enthusiasm

blacknight0180 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2445561A
    can you use it at night?!?! just kidding! im pretty bored here at work.... nice product! definitely gonna get it.... will post own experience!
    -=BlacKnight=-

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    That's awesome!

¤Via Curvelicious¤
    «BrianG»

Quote Originally Posted by blacknight0180 View Post
    can you use it at night?!?! just kidding! im pretty bored here at work.... nice product! definitely gonna get it.... will post own experience!
    yes, you can use it at night. because it comes with an internal battery, it does not depend on the daylight as long as the solar charger's internal battery still got some power

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends

Smile

NICE i get a couple
    Mike

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Looks like a nice little BB Must have, thanks for the Review

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

WrldMndNova no está en línea Stack level 2
    Not only do I agree with all the awesome's and wicked's up above, but I have to throw in a Totally Sick DUDES!!! I'm in need of one of these asap....must have. Why plug to a wall at all at that point? if you are already paying for electricity for the lights to run, just use them to charge your phone. Or have your work charge your phone!!!
    Wickedly Sick and Awesome

-Whoda-
    -a Techie; secret Hippie-

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Nice review, I've been thinking about getting one of these. The internal battery is a nice touch, others without it need direct sunlight to be effective.

fuentes01a no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3188C681
    Great review. I will definitely be getting one.

Thank you.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast