Are you a heavy email user? Do you find yourself always looking back to find ... Smartphone Reviews forum

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Followup!

Advertisement

Are you a heavy email user?
    Do you find yourself always looking back to find the email you got 3 hours and 50 emails ago that you have to respond to before the end of the day? That's me in a nutshell!
    The Link2 team has come up with a pretty good solution with this application.
    This has integration with your calendar, and sets a reminder. I can't speak to the specifics of how this works with other devices than the Pearl, but here is how simple this is.
    Open your email. Click the blackberry key just to the left of the Trackball. You will see Followup! near the top of the menu. Select that. The default is set to remind you in one hour, but there are several options, as well as the custom option, where you can be reminded at a specific time. Click the blackberry key again, and select "set follow up".

Overall rating: 4 out of 5.

Pros : easy to set a reminder. Custom time of reminder makes things simple and seamless.

Cons : there doesn't appear to be a snooze button which if you're busy at the time the reminder goes off, can be difficult. Also, if the reminder that is set conflicts with an existing appt, it appears that the reminder fails to happen. Maybe I'm not using it correctly, and the developer can correct me.

All in all, this app definitely has its merits and is worth it for the heavy email user.
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

MagicDev no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Followup!

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    Are you a heavy email user?
    Do you find yourself always looking back to find the email you got 3 hours and 50 emails ago that you have to respond to before the end of the day? That's me in a nutshell!
    The Link2 team has come up with a pretty good solution with this application.
    This has integration with your calendar, and sets a reminder. I can't speak to the specifics of how this works with other devices than the Pearl, but here is how simple this is.
    Open your email. Click the blackberry key just to the left of the Trackball. You will see Followup! near the top of the menu. Select that. The default is set to remind you in one hour, but there are several options, as well as the custom option, where you can be reminded at a specific time. Click the blackberry key again, and select "set follow up".

Overall rating: 4 out of 5.

Pros : easy to set a reminder. Custom time of reminder makes things simple and seamless.

Cons : there doesn't appear to be a snooze button which if you're busy at the time the reminder goes off, can be difficult. Also, if the reminder that is set conflicts with an existing appt, it appears that the reminder fails to happen. Maybe I'm not using it correctly, and the developer can correct me.

All in all, this app definitely has its merits and is worth it for the heavy email user.
    Todd,
    thanks for the nice review. We have issued a hotfix, so now if you try to add a follow-up and there is a time conflict, the follow-up is moved in the calendar so there is no conflict anymore. We will post it ASAP.

Again, thanks for the review!
    The Link2 Team

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Nice review, Michigan fan!
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

dc2193 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Sounds interesting

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks doobs. Its tough being a Michigan fan right now. Last Monday was an abortion.