I am the type of phone user that likes to have it easy. There's nothing ... Smartphone Reviews forum

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer

HanDBase for BlackBerry review.

I am the type of phone user that likes to have it easy. There's nothing really complex about it; no insane formula that governs it. I simply like to have as much as I can on the least number of devices. Convergence is key.

It's the reason that I, the most loyal of Palm guys, migrated to BlackBerry. I am a ministry guy, and everything on my device needs to assist me in that pursuit.

The biggest drawback for me as a new BB user was the relative dearth of the third party applications that made life with Palm a breeze. In recent years, the gap is closing; one application that helps shrink this gap significantly is HanDBase Professional for BlackBerry by DDH Software.

I originally had this on my Palm OS device, and it was my most used non-scriptual application. Simply put, it is an all-round database solution with an amazing penchant for flexibility.

There is almost no limit to the possibilities. This application bridges the gap that exists between convergence device and handheld laptop replacement.

The program comes in two parts for the BlackBerry. It has the handheld portion and a desktop companion. The two components are syncable both ways. The idea is that the user makes a database on the desktop that is accessible on the user's device.

To explain further, think of a relational database that could be useful (like a check register) HanDBase allows the user to create a custom check register to fit the user's needs. The interface easily helps you along, and you can create tables and columns that are dependent on each other. In other words, you can integrate data and basically create simple mini-programs that fulfill business and personal needs.

It gets better. Checkable tasks lists, fitness logs, bible studies, business ledgers, contact databases, and more can all be created and then carried on your device.

DDH also offers the ability to create custom databases for individual and enterprise users. It is easy to see why this item is so highly regarded in the Palm world.

To nitpick, I wish that one could create databases on the go on the actual device.

All in all, I enjoyed using this software. Look here for a comparison of features of the BB stable.

Try out HanDBase at the demo download site.

As an added boon, DDH is offering a special code, good for 20% off HanDBase Professional for BlackBerry. Just use the code Dec08TL20 during checkout at the DDH website. The code is good till January 15, 2009.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    Nice review tre will have to check this out!

Carpe Diem!!

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    Thanks THB...

I have to get back to Christberry... haven't been there in a while.